And so it continues, unabated, by the self proclaimed Emperor!

For those who doubt DJT is not a megalomaniac, and the GOP which has allowed him to become a self proclaimed emperor, please wake up, open you eyes, and read this:

"President Donald Trump lashed out at two liberal Supreme Court justices Tuesday, escalating his battle with the judicial system to new heights despite entreaties by his attorney general to refrain from Twitter blasts that complicate the administration’s legal fights.

"Weighing in on a domestic matter before embarking on a day of ceremony and meetings in India, Trump seized on an opinion by Justice Sonia Sotomayor and a years-old comment by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg to demand that the two Democratic-appointed jurists recuse themselves from any cases involving him."

Trump Demands Two Liberal Justices Recuse Themselves From His Cases

Link to Trump proclaiming he is Emperor?

Self proclaimed, he is a megalomaniac. He rejects the Separation of Powers and actually believes he is above the law. It is people like you who feed his ego, and those Senators who have given him a pass, making trump and infusing future presidents with the belief that they too can do what they please without interference from the Courts and the Congress.

It is up to us to reign in the presidency, notwithstanding anything trump has done which some of you believe is in our countries best interests, his behavior and divisive rhetoric is both sufficient and necessary for him to be a one term president; he is beyond a doubt unfit to remain in office, having abused the power of the office & violated the trust which he seems to believe is his divine right.
Gosh. You probably shouldn't vote for him, then.

Gosh, by that logic this board shouldn't exist.
You're really not good at logic. I suggest you don't try it any more.

You are a moron....

They are not above criticism...

When he....

Arrests the judges.

Executes the judges.

Arrests journalists.

Executes journalists.

Confiscates homes and property of private citizens and sends them to bernie sanders gulags....

Then get back to us...till then, you should really grow up...

The president has no authority to tell judges what to do. It's an authoritarian fantasy Trump has, or he literally doesn't understand how our Constitution works. He needs to back off.

It's a BIG LIE, one which the Chief Justice responded to when Trump called out "Obama Judges". Now we have seen more intrusion into the Judiciary:

Is there any doubt trump is a person who is obsessed with their own power?

I miss the good old days when Presidents didn't criticize the Supreme Court, don't you?

I have no problem with Obama or Trump criticizing decisions made by the Supreme Court, nobody has said otherwise. To demand they recuse themselves for not drinking the kool aid is another matter.

He didn't demand anything.

Words have meanings. You don't get to create new ones.

The mere hint that a justice should recuse themselves from anything involving Trump before the Supreme Court because someone said something not nice about him is uncalled for.

For those who doubt DJT is not a megalomaniac, and the GOP which has allowed him to become a self proclaimed emperor, please wake up, open you eyes, and read this:

"President Donald Trump lashed out at two liberal Supreme Court justices Tuesday, escalating his battle with the judicial system to new heights despite entreaties by his attorney general to refrain from Twitter blasts that complicate the administration’s legal fights.

"Weighing in on a domestic matter before embarking on a day of ceremony and meetings in India, Trump seized on an opinion by Justice Sonia Sotomayor and a years-old comment by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg to demand that the two Democratic-appointed jurists recuse themselves from any cases involving him."

You are a moron....

When he....

Arrests the judges.

Executes the judges.

Arrests journalists.

Executes journalists.

Confiscates homes and property of private citizens and sends them to bernie sanders gulags....

The president has no authority to tell judges what to do. It's an authoritarian fantasy Trump has, or he literally doesn't understand how our Constitution works. He needs to back off.

It's a BIG LIE, one which the Chief Justice responded to when Trump called out "Obama Judges". Now we have seen more intrusion into the Judiciary:

Trump didn't demand anything, you sissy bedwetter.

It's the title of an article, the very conservative moony times also used the same language.

President demands that two liberal Supreme Court justices recuse themselves from 'Trump related' matters
Is this where you expect me to say, "Oh, well, if THEY said it, it must be true!!"?

How do you think that's going to work out for you?

