And obama spoke…..and the gates of Hell opened….obama to release 6,000 felons today...

They're coming out a lot worse than when they went in. All it's gonna take is 1 of them murdering someone and everyone who had anything to do with this is gonna be crucified.
The right doesn't seem to care how many people die in an extra-Constitutional and non-specifically enumerated, War on Drugs. just claim you want "equality" from the left.

Wasn't there something about an angel with a key coming down and opening the doorway to an abyss and releasing Apollyon and his locust army of demons? Is Obama Apollyon? LOL!!

Maybe because those in prison can't commit a crime outside of prison.

Actually that would seem to have very little to do with it. Most studies indicate that our penal system fails to prevent repeat offenses, and that serving time in prison increases the likelihood for a person to later venture into even more serious criminal territory.

That leads back to what I said in other posts: Make them work. The harder the better. The lazier they are the less they eat.

Prisons today are a pleasant holiday for these scumbags, three meals a day, clothes, recreation, comfort provided without usefully moving a muscle. Quite a bit more pleasant than finding a new gang or possibly, finding and working at a job.

Make their life in prison as totally miserable as possible without the ACLU assholes getting all excited and they will never want to come back to prison.

We had a guy here trying to get out of the death penalty. His claim was he was too fat to kill. Finding his vein was difficult when they tried it the first time and he had to be rescheduled. The question was not should he be executed, the question is how did he get so fat in the first place while in prison?

Our liberal courts are responsible for our prison system not being a deterrent any longer. If prison was breaking big rocks into little rocks, nobody would want to end up in prison.

This is just a warm up

Watch for a major pardon when Obama leaves office

Hope it works out. I rather like low crime rates.
Our rates, especially our murder rate is higher than most of the civilized world

Tough prison laws and capital punishment don't seem to work

Of course they don't work. In prison, they have cable television, a pool room in some, a workout room, a library, and some even have internet connections.

When it takes 12 to 18 years to execute somebody, of course it's not a deterrent. Are you worried about what's going to happen to you in 15 years from now? Neither am I, so where is the deterrent?

If you want capital punishment to be a deterrent, we need to exhaust all appeals in five months. After that, execute the prisoner and have it available on live television or pay-per-view. Then the death penalty will be a deterrent.

Most of the guys that have killed cops recently all have drug raps on their records.

It's not a harmless crime.

And most of the inner-city shootings are between gangs that sell drugs. They can't sell drugs to people that aren't buying them.

You don't have to be in a gang for a drug offense.

You missed the point entirely. I never said you have to be in a gang. My point is that when you let these drug users out, they will look for drugs. That keeps the gangs in business and the killing that goes along with it.

Drug usage is violent. My cousin just buried her son a couple months ago from a heroin overdose. He was 28 years old. I say that's violent enough for me.

Actually that would seem to have very little to do with it. Most studies indicate that our penal system fails to prevent repeat offenses, and that serving time in prison increases the likelihood for a person to later venture into even more serious criminal territory.

That leads back to what I said in other posts: Make them work. The harder the better. The lazier they are the less they eat.

Prisons today are a pleasant holiday for these scumbags, three meals a day, clothes, recreation, comfort provided without usefully moving a muscle. Quite a bit more pleasant than finding a new gang or possibly, finding and working at a job.

Make their life in prison as totally miserable as possible without the ACLU assholes getting all excited and they will never want to come back to prison.

We had a guy here trying to get out of the death penalty. His claim was he was too fat to kill. Finding his vein was difficult when they tried it the first time and he had to be rescheduled. The question was not should he be executed, the question is how did he get so fat in the first place while in prison?

Our liberal courts are responsible for our prison system not being a deterrent any longer. If prison was breaking big rocks into little rocks, nobody would want to end up in prison.

Or clearing swamps (pardon me, wetlands) as in "Longest Yard" or digging holes and filling them as in "Cool Hand Luke" would be just as good and effective.

This is just a warm up

Our rates, especially our murder rate is higher than most of the civilized world

While it doesn't give the best results, crime has been headed in the right direction. Problem with private jails is more people in jail is good business. So I don't doubt there are many we don't need there. I think our higher rates are the result of too much inequality.
I just can't believe that our society needs five times the prison population we had thirty years ago

Somebody is making big money......fear mongering pays off

With 2.5 million Americans incarcerated, it is time to start releasing alot more than that

We had 500 million in prison 30 years ago, we now have five times that number

30 years ago you did not have as many criminals and a populace that was not as amoral as the one created by secular humanists that we have today

We also have a lot more people in the world dingleberry

This is just a warm up

While it doesn't give the best results, crime has been headed in the right direction. Problem with private jails is more people in jail is good business. So I don't doubt there are many we don't need there. I think our higher rates are the result of too much inequality.
I just can't believe that our society needs five times the prison population we had thirty years ago

Somebody is making big money......fear mongering pays off

Yep, scaring people into becoming criminals. It's worked every time it's tried.

Or clearing swamps (pardon me, wetlands) as in "Longest Yard" or digging holes and filling them as in "Cool Hand Luke" would be just as good and effective.

What a classic. "I'm shaking it here boss.......I'm shaking it." :rock:

Most of the guys that have killed cops recently all have drug raps on their records.

And most of the inner-city shootings are between gangs that sell drugs. They can't sell drugs to people that aren't buying them.

You missed the point entirely. I never said you have to be in a gang. My point is that when you let these drug users out, they will look for drugs. That keeps the gangs in business and the killing that goes along with it.

Drug usage is violent. My cousin just buried her son a couple months ago from a heroin overdose. He was 28 years old. I say that's violent enough for me.

