Another Christian baker targeted for abuse

sass--

You constantly complain about hate speech law and yet when it happens to YOUR pals, all of a sudden you care

What the fuck are you babbling about now? I've never commented on "hate speech law" whatever the hell that is. Stop lying
Activist to activist. What are you complaining about? Gays shouldn't be activist but Christian bakers should?

The couple does not have any legal recourse as Texas' public accommodation laws does not cover sexuality.
They can slander the shit out of the bakery and get their buddies to do the same. If the bakery is filthy rich they can take them to court and hope they see some money after losing a bunch.

Expressing an opinion about their business practices isn't slander. Anyone making violent threats should be dealt with according to the law, though.
It's unlikely it's the couple who ordered the cake who is making violent threats.

The OP paints ALL gays the same.
Sometimes Bisexuals look down on gays....weird, I know.
It is weird.

sass--

You constantly complain about hate speech law and yet when it happens to YOUR pals, all of a sudden you care

What the fuck are you babbling about now? I've never commented on "hate speech law" whatever the hell that is. Stop lying
Activist to activist. What are you complaining about? Gays shouldn't be activist but Christian bakers should?

You're trying to build a straw man and I recognize it. Fail

The secular LGBT hate machine goes into full throttle. Of course this isn't the liberal Utopia of Oregon, it's Texas and there are no sexual discrimination bans.

Christian Bakeshop in Texas Targeted for Abuse After Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Cake

A bakery owned by a Christian family in Longview, Texas is being deluged with threats and hate mail after the owners declined to bake a wedding cake for a gay marriage.

Soon after the story was published, irate LGBT activists posted vulgar and derogatory reviews on Yelp and other social networking platforms, targeting Edie and David Delorme, who own the Kern’s Bake Shop. Others made actual threats against the business and their family.

“See you in Hell, lady,” read one angry message. “Racist criminals. “This business is run by a homophobic piece of s***,” another message read.

The Delormes are members of a local Baptist church and since its founding have endeavored to run their bakery according to their Christian beliefs, including a long-standing policy to turn away any business that mighty conflict with their religious beliefs.

The bakery won’t make any tobacco- or alcohol-related cakes, for example, and no “risqué” cakes of any kind.

“We feel like if we are going to be putting our name on something, we want it to encourage Godly values,” Edie said. This does not mean that they will not serve gay customers, but merely that they will not make a cake celebrating a ceremony they believe is sinful.

As of yet, the couple has not filed a formal charge against the Christian couple, but the Delmores have secured legal counsel in case that moment arrives. One of the men, Valencia, said that he had not pursued legal options because Texas does not have a statewide discrimination ban based on sexual orientation.options because Texas does not have a statewide discrimination ban based on sexual orientation.

Christian Bakeshop in Texas Targeted for Abuse After Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Cake - Breitbart

breitbart? :rofl:

get over it already. the law doesn't let you discriminate against people. there is nothing in any "religion" that requires you to be a hate-filled loon. and if you can't work within the law, you should find something else to do with your life. it's the same thing I'd say to a muslim or orthodox jew working in a pork store... you can't not sell pork... go find another job.

amazing how winger bigots think this is ok. :cuckoo:

:rolleyes:

sass--

Good luck with that, LOL. You are cluelss.

WTF you're bi and yet you object to same sex marriage?

The secular LGBT hate machine goes into full throttle. Of course this isn't the liberal Utopia of Oregon, it's Texas and there are no sexual discrimination bans.

Christian Bakeshop in Texas Targeted for Abuse After Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Cake

A bakery owned by a Christian family in Longview, Texas is being deluged with threats and hate mail after the owners declined to bake a wedding cake for a gay marriage.

Soon after the story was published, irate LGBT activists posted vulgar and derogatory reviews on Yelp and other social networking platforms, targeting Edie and David Delorme, who own the Kern’s Bake Shop. Others made actual threats against the business and their family.

“See you in Hell, lady,” read one angry message. “Racist criminals. “This business is run by a homophobic piece of s***,” another message read.

The Delormes are members of a local Baptist church and since its founding have endeavored to run their bakery according to their Christian beliefs, including a long-standing policy to turn away any business that mighty conflict with their religious beliefs.

The bakery won’t make any tobacco- or alcohol-related cakes, for example, and no “risqué” cakes of any kind.

“We feel like if we are going to be putting our name on something, we want it to encourage Godly values,” Edie said. This does not mean that they will not serve gay customers, but merely that they will not make a cake celebrating a ceremony they believe is sinful.