Self proclaimed, he is a megalomaniac. He rejects the Separation of Powers and actually believes he is above the law. It is people like you who feed his ego, and those Senators who have given him a pass, making trump and infusing future presidents with the belief that they too can do what they please without interference from the Courts and the Congress.

It is up to us to reign in the presidency, notwithstanding anything trump has done which some of you believe is in our countries best interests, his behavior and divisive rhetoric is both sufficient and necessary for him to be a one term president; he is beyond a doubt unfit to remain in office, having abused the power of the office & violated the trust which he seems to believe is his divine right.

Really? Someone posts negatively about the president and the only response required is to tell them not to vote for him. Why even have a debate? Anyway, it's your logic, not mine, Einstein.

I miss the good old days when Presidents didn't criticize the Supreme Court, don't you?

I have no problem with Obama or Trump criticizing decisions made by the Supreme Court, nobody has said otherwise. To demand they recuse themselves for not drinking the kool aid is another matter.

The mere hint that a justice should recuse themselves from anything involving Trump before the Supreme Court because someone said something not nice about him is uncalled for.

Right. Trump is just supposed to sit there quietly and let people talk shit about him.

Kinda sounds like you're opposed to his First Amendment rights.

Wait, lemme guess -- that's different. Somehow. It just is.

You are a moron....

When he....

Arrests the judges.

Executes the judges.

Arrests journalists.

Executes journalists.

It's the title of an article, the very conservative moony times also used the same language.

President demands that two liberal Supreme Court justices recuse themselves from 'Trump related' matters
Is this where you expect me to say, "Oh, well, if THEY said it, it must be true!!"?

I'm saying the word 'demands' is used in multiple articles and is a single word that you're going to hang your hat on rather than the fact that the president of the United States even insinuating that a justice should recuse themselves because they spoke up against him is troubling.

Really? Someone posts negatively about the president and the only response required is to tell them not to vote for him. Why even have a debate? Anyway, it's your logic, not mine, Einstein.
"Debate"? Do you think childish, emotional rants are going to sway anybody?

You don't want debate. You want validation.

News flash: No one is obligated to give it to you.

Meanwhile, maybe you shouldn't vote for Trump.

I'm saying the word 'demands' is used in multiple articles and is a single word that you're going to hang your hat on rather than the fact that the president of the United States even insinuating that a justice should recuse themselves because they spoke up against him is troubling.
Face it Skippy: You're "troubled" only because Trump said it.

Meanwhile, the reality remains that he didn't demand anything.

Right. Trump is just supposed to sit there quietly and let people talk shit about him.

Nobody said this. For someone who is so concerned about the choice of words that come out of our mouths you seem to have a strawman stuffed in yours.

I'm not allowed to disagree with something the president said and you're worried about 1st amendment rights? Interesting, probably over your head too.

Why not? Isn’t that what normal, well adjusted people in a position of power do? They have more important things to concern themselves with.

SC Justices have the same free speech rights as Trumpybear and his Banana Republicans. Why do they oppose Free Speech?
In their personal lives, yes, they have free speech, in their court opinions, however, they are supposed to side on the law. Personal political bias should not be reflected in any of their decisions, on either side.

Again, I say the whole supreme court is a farce. Justices are appointed by whatever president is in office hoping they will side with either the right or the left. This should not happen.

The left is all up in arms because trump is appointing so many right wing judges, yet, if the left were in the same spot, they'd be appointing all left wing judges. It's just the nature of the game, and its bogus.

I'd prefer if people in the judicial system were not allowed to disclose their political affiliation, especially those who may be appointed to the SC.

SC Justices have the same free speech rights as Trumpybear and his Banana Republicans. Why do they oppose Free Speech?
In their personal lives, yes, they have free speech, in their court opinions, however, they are supposed to side on the law. Personal political bias should not be reflected in any of their decisions, on either side.

Again, I say the whole supreme court is a farce. Justices are appointed by whatever president is in office hoping they will side with either the right or the left. This should not happen.

