Another $1,500 on my car

Yeah....if you don't have access and know how to use some tools.

Most auto parts stores will either let you borrow or rent a spring compressor.
Although they can be dangerous if you dont know what you're doing....on second thought maybe he should pay someone.

That is $5,500 this year

They said my front breaks are completely gone and My shocks are toast . Plus my serpentine belt will snap at any moment

Geez 🙄
That's why I learned to do the minor repairs myself years ago.

Parts ain't cheap but they pale in comparison to the labor charges.

Most auto parts stores will either let you borrow or rent a spring compressor.
Although they can be dangerous if you dont know what you're doing....on second thought maybe he should pay someone.

That's what I was inferring.
I've done that and all sorts of other things....tooling and knowing how to use them is what counts.

That's what I was inferring.
I've done that and all sorts of other things....tooling and knowing how to use them is what counts.
And enough old, shitty cars to practice on, until you get it right.

Home vehicle repair is nearing the end of its existence, as drive by wire and compact engineering has taken over.

Yep. My wife and I both get a new car every three years.
I bought a Kia as my daily driver one year ago. 5 year warranty. 4 years, 364 days from then...seeya

I pay less for my new cars than I did for my used cars.

And once you get in this habit, you carry equity forward every time, getting more car for less out of pocket.

Being poor is expensive, as they say. And this is one good example.

F me for gods sakes

Seems the more I try - the worst it gets

And enough old, shitty cars to practice on, until you get it right.

Home vehicle repair is nearing the end of its existence, as drive by wire and compact engineering has taken over.
I just read that Indiana has the highest rate of black on black murder

Not if you keep up with the technology.
You aren't keeping up with the tech in your home garage. Not happening. Cost and training are prohibitive. It would not be cost or time efficient, unless you are a licensed mechanic with a storefront who is using the equipment all day every day. Otherwise, you are voiding your own warranty and those of everyone else. And probably doing a second rate job at that.

You aren't keeping up with the tech in your home garage. Not happening. Cost and training are prohibitive. It would not be cost or time efficient, unless you are a licensed mechanic with a storefront who is using the equipment all day every day. Otherwise, you are voiding your own warranty and those of everyone else. And probably doing a second rate job at that.

It's totally possible for a gearhead who enjoys working on cars.
Yeah it'll cost you but it's doable.

I went from a semi tough guy to a broken down man in only a few months
😥😥😥

It's totally possible for a gearhead who enjoys working on cars.
Yeah it'll cost you but it's doable.
It's not impossible. If you have money and time to burn. Not sure of the appeal of such an endeavor, though. And since the point was to avoid repair costs, it makes virtually no sense.

I got nothing to give except for my $$

It's not impossible. If you have money and time to burn. Not sure of the appeal of such an endeavor, though. And since the point was to avoid repair costs, it makes virtually no sense.

If you enjoy working on your car or cars it's really not any worse than buying that 100k bass boat.

Forum List

Back