As of yet, the couple has not filed a formal charge against the Christian couple, but the Delmores have secured legal counsel in case that moment arrives. One of the men, Valencia, said that he had not pursued legal options because Texas does not have a statewide discrimination ban based on sexual orientation.options because Texas does not have a statewide discrimination ban based on sexual orientation.

Christian Bakeshop in Texas Targeted for Abuse After Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Cake - Breitbart

breitbart? :rofl:

get over it already. the law doesn't let you discriminate against people. there is nothing in any "religion" that requires you to be a hate-filled loon. and if you can't work within the law, you should find something else to do with your life. it's the same thing I'd say to a muslim or orthodox jew working in a pork store... you can't not sell pork... go find another job.

amazing how winger bigots think this is ok. :cuckoo:

:rolleyes:

Don't you have a fake court case or something? :rolleyes: LMAO Ya dope

The couple does not have any legal recourse as Texas' public accommodation laws does not cover sexuality.
They can slander the shit out of the bakery and get their buddies to do the same. If the bakery is filthy rich they can take them to court and hope they see some money after losing a bunch.

Expressing an opinion about their business practices isn't slander. Anyone making violent threats should be dealt with according to the law, though.
It's unlikely it's the couple who ordered the cake who is making violent threats.

I am sure they are not either but I bet some random fools on the internet did. Either way, I really don't care b/c the couple has no legal recourse since Texas doesn't have a public accommodation law that covers gays.

They probably should have a law that covers actual public accommodations, but leave in a morals clause as an out for businesses like this.
moral clauses could be used to justify any bigotry

I am sure they are not either but I bet some random fools on the internet did. Either way, I really don't care b/c the couple has no legal recourse since Texas doesn't have a public accommodation law that covers gays.

They probably should have a law that covers actual public accommodations, but leave in a morals clause as an out for businesses like this.
A morals clause? Only if they hold the same morality for straights as gays.

Why? Who is government to tell people how to exercise their Religious rights, unless there is an actual compelling harm resulting from said exercise?
Once upon a time Christians used the same argument for discriminating against mixed race couples as they are refusing to serve gays.

That was based on far shakier theological grounds. Plus, that was a symptom of systemic economic discrimination, which is clearly not happening to the gay community.

"Another Christian baker targeted for abuse"

Another rightist thread that's nothing but a lie.
Right. No abuse happening at all. The couple who the bakers refused to serve talked about it on social media.

If you got bombarded with hate emails and threats over something you said or did, you wouldn't consider it abuse?
When you complain about being bombarded by hate messages on the forum and you call that abuse don't people here say you're a wuss or a victim if you complain? If you take a bold stand on something you have to expect to take flack for it.

I am on this board voluntarily and take whatever flack you idiots want to throw at me. What I don't have is people being able to threaten my person, my property, or my family.

These people are known, where they work is known, and probably where they live is known. So you think that using threats is an acceptable form of public discourse when you disagree with the other party?

moral clauses could be used to justify any bigotry

So what? If there is no actual harm done to the "offended" party, who cares?

Right. No abuse happening at all. The couple who the bakers refused to serve talked about it on social media.

If you got bombarded with hate emails and threats over something you said or did, you wouldn't consider it abuse?
threats are over the top, but actions do have consequences

So you won't be holding onto the torches and pitchforks, but will be silently cheering those people on.

Interesting.

sass--

I;m not bi ya stupid loon, I consider homosexuality a mortal sin and a mental illness. That should clear your muddled brain up a tad.

So you won't be holding onto the torches and pitchforks, but will be silently cheering those people on.

Interesting.
threats are over the top.

taking to social media to negatively impact a business because of something the business did is not.

Interesting.
threats are over the top.

taking to social media to negatively impact a business because of something the business did is not.

Even if you never have, and never intend to set foot in said business?

The whole idea of Yelp is to provide feedback, not flood someone's livelihood with political agenda bullshit.

sass--

I;m not bi ya stupid loon, I consider homosexuality a mortal sin and a mental illness. That should clear your muddled brain up a tad.
Suuuuure you're not. People just go on Bi dating sites...........for research? :eusa_whistle:

Suuuuure you're not. People just go on Bi dating sites...........for research? :eusa_whistle:

No I don't. Perhaps you can prove your lie? Chop, chop hairy back, let's see it. LOL Now sit your fat butch ass down and stop your lying.

Forum List

Back