Another Christian baker targeted for abuse

Good Lord, just bake the cake! The bakers aren't being forced to participate in the ceremony. I don't see how this threatens someone's Christian values.
You don't see, you got that much right.

I am a Christian and I see just fine. God will not punish these bakers for baking a cake for a same sex wedding.

If you're a Christian you should know better than to speak for God. The bakers are free to do as they please, let the homosexuals find another baker and move on

Who said I was speaking for God? With that line of thinking aren't the bakers speaking for God?

Where do you draw line? Would a grocery store be allowed to deny service to same sex couples? Would a doctor be allowed to deny care to a same sex couple? Would God be OK with denying these services? It's a slippery slope when you start denying services based on a religious stance. Does the phrase, "forgive thy neighbor", mean anything? Bake the cake and let God judge.

Good Lord, just bake the cake! The bakers aren't being forced to participate in the ceremony. I don't see how this threatens someone's Christian values.
You don't see, you got that much right.

I am a Christian and I see just fine. God will not punish these bakers for baking a cake for a same sex wedding.
That isn't really the point, your speaking from authority not with standing. They don't want to bake the fucking cake, that's the point.

It's entirely the point.

I read some comments on this story, a woman who lives there and knows something about this...

"One member of the couple is a newspaper editor who went to the most Christian bakery in town to make this story happen. They had many offers from other bakeries to make their cake so this is a calculated and made for viral attention story that was fabricated to make it so."
If this is all true, to me, the people of the bakery should sue the couple for harassment.

God bless you and the bakery people always!!!

Holly
Sue someone for telling the truth about service refusal? :lol: Good luck with that.

I read some comments on this story, a woman who lives there and knows something about this...

"One member of the couple is a newspaper editor who went to the most Christian bakery in town to make this story happen. They had many offers from other bakeries to make their cake so this is a calculated and made for viral attention story that was fabricated to make it so."
If this is all true, to me, the people of the bakery should sue the couple for harassment.

Holly
Sue someone for telling the truth about service refusal? :lol: Good luck with that.
If its true that the couple got offers from other bakeries to bake their cake for them, the people of the bakery in question will then have a case that the couple only went to the bakery only to cause trouble because they knew that their request would not be granted. If that isn't harassment and a complete lack of respect for the people of the bakery then I do not know what is.

Holly

P.S. If the couple or anyone else for that matter isn't going to respect the way that the bakery is ran, why should the bakery people respect the couple or anyone else who takes issue with the way that they choose to run their business?

So?

Hey, I'm sure those uppity blacks who staged the sit-in at Woolworth's lunch counter could have found somewhere else to serve them lunch, too. Instead, they picked a place that would get them the most attention.

counter-sit-in.jpeg

Gayper isn't a race. Try again

Doesn't matter, Fat Irish Sow... Discrimination is wrong whether its about skin color or sexuality.

Calling someone homophobic isn't an opinion, that's a statement. Apart from the threats, a review is a review. Posting review comments that are in reality you expressing your opinion about a business you had had no dealing with is unethical and phoney. Social media makes it easy these days for scumbags to slander people. and Yelp won't help you if you don't grease their palms.

Yelp has already locked down the page for this business and is removing reviews from people with an agenda. Can't really fault Yelp, they are getting better at dealing with these sorts of things.

Good luck with that. Their reviews will be flooded with detritus from people who have never set foot in Texas, never mind the actual bakery. Do you really think Yelp will lift a finger to remove reviews that are obviously not done by a person who has actually visited said bakery?

Actually, they already have...

Also, there are just as many people who have never done business with them giving them 5 star reviews for their homophobic stance... so there's taht.

...I consider homosexuality a mortal sin and a mental illness.
So does ISIS. Nice company you keep...

The difference is ISIS will toss your type off a roof, we just refuse to bake your damn cake
And you wish the bakers could throw us off the roof, not just refuse service.
In the past I certainly wouldn't wish gays got thrown off a roof. Recently, my sympathy is with those driven to do the throwing. After seeing what the gay mafia does, no one could possibly blame someone who threw gays off roofs.

OP supports gay rights. She's a Trump supporter and just trolling the people here who have a problem with gays. Funny stuff

"As of yet, the couple has not filed a formal charge against the Christian couple...."

As always, that's the key. The couple can choose to just let the bakers be who they are and find another baker, or they can choose to have them punished.

You are still wrong. The way to win hearts and minds is not to allow businesses which are open to the public to exercise bigotry.

You will always be wrong on that point. You can choose to learn or not.
Yeah Mr "middle of the road" EXCEPT for when it comes to bigotry Mac1958 VERY ugly person. :puke:

"As of yet, the couple has not filed a formal charge against the Christian couple...."

As always, that's the key. The couple can choose to just let the bakers be who they are and find another baker, or they can choose to have them punished.

You are still wrong. The way to win hearts and minds is not to allow businesses which are open to the public to exercise bigotry.

You will always be wrong on that point. You can choose to learn or not.
Yeah Mr "middle of the road" EXCEPT for when it comes to bigotry Mac1958
Yes, I admit you're a bigot.

You folks just have to make everything nasty & personal.

It's who you are.

Yuck.

The secular LGBT hate machine goes into full throttle. Of course this isn't the liberal Utopia of Oregon, it's Texas and there are no sexual discrimination bans.

Christian Bakeshop in Texas Targeted for Abuse After Refusing to Make Gay Wedding Cake

A bakery owned by a Christian family in Longview, Texas is being deluged with threats and hate mail after the owners declined to bake a wedding cake for a gay marriage.
t

I have no respect for threats of any kind- but criticism- which it sounds like this bakery is facing- criticism is fine.

As pointed out- this Bakery can legally refuse to serve gays in Texas.

Doesn't mean that they get to be free from criticism for their position.

OP supports gay rights. She's a Trump supporter and just trolling the people here who have a problem with gays. Funny stuff

How would you know what I support? You don't. What is with you left loons and your constant lying on here? I mean really we know you're lying, you're fooling nobody

The couple does not have any legal recourse as Texas' public accommodation laws does not cover sexuality.
They can slander the shit out of the bakery and get their buddies to do the same. If the bakery is filthy rich they can take them to court and hope they see some money after losing a bunch.
If someone criticizes a business on Yelp, etc....how is it slander?

Apparently if the business is owned by Christians....then criticism becomes slander.

...I consider homosexuality a mortal sin and a mental illness.
So does ISIS. Nice company you keep...

The difference is ISIS will toss your type off a roof, we just refuse to bake your damn cake
And you wish the bakers could throw us off the roof, not just refuse service.
In the past I certainly wouldn't wish gays got thrown off a roof. Recently, my sympathy is with those driven to do the throwing. After seeing what the gay mafia does, no one could possibly blame someone who threw gays off roofs.

Yes- because the 'gay mafia' criticizing a business' makes murder acceptable to you.

What an asshole you are.

Forum List

Back