Another Christian baker targeted for abuse

The couple does not have any legal recourse as Texas' public accommodation laws does not cover sexuality.
They can slander the shit out of the bakery and get their buddies to do the same. If the bakery is filthy rich they can take them to court and hope they see some money after losing a bunch.

Expressing an opinion about their business practices isn't slander. Anyone making violent threats should be dealt with according to the law, though.
Calling someone homophobic isn't an opinion, that's a statement. Apart from the threats, a review is a review. Posting review comments that are in reality you expressing your opinion about a business you had had no dealing with is unethical and phoney. Social media makes it easy these days for scumbags to slander people. and Yelp won't help you if you don't grease their palms.

It is both a statement and an opinion. If they feel that have been slandered than they can sue if they wish. I don't believe their case would be successful, though.
I already addressed that. But claiming someone has a phobia is a statement designed to tarnish someone's reputation. It would come down to the judge or lawyers in a higher court and collecting is a different matter entirely. It's a scumfuck thing to do no matter how you spin it.

The couple does not have any legal recourse as Texas' public accommodation laws does not cover sexuality.
They can slander the shit out of the bakery and get their buddies to do the same. If the bakery is filthy rich they can take them to court and hope they see some money after losing a bunch.

Expressing an opinion about their business practices isn't slander. Anyone making violent threats should be dealt with according to the law, though.

Except we all know that it always goes past the point of expressing opinions, and right into the realm of falsehoods, threats of harm, and all the fun stuff that happens when progressives don't get their way.

Some people will take it too far and if they do the business has every right to seek redress.
Yeah, just as soon as they shit a gold mine.

Except we all know that it always goes past the point of expressing opinions, and right into the realm of falsehoods, threats of harm, and all the fun stuff that happens when progressives don't get their way.

Some people will take it too far and if they do the business has every right to seek redress.

Good luck with that. Their reviews will be flooded with detritus from people who have never set foot in Texas, never mind the actual bakery. Do you really think Yelp will lift a finger to remove reviews that are obviously not done by a person who has actually visited said bakery?

I don't know what Yelp is going to do. If anything.

Good Lord, just bake the cake! The bakers aren't being forced to participate in the ceremony. I don't see how this threatens someone's Christian values.
You don't see, you got that much right.

I am a Christian and I see just fine. God will not punish these bakers for baking a cake for a same sex wedding.

Good Lord, just bake the cake! The bakers aren't being forced to participate in the ceremony. I don't see how this threatens someone's Christian values.

I am a Christian and I see just fine. God will not punish these bakers for baking a cake for a same sex wedding.

If you're a Christian you should know better than to speak for God. The bakers are free to do as they please, let the homosexuals find another baker and move on

"As of yet, the couple has not filed a formal charge against the Christian couple...."

As always, that's the key. The couple can choose to just let the bakers be who they are and find another baker, or they can choose to have them punished.

You are still wrong. The way to win hearts and minds is not to allow businesses which are open to the public to exercise bigotry.

You will always be wrong on that point. You can choose to learn or not.
It is filth like faggots and you that are wrong. Retard.

Good luck with that. Their reviews will be flooded with detritus from people who have never set foot in Texas, never mind the actual bakery. Do you really think Yelp will lift a finger to remove reviews that are obviously not done by a person who has actually visited said bakery?

It's not a question of "IF" they are going to do anything, it's a question of Should or should they not do anything about it.

Nothing unless you "advertise" with them. They've been known to remove your good reviews if you decline.

That isn't really the point, your speaking from authority not with standing. They don't want to bake the fucking cake, that's the point.

You know when people say "If Muslims don't like the way we live, then they can go to a country that practices Sharia Law"?

Well, you know what? If the Christians don't like the way we live, they can go find a country that practices their nonsense. There are countries. I'm sure in Zambia, where I was on a combi listening to "no to abortion, no to homosexuality" blaring out of the radio by the Zambia national choir, then these people would be right at home.
You can do whatever your dick tells you to do...just don't ask someone to decorate it for you.

They didn't have to open a shop.

Well they did and they are not going to bake the damn cake. Live with it and move onto another "cause"

I should find another cause because it's not convenient for your prejudices? Er.....

Go whine about white privilege or some other nonsense
What does race have to do with this?

You say you are a christian, don't you support abortion?

It's unlikely it's the couple who ordered the cake who is making violent threats.

The OP paints ALL gays the same.

It's unlikely it's the couple who ordered the cake who is making violent threats.

I am sure they are not either but I bet some random fools on the internet did. Either way, I really don't care b/c the couple has no legal recourse since Texas doesn't have a public accommodation law that covers gays.

Taking the bakery's refusal to make the wedding cake to Yelp isn't making threats to the baker's. It's about the same as posting here. Anonymous people feel free to say whatever they choose, including threats.

A poster told me Saturday she wanted to punch me in the face. It's really the same thing.

I am sure they are not either but I bet some random fools on the internet did. Either way, I really don't care b/c the couple has no legal recourse since Texas doesn't have a public accommodation law that covers gays.
So what? They have a right to protest unfair treatment. Maybe enough protest will lead to a law change in Texas.

They probably should have a law that covers actual public accommodations, but leave in a morals clause as an out for businesses like this.

Forum List

Back