So............you're going to pull a Carly Fiorina and equate non violent marijuana users with heroin users?

Might want to do some more research.

With 2.5 million Americans incarcerated, it is time to start releasing alot more than that

We had 500 million in prison 30 years ago, we now have five times that number

30 years ago you did not have as many criminals and a populace that was not as amoral as the one created by secular humanists that we have today

We also have a lot more people in the world dingleberry

30 years ago we did not have silly zero tolerance policies on drugs. The rest of the world does not need them

So............you're going to pull a Carly Fiorina and equate non violent marijuana users with heroin users?

There are not many marijuana users in our prisons. Pot sellers and dealers? Yes, but not just users unless the offense was associated with another crime or they had a large quantity enough to be considered selling.

It wasn't until that FBI agent named Anslinger (who hated Black and Brown people) decided to make cannabis illegal (Hispanics and Blacks were the largest consumers), so that he could lock them all up.

If you support the war on drugs and use cannabis as one of the examples, you support racist policies.

There are not many marijuana users in our prisons. Pot sellers and dealers? Yes, but not just users unless the offense was associated with another crime or they had a large quantity enough to be considered selling.

Actually, one time I got caught with a personal use amount (less than 3 ounces), wasn't selling, wasn't doing anything, although a certain odor was coming from my apartment and the neighbors called the police, they came up and investigated, and I ended up spending a month in jail. Hadn't done a thing except spark up in my house.

And............when I went to jail, I spent that month with one guy who had shot and killed his girlfriend, 2 meth cooks, 1 drug runner (he was running POUNDS of cannabis), and 1 guy who was a member of the Aryan Brotherhood and was there for assault and attempted murder.

While I was there, I learned a great deal about how to do things like cook meth, pick locks, and the structure of the Aryan Brotherhood. Didn't know those things before I went in, and worked like hell to forget them when I got out.

No, people shouldn't be locked up for non violent, non dangerous drug charges. At most, maybe a fine up to 250.00

Actually, one time I got caught with a personal use amount (less than 3 ounces), wasn't selling, wasn't doing anything, although a certain odor was coming from my apartment and the neighbors called the police, they came up and investigated, and I ended up spending a month in jail. Hadn't done a thing except spark up in my house.

And............when I went to jail, I spent that month with one guy who had shot and killed his girlfriend, 2 meth cooks, 1 drug runner (he was running POUNDS of cannabis), and 1 guy who was a member of the Aryan Brotherhood and was there for assault and attempted murder.

While I was there, I learned a great deal about how to do things like cook meth, pick locks, and the structure of the Aryan Brotherhood. Didn't know those things before I went in, and worked like hell to forget them when I got out.

No, people shouldn't be locked up for non violent, non dangerous drug charges. At most, maybe a fine up to 250.00

Well, three ounces is quite a bit of pot. When I was younger, three ounces would have lasted me the entire summer if not more, and the stuff today is so much stronger from what I'm told.

Here in Ohio we are going to vote for the legalization of pot next week, and I'm voting against it. I don't care if people smoke pot, but it bothers me to have marijuana shops and advertising in newspapers or road signs. I just don't think it's a good environment for our children.

At the same time, I don't think it's right to summon people into court because they had a joint on them or in their car. There is no middle-ground on the issue unfortunately.

So should you.

What research have you done?

My brother started out smoking pot. Eventually he was free-basing. He was involved in an armed robbery, and when they tried to make an escape, ended up in a shootout with cops....killing one of them.

I think it all depends on who you are. Some people can stick to pot. Some people are so tighly wound that they keep looking for better and better highs.

Now, if you can tell me who all of these 6000 assholes were that Obama released, then you have the right to lecture me. Other than that, STFU.

Well, three ounces is quite a bit of pot. When I was younger, three ounces would have lasted me the entire summer if not more, and the stuff today is so much stronger from what I'm told.

Here in Ohio we are going to vote for the legalization of pot next week, and I'm voting against it. I don't care if people smoke pot, but it bothers me to have marijuana shops and advertising in newspapers or road signs. I just don't think it's a good environment for our children.

At the same time, I don't think it's right to summon people into court because they had a joint on them or in their car. There is no middle-ground on the issue unfortunately.

Question. Have you ever been to CO and seen how they run their shops over there? You CANNOT get in without showing an ID, and the ID is checked very carefully before entry. In most cases, they hold on to your ID until your transaction is complete and then they give it back to you. Most of the shops have interesting names that allude to the use of cannabis (Medicine Man, Maggies Farm, etc), but don't directly refer to it by it's proper name. In some cases it comes really close (Cannaseur), but most never directly refer to pot.

Additionally, the "bud tender" will explain to you the different varieties, what their effects are, and how long they can be expected to last. You never got that kind of instruction and knowledge from the corner liquor store, they just check the ID, give you the bottle, take the money and tell you to have a nice day.

Granted, in some cases, the kids will be able to get their hands on it via other means, but they do the same thing with alcohol right now.

And................not only that, but narcotics overdoses, as well as the crime rate have gone down in CO, not to mention the 50 million they took in in taxes last year.

If there were no users, there would not be sellers, pushers and drug bosses.

Eliminate users, no matter how "innocent" and non-violent they may appear and there is no drug crisis.

You know - supply and demand.

If there were no users, there would not be sellers, pushers and drug bosses.

Eliminate users, no matter how "innocent" and non-violent they may appear and there is no drug crisis.

You know - supply and demand.

Eliminate the crime of using and there is no need to have drug bosses

Forum List

Back