Another Black Robed, Narcissistic Idiot

Texas Judge Orders Jail Sentence for Hair Salon Owner Who Kept Business Open Despite Stay-at-Home Order

A Texas judge has sentenced a North Texas salon owner to seven days in jail for keeping her business open despite Governor Greg Abbott's executive statewide order to shutter all non-essential businesses during the coronavirus epidemic.

The judge offered to commute her sentence if she apologized for "being selfish." However, she didn't apologize and plans on appealing the judge's decision.

Salon À la Mode owner Shelley Luther was found in criminal and civil contempt of court by Dallas Judge Eric Moye for continuing to operate her salon despite receiving a court-issued temporary restraining order on April 28 requiring her to discontinue all business operations.

Judge Moye informed the salon owner that he'd consider commuting her jail sentence if she'd call her opening "selfish" and apologize to the legal officials she had defied.

"I have to disagree with you sir, when you say that I'm selfish because feeding my kids—is not selfish," Luther told the judge. "I need to feed my family and my stylists could not feed their families."

"I have hair stylists that are going hungry because they'd rather feed their kids. So sir, if you think the law is more important than kids getting fed, then please go ahead with your decision, but I am not going to shut the salon," she continued.

My opinion is the title- I've expressed it in other threads and will contiue to express it when I read about these scum.
So a guy who makes all of his money off the working, productive people of the state of Texas, and produces nothing himself, calls a small business owner "selfish" and throws her in a cage unless she publicly kisses his ass, do I have that right?
Its not a right. Its the authority. To answer your question...no. You dont have the authority.
Actually, yeah I do..... I'm a man and a Texan, and I have every right and all the standing necessary to address this abuse of power. Public officials in this state answer to us.

And this guy's name is going on a list.
Actually no you dont. You can make all the lists you want to and that wont change a thing. You will never have the authority of a judge.
A judge only has authority over people not willing to fight.
Nope. If you fight they will just make the bailiff arrest your dumb ass.
Why do so many folks say stupid shit like this?
Serious question...... do you people not understand that force can go both ways?

Do you not realize that government officials and LE are outnumbered by about 100 to 1 and the only thing keeping them all alive is the self-restraint and willingness to abide by the law (up to a point) of the heavily armed public?

Do people really not get this?
What do you mean by "you people"?

Of course force can go both ways. You dont have much force and the police force...well its in their name as you see. Waconians thought like you. See what happened to them?
I spent several years going up against Afghan goat herders with AKs and sometimes against Iraqi street fighters and they didn't have a 10th the ordnance, training, or combat experience regular folks around here do. They did fairly well, given their circumstances, and every one of us that was there remembers the lessons we learned from them.
Only the very dumbest and most clueless is confident in the power of the government. They fuck up everything even when they aren't under pressure, how well do you think they will do when they have an outright insurgency on their hands?

Go ask the governor of Sinaloa how that shit worked out for them.:rolleyes:

Texas Judge Orders Jail Sentence for Hair Salon Owner Who Kept Business Open Despite Stay-at-Home Order

A Texas judge has sentenced a North Texas salon owner to seven days in jail for keeping her business open despite Governor Greg Abbott's executive statewide order to shutter all non-essential businesses during the coronavirus epidemic.

The judge offered to commute her sentence if she apologized for "being selfish." However, she didn't apologize and plans on appealing the judge's decision.

Salon À la Mode owner Shelley Luther was found in criminal and civil contempt of court by Dallas Judge Eric Moye for continuing to operate her salon despite receiving a court-issued temporary restraining order on April 28 requiring her to discontinue all business operations.

Judge Moye informed the salon owner that he'd consider commuting her jail sentence if she'd call her opening "selfish" and apologize to the legal officials she had defied.

"I have to disagree with you sir, when you say that I'm selfish because feeding my kids—is not selfish," Luther told the judge. "I need to feed my family and my stylists could not feed their families."

