Another Christian baker targeted for abuse

The couple does not have any legal recourse as Texas' public accommodation laws does not cover sexuality.
They can slander the shit out of the bakery and get their buddies to do the same. If the bakery is filthy rich they can take them to court and hope they see some money after losing a bunch.

Expressing an opinion about their business practices isn't slander. Anyone making violent threats should be dealt with according to the law, though.
It's unlikely it's the couple who ordered the cake who is making violent threats.

The OP paints ALL gays the same.

I am sure they are not either but I bet some random fools on the internet did. Either way, I really don't care b/c the couple has no legal recourse since Texas doesn't have a public accommodation law that covers gays.

They probably should have a law that covers actual public accommodations, but leave in a morals clause as an out for businesses like this.
A morals clause? Only if they hold the same morality for straights as gays.

They can slander the shit out of the bakery and get their buddies to do the same. If the bakery is filthy rich they can take them to court and hope they see some money after losing a bunch.

Expressing an opinion about their business practices isn't slander. Anyone making violent threats should be dealt with according to the law, though.
It's unlikely it's the couple who ordered the cake who is making violent threats.

I am sure they are not either but I bet some random fools on the internet did. Either way, I really don't care b/c the couple has no legal recourse since Texas doesn't have a public accommodation law that covers gays.

They probably should have a law that covers actual public accommodations, but leave in a morals clause as an out for businesses like this.

Why? Who is government to tell people how to exercise their Religious rights, unless there is an actual compelling harm resulting from said exercise?

Why? Who is government to tell people how to exercise their Religious rights, unless there is an actual compelling harm resulting from said exercise?
Once upon a time Christians used the same argument for discriminating against mixed race couples as they are refusing to serve gays.

"Another Christian baker targeted for abuse"

Another rightist thread that's nothing but a lie.
Right. No abuse happening at all. The couple who the bakers refused to serve talked about it on social media.

If you got bombarded with hate emails and threats over something you said or did, you wouldn't consider it abuse?
When you complain about being bombarded by hate messages on the forum and you call that abuse don't people here say you're a wuss or a victim if you complain? If you take a bold stand on something you have to expect to take flack for it.

Point is, the Christian bakery has decided they have the right to discriminate against gays and when they get flack for it, they act like they are victims.

Right. No abuse happening at all. The couple who the bakers refused to serve talked about it on social media.

Missed the part about the gaystapo and Yelp, eh?
Social media is a place where people take stands and discuss controversy.

Yelp is a review site, did you even read some of the comments? I doubt it, go start a thread how you've been "wronged" or some other attention seeking endeavor

So what? They posted on YELP. Good for them. The bakery has the same right to post on yelp.

Apparently that is considered abuse.....lots of abuse going on, even here on USMB. Or just a lot of whining.

Black people who fought against the democrat party for equal rights during the 60's should be outraged that their struggle is being compared to sodomites who want a freaking wedding cake shaped like a (pick a body part). The left thrives on anger and unrest. Sodomites would probably go to some frozen bakery in Nome Alaska if that's what it took to get the dose of discrimination they crave.

Missed the part about the gaystapo and Yelp, eh?
Social media is a place where people take stands and discuss controversy.

Yelp is a review site, did you even read some of the comments? I doubt it, go start a thread how you've been "wronged" or some other attention seeking endeavor
Think of some of the stuff YOU post here and tell me it's any better than the stuff the bakery gets.

sass--

You constantly complain about hate speech law and yet when it happens to YOUR pals, all of a sudden you care

Marriage Equality Activism Meets Fundamentalist Christian Activism in Business.

Activism is not issue-specific.
It’s a moral posture that, steady state,
propels you forward, from one hard
hour to the next.
Believing that you can do something
to make things better, you do
something, rather than nothing.
You assume responsibility for the
privilege of your abilities.
You do whatever you can.
You reach beyond yourself in your
imagination, and in your wish for
understanding, and for change.
You admit the limitations of individual
perspectives.
You trust somebody else.
You do not turn away.

June Jordan

The couple does not have any legal recourse as Texas' public accommodation laws does not cover sexuality.

Sometimes Bisexuals look down on gays....weird, I know.

sass--

You constantly complain about hate speech law and yet when it happens to YOUR pals, all of a sudden you care

What the fuck are you babbling about now? I've never commented on "hate speech law" whatever the hell that is. Stop lying

Forum List

Back