And obama spoke…..and the gates of Hell opened….obama to release 6,000 felons today...

false I've made no gaffes.
why don't you look up the word ploy..

WTF is the 'quote function ploy'?!
(Yeah, I watched you have trouble with the quotes when posting, which is not a big deal - everyone has problems with it from time to time...but like a typical Liberal ... and Obama ... you insist 'I don't make gaffes'.

Yeah, like I said....whatever helps you sleep at night, man. :p )

How brainwashed/dumb do you have to be to believe the POTUS thinks there are 57 states?
How stupid do you have to be to SAY you just finished visiting 'all 57 states'?! :p
Analysis: It's true that during a May 9, 2008 campaign stop in Oregon, Barack Obama said he had visited 57 states. The exact quote, as transcribed in the LA Times "Top of the Ticket" blog (and viewable on YouTube), went as follows:"It is wonderful to be back in Oregon," Obama said. "Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wnted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

Not to make excuses for the gaffe, but it's clear from the context that the candidate intended to say he had been in 47 (or perhaps 48) states, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Obama acknowledged the mistake later that same day by poking fun at his own "numeracy problem."

Obama Quote: 'I've Visited 57 States'
uneasy 65's insistence that the pres actually thought that is more proof that the right has ventured down the rabbit hole of ignorance into uncharted dumbfuckery

false I've made no gaffes.
why don't you look up the word ploy..

WTF is the 'quote function ploy'?!
(Yeah, I watched you have trouble with the quotes when posting, which is not a big deal - everyone has problems with it from time to time...but like a typical Liberal ... and Obama ... you insist 'I don't make gaffes'.

Yeah, like I said....whatever helps you sleep at night, man. :p )
'll take that nonsense as a I'd rather stay ignorant .
fine by me.
I'll just laugh that much harder at your paranoia.

We had 500 million in prison 30 years ago, we now have five times that number
Where did we find 500 million? Did we clean out China or India? And no we have five times more, in other words 2 and one half billion, or a third of the world's population are languishing in our prison system?

I would say Obama's done an incredible job with the national debt in light of this!

Last edited:
With 2.5 million Americans incarcerated, it is time to start releasing alot more than that

Where did we find 500 million? Did we clean out China or India? And no we have five times more, in other words 2 and one half billion, or a third of the world's population are languishing in our prison system?

I would say Obama's done an incredible job with the national debt in light of this!

500 thousand...my error

With 2.5 million Americans incarcerated, it is time to start releasing alot more than that

500 thousand...my error
Whew! I was going to agree with you for a minute there. Are you black by any chance?

Know when the problems with the prison system started? When they decided to privatize the prisons. When that happened, any program to help them become useful citizens (learning a trade, getting an education, etc.), was axed because it wasn't "profitable".

And............if there are no prisoners, the corporation that owns the prison doesn't make money, so they team up with law enforcement to jail as many as possible, for whatever they can, even if it's someone who is non violent who committed a victimless crime.

People who commit non violent victimless crimes (smoking cannabis, jay walking, etc.) should be let off with no more than a fine.

Know when the problems with the prison system started? When they decided to privatize the prisons. When that happened, any program to help them become useful citizens (learning a trade, getting an education, etc.), was axed because it wasn't "profitable".

And............if there are no prisoners, the corporation that owns the prison doesn't make money, so they team up with law enforcement to jail as many as possible, for whatever they can, even if it's someone who is non violent who committed a victimless crime.

People who commit non violent victimless crimes (smoking cannabis, jay walking, etc.) should be let off with no more than a fine.

So who's in prison for jaywalking or just smoking a joint?

God you people just make up ship from the top of your head.

How brainwashed/dumb do you have to be to believe the POTUS thinks there are 57 states?
How stupid do you have to be to SAY you just finished visiting 'all 57 states'?! :p
Analysis: It's true that during a May 9, 2008 campaign stop in Oregon, Barack Obama said he had visited 57 states. The exact quote, as transcribed in the LA Times "Top of the Ticket" blog (and viewable on YouTube), went as follows:"It is wonderful to be back in Oregon," Obama said. "Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wnted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

Not to make excuses for the gaffe, but it's clear from the context that the candidate intended to say he had been in 47 (or perhaps 48) states, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Obama acknowledged the mistake later that same day by poking fun at his own "numeracy problem."

Obama Quote: 'I've Visited 57 States'
uneasy 65's insistence that the pres actually thought that is more proof that the right has ventured down the rabbit hole of ignorance into uncharted dumbfuckery

Was that anything like John Kerry's supposed "flubbed" joke when he told a bunch of college kids that if they didn't stay in school, they might end up in some place like Iraq?

Actually, I got locked up for a month for having a personal use amount (less than 3 oz. is the limit) in my house. The neighbors called because they smelled something coming from my apartment.

Yes. You can be locked up for smoking a joint.

I also remember that I was walking home one day and had a pipe in my pocket that had cannabis residue on it. I got stopped and searched, they found the pipe, and I spent a week in jail for a paraphenelia charge.

File:U.S._incarceration_rates_1925_onwards.png

File:U.S. incarceration rates 1925 onwards.png - Wikimedia Commons

What happens when someone doesn't pay the fine or ticket? And what about background checks and future employers. Won't these individuals just be left homeless and looking for soup lines?

Well if that worked, but in the personal instances I've seen, it doesn't.

Several years ago in my state, we had an issue for first time drug offenders to get rehab instead of jail. I voted for it, but the issue went down by a margin of 2 to 1. It's obvious society does want these people locked up.

Treatment can and does work. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but treating the disease is far more effective than punishing the patient. Countries like Portugal have shown this. States that are transitioning their approach to drug crime have shown this.

Well so far I have yet to see any credible evidence of it.

Actually, I got locked up for a month for having a personal use amount (less than 3 oz. is the limit) in my house. The neighbors called because they smelled something coming from my apartment.

Yes. You can be locked up for smoking a joint.

I also remember that I was walking home one day and had a pipe in my pocket that had cannabis residue on it. I got stopped and searched, they found the pipe, and I spent a week in jail for a paraphenelia charge.

Prison and jail are entirely different. To my knowledge, there are no privately owned city jails.

You didn't go to prison for smoking a joint, you went to jail for being in possession of marijuana not considered for personal use. 3 ounces is a hell of a lot of pot for one or two people.

Forum List

Back