And another one bites the dust

Nebraska Lt. Gov. Sheehy resigns from office - Yahoo! News

Q. What is it with pols?

A. the arrogance of power, a sense of entitlement, and too cheap to use a throw-a-way cell.

It is all that, true.

But this is just another sex scandal. It's somewhat less than honest to use these as a basis for demanding a politician leave office. It's hypocritical. We've got to get over this set of fake moral standards. If Ralph Kramden is boinking his neighbor Trixie, that has no effect on how he drives the bus I ride.

• Banned

Q. What is it with pols?

A. the arrogance of power, a sense of entitlement, and too cheap to use a throw-a-way cell.

It is all that, true.

But this is just another sex scandal. It's somewhat less than honest to use these as a basis for demanding a politician leave office. It's hypocritical. We've got to get over this set of fake moral standards. If Ralph Kramden is boinking his neighbor Trixie, that has no effect on how he drives the bus I ride.

I somewhat agree. Yet, Ralph may pillow talk about fares and routes; not a good idea for someone who may share sensitive information.

Q. What is it with pols?

It is all that, true.

I somewhat agree. Yet, Ralph may pillow talk about fares and routes; not a good idea for someone who may share sensitive information.

Sure, but Ralph could do that with anyone. There's no guarantee that just because somebody's a lover that means they're talking gummint bidness. I know that's what Dick Morris got fired for but it doesn't necessarily follow.

For that matter some cognate Lieutenant Gov with complete fidelity to his/her spouse could be blabbing to that spouse, so the distinction is indistinct.

Last edited:
  • Banned
It is all that, true.

Sure, but Ralph could do that with anyone. There's no guarantee that just because somebody's a lover that means they're talking gummint bidness. I know that's what Dick Morris got fired for but it doesn't necessarily follow.

For that matter some cognate Lieutenant Gov with complete fidelity to his/her spouse could be blabbing to that spouse, so the distinction is indistinct.

Good point. So why is there so much outrage when a general officer or an elected official violates the marriage vow? The Lt. Gov. quickly resigned, the Gov. tossed him under the bus and the media suggests his days as an elected official are over.

Forum List

Back