Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

I gave you the article that explains the reason republicans changed their votes. I can't do any more. You're a habitual liar.
And I posted the actual bill and the differences between the House and Senate versions. I also explained how discretionary and non-discretionary spending works. Showed that the bill was always funded with "mandatory spending", that there is nothing in the bill that doesn't have to do with the Veteran's administration. In short, I called bullshit on their so-called "reason" for voting against the bill and then demonstrated as to why.

Ok, you can fuck off too.
latest

And I posted the actual bill and the differences between the House and Senate versions. I also explained how discretionary and non-discretionary spending works. Showed that the bill was always funded with "mandatory spending", that there is nothing in the bill that doesn't have to do with the Veteran's administration. In short, I called bullshit on their so-called "reason" for voting against the bill and then demonstrated as to why.
I knew there was something stinkin in Denmark with your bs....

From Newsweek....

"The PACT Act as written includes a budget gimmick that would allow $400 billion of current law spending to be moved from the discretionary to the mandatory spending category," the release read.

It went on: "This provision is completely unnecessary to achieve the PACT Act's stated goal of expanding health care and other benefits for veterans. However, it would enable an additional $400 billion in future discretionary spending completely unrelated to veterans. By failing to remove this gimmick, Congress would effectively be using an important veterans care bill to hide a massive, unrelated spending binge."

And republicans called bullshit on Democrats. Your game isn't gonna work.

And you are correct. BS Filter is a straight moron, you aren't goingto get through to him.

The half trillion dollar bill started out as a bluff by democrats but when they thought it might actually pass they let senate republicans go back and vote again. It was really a win win for the Brandon administration because they didn't have to spend the money on a poorly written boondoggle and they could blame republicans when it didn't pass.

The half trillion dollar bill started out as a bluff by democrats but when they thought it might actually pass they let senate republicans go back and vote again. It was really a win win for the Brandon administration because they didn't have to spend the money on a poorly written boondoggle and they could blame republicans when it didn't pass.
That's all ridiculous nonsense that you just made up, just now. Like, not even close to reality. So weird.

I haven't linked it, but Toomey raised the exact same issue of discretionary/mandatory funding, but the bill passed over his objection... with a bipartisan vote.

I think Schumer (out of the kindness of his heart to allow the gop to rethink and not have this as an issue next Nov (-:) is going to allow the gop to attempt to offer amendments to what they already voted for, and perhaps will choose to again vote for.
Why...McConnell still needs to be slammed for his refusing to grant Garland a mhearing for the USSC?
I put McConnell right up there with trump when the traitor list comes out.

Why...McConnell still needs to be slammed for his refusing to grant Garland a mhearing for the USSC?
I put McConnell right up there with trump when the traitor list comes out.
McConnell should get a medal for not letting that hack anywhere near the SCOTUS.....

Guess you don't mind your lackey mob screwing over vets, right?
You, and libs don't give two shits about Vets unless you can get some political hack play out of it....What a loser...

You, and libs don't give two shits about Vets unless you can get some political hack play out of it....What a loser...
It wasen't the Dems who crashed the bill, you moron. It was fist bump motherfuckers like Cruz & Twomey.

Last edited:
It wasen't the Dems who crashed the bill, you moron. It was fist bump motherfuckers like Cruz & Twomey.
The Senate is 50/50, and there was a Dem voted against it...Seem's that the Dem WAS who crashed it...

Vets know who screwed them over....repubs.
Nope, it was Dems as usual...

"So looking at the big picture, it is apparent the democrats snuck in a provision that would allow $400 Billion in additional spending unrelated to veterans benefits into the veterans bill, knowing they could get a public outcry if the bill was blocked because they had so many veterans groups lined up to support the bill, thereby politicizing veterans’ health issues for a quick victory in unrelated spending. Worse, this extra $1 Trillion in spending will likely make inflation worse which will harm the very veterans they purport to be helping."

Forum List

Back