"I have hair stylists that are going hungry because they'd rather feed their kids. So sir, if you think the law is more important than kids getting fed, then please go ahead with your decision, but I am not going to shut the salon," she continued.

My opinion is the title- I've expressed it in other threads and will contiue to express it when I read about these scum.
But Judge, dont send me to jail for dealing drugs, I just needed to feed my children.

But Judge, don't send me to jail for prostitution, I was just trying to feed my kids,

But judge, I only robbed the bank to get money to feed my kids.

So its OK to brerak the laws. How many people's lives did she put at risk?
Cutting hair is not illegal. She wasn't jailed for cutting hair.
She was jailed for violating a court order. Thats illegal.
Sounds more like the judge jailed her because he got offended when she disagreed with his characterization of her as "selfish", and he demanded she apologize publicly for something she does not, and should not feel any remorse for. Is it a legitimate use of judicial power to compel speech from citizens? Especially when it would be a falsehood?
Thats only because you cant read. From the OPs link.

"Judge Moye informed the salon owner that he'd consider commuting her jail sentence if she'd call her opening "selfish" and apologize to the legal officials she had defied. "
Yes, like I said..... that sure sounds like an attempt to compel speech from her.
No. That was an attempt to give her an option. She decided she wanted to go to jail instead. Dont get me wrong. It was a brilliant move on her part. Now she has all these fools not only paying her fine, but she is going to make a tidy profit in addition to some great free marketing.
That judge wanted to humiliate her, that's all that was.

Fuck that punk.

But Judge, dont send me to jail for dealing drugs, I just needed to feed my children.

But Judge, don't send me to jail for prostitution, I was just trying to feed my kids,

Sounds more like the judge jailed her because he got offended when she disagreed with his characterization of her as "selfish", and he demanded she apologize publicly for something she does not, and should not feel any remorse for. Is it a legitimate use of judicial power to compel speech from citizens? Especially when it would be a falsehood?

"Judge Moye informed the salon owner that he'd consider commuting her jail sentence if she'd call her opening "selfish" and apologize to the legal officials she had defied. "
Yes, like I said..... that sure sounds like an attempt to compel speech from her.
No. That was an attempt to give her an option. She decided she wanted to go to jail instead. Dont get me wrong. It was a brilliant move on her part. Now she has all these fools not only paying her fine, but she is going to make a tidy profit in addition to some great free marketing.

Fuck that punk.
I'd bet ole judgie is gonna be sorry, I mean sorrier than he is.

Fuck that punk.
Humiliate her by giving her a way to avoid jail time? Thats a strange take on it.

Fuck that punk.
When shit goes back to whatever the new "normal" is, I hope all these businesses refuse to do anything with these clowns; I hope restaurants refuse to serve them, and nobody will give them a haircut, I hope their bank accounts get closed, and their insurance canceled, I hope auto repair places refuse to service their fleet vehicles or even to sell them gas, and every other little thing I can't think of right now.
Every mayor, every judge, every governor, and every cop that enforces their bullshit should be refused every service possible. They shouldn't be able to get so much as a cup of coffee.

Fuck these statist pricks.

Fuck that punk.
When shit goes back to whatever the new "normal" is, I hope all these businesses refuse to do anything with these clowns; I hope restaurants refuse to serve them, and nobody will give them a haircut, I hope their bank accounts get closed, and their insurance canceled, I hope auto repair places refuse to service their fleet vehicles or even to sell them gas, and every other little thing I can't think of right now.
Every mayor, every judge, every governor, and every cop that enforces their bullshit should be refused every service possible. They shouldn't be able to get so much as a cup of coffee.

And neither should their families.....

Fuck that punk.

And neither should their families.....
Could you please break this string? Next time just type a reply without hitting the reply button? The string is out of control.

Yep. And very happy to see her rewarded for taking a Constitutional stand.
I'm very tickled that there are so many idiots out there willing to pay her fine and contribute to her IRA all because she broke a court order.

20953462bf3615a36bf3270af36b2248.jpg

Forum List

Back