Can you give an example of what is not allowed by showing a biased court opinion?

What is he doing to suppress their free speech?

He has no mechanism to make them recuse.

By demanded they recuse. Had they lavished praise on the Trumpybear, I don't think he would have made any such demand.

You're right. He has no authority over the Court. He can announce what he thinks of them, and they can announce what they think of him.
And that would have been equally wrong. Any judge that shows bias one way or another to the subject of the case before them should recuse themselves.

By demanded they recuse. Had they lavished praise on the Trumpybear, I don't think he would have made any such demand.

You're right. He has no authority over the Court. He can announce what he thinks of them, and they can announce what they think of him.
And that would have been equally wrong. Any judge that shows bias one way or another to the subject of the case before them should recuse themselves.

An example of this bias would really be kind of a good thing to post about now.

Can you give an example of what is not allowed by showing a biased court opinion?
I'm simply saying, if you sit in judgment of someone, and you have shown bias toward or against them, then you need to step back.

Otherwise, how can you be sure an honest opinion is given?

You are a moron....

When he....

Arrests the judges.

Executes the judges.

Arrests journalists.

Executes journalists.

To demand they recuse themselves for not drinking the kool aid is another matter.

Yeah, that makes all the difference. DURR.

An example of this bias would really be kind of a good thing to post about now.
Take what Ginsberg said. "Trump is a faker" and "I cannot see how he could be president".

Those statements show she obviously does not like trump, and apparently does not agree with him as president.

It would be the exact same if kavanaugh came out and said I'm 100% on the side of trump. Any cases involving trump that comes before him, he should recuse himself because it would be hard to know if he was giving a law driven opinion, or a personally biased opinion.

Moron.......AG eric holder stated, in public, that he was obama's wingman.........that he wouldn't prosecute black offenders......obama spied on reporters, he spied on Trump.....he gave 150 billion dollars in cash to the biggest sponsor of terror and murder around the world....

You have the wrong guy........

obama fined businesses and then directed that money to his supporters...you dope...

He didn't spy on Trump and being Obama's 'wingman' or partner is in of itself not a crime. There are many priorities that will align the AG and president. Overturning proprietorial sentencing guidelines to protect the presidents own ass and that of his buddies is not one of those priorities.

I appreciate you not able to reply to any other part of my post. I guess you really do need to copy/paste from dubious sources like you do in gun debates to make a case.

Yes.....eric holder states he is obama's wingman....you ignore it as being just words.....

You are an idiot.....obama spied on Trump, and on the journalists who wrote bad stories about him.......

I understand the context.of Holder's comment and it didn't include putting your own people in position to defend crooks like Stone, Flynn and others.
Just crooks like Obama. You're an idiot.

Your post doesn't even make sense.
Because you're an idiot.

I agree with Trump. Justices need to remain unbiased. Trump haters need to recuse.

Then any justice appointed by Trump should recuse themselves. And any justice who has ever agreed or disagreed with Trump should also recuse themselves. This is not how the justice system works.

How so? The pinnacle of professionalism in any judge much less the SCOTUS is that they be UNPREJUDICED in any case they preside over. You may have your personal beliefs but come time to go to work, you put that aside and rule based on the facts and the law.

Really? So any liberal cause brought before the supreme court the conservative justices should recuse themselves? I'm sorry, buddy that's just not how it works. Judges can, do and the expectation is set that they put aside their personal feelings when presiding over a case.

Name me one other Justice who has EVER spoken out against a president defaming them while also serving in the Supreme Court! There ARE mechanisms for removing any judge who exhibits a gross inability to perform their job.

When Alito mouthed the words 'not true' during Obama's state of the union. Do you remember when Obama demanded Alito recuse himself of any business involving Obama?
Because obuthole knew Alito knew he was a crook.

^Somebody tell the troll to go home.
Go home, Joy.

Trolls be multiplying.

Trolls must be good at math... unlike Bernie.

source.gif

Forum List

Back