Another $1,500 on my car

Right, but that would fall into the "money to burn" category. That would mean you find value in doing the hobby. I get that.

I have spent probably $10,000 on remote control vehicles. I will never get a single dime out of it. I just enjoy it.
Always wanted one of those. When I moved my mom from Kansas to California back in 2018, I flew there first to get her home listed and get a moving company estimate.
When they looked in her garage, she still had an old Lionel electric train set in its original box that her and my dad bought me for Christmas in 1961.
I never remembered what happened to it, but I just remembered that I wanted a remote controlled car or boat instead of the train that year.

Always wanted one of those. When I moved my mom from Kansas to California back in 2018, I flew there first to get her home listed and get a moving company estimate.
When they looked in her garage, she still had an old Lionel electric train set in its original box that her and my dad bought me for Christmas in 1961.
I never remembered what happened to it, but I just remembered that I wanted a remote controlled car or boat instead of the train that year.
It's a great time to get an RC boat. For about $400, you can get one ready to run at 50 mph. Low maintenance, battery powered, super fun. Lots of them out now are "self righting" (if you flip it, one side starts filling with water and flips it back over).

It's a great time to get an RC boat. For about $400, you can get one ready to run at 50 mph. Low maintenance, battery powered, super fun. Lots of them out now are "self righting" (if you flip it, one side starts filling with water and flips it back over).
Thanks. I definately will look into that. After I found out what my Lionel train set was worth now, I could probably sell it on Ebay and get more than a few remote control boats.

Can you recommend any certain ones to save me some research time?

Thanks. I definately will look into that. After I found out what my Lionel train set was worth now, I could probably sell it on Ebay and get more than a few remote control boats.

Can you recommend any certain ones to save me some research time?
If you are looking to get right out on the water with little maintenance:

Get a Catamaran-style boat, as they are more stable and resistant to flipping over.

Unless you get a self righting boat, which is great for (adult) beginners. Like this one:

PRB08032T1_A0_Q2S9TK88.jpg

Or, if you aren't as concerned about flipping and just want to tear ass over the water with a more stable boat, this one(I have this one):

146_source_1640295244.jpg

It ain’t my fault !!
My dad was a wuss and taught me zero

I got into fighting because I had no idea how to defend myself and I am always alone

You cant blame your parents.
Thats a cop out. My Dad was always on the road when he was the trainer for the Houston Rockets.
He never took me fishing,hunting or taught me anything about cars so I did it on my own.

If you are looking to get right out on the water with little maintenance:

Get a Catamaran-style boat, as they are more stable and resistant to flipping over.

Unless you get a self righting boat, which is great for (adult) beginners. Like this one:

PRB08032T1_A0_Q2S9TK88.jpg

Or, if you aren't as concerned about flipping and just want to tear ass over the water with a more stable boat, this one(I have this one):

146_source_1640295244.jpg

Thanks for the info, and giving me a starting point. Going to check these out online and learn more.

katsteve2012

The Traxxas brand is more for people who want to get right out and bash the shit out of their vehicles. All models ready to run.

I like the batteries and set it and forget it chargers Traxxas offers. I only have Traxxas batteries and can use adapters to use them in any vehicle.

And their cars are a blast. If you only get one, get this one:

Just skip the "non vxl" vehicles and go right to the vxl (lipo batteries). Or you will find yourself wanting more speed and upgrading anyway.

The rustler can basically be anything you want. You can tune it off road or for street runs.

katsteve2012

The Traxxas brand is more for people who want to get right out and bash the shit out of their vehicles. All models ready to run.

I like the batteries and set it and forget it chargers Traxxas offers. I only have Traxxas batteries and can use adapters to use them in any vehicle.

And their cars are a blast. If you only get one, get this one:

Just skip the "non vxl" vehicles and go right to the vxl (lipo batteries). Or you will find yourself wanting more speed and upgrading anyway.

The rustler can basically be anything you want. You can tune it off road or for street runs.

I'll probably start with the boat, while I learn more about the cars.

The development that my house is in, is built around a man made lake, and there is this group of old guys that race RC boats on it every weekend, now I'm looking forward to getting out there and joining them. This will be fun!

I'll probably start with the boat, while I learn more about the cars.

The development that my house is in, is built around a man made lake, and there is this group of old guys that race RC boats on it every weekend, now I'm looking forward to getting out there and joining them. This will be fun!
Awesome,I hope you have a blast!

Forum List

Back