🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

Not so funny.
You do realize that no where in your quote does it say CDC numbers are controlled or manipulated by the NRA.

Feel free to try again

If you mean they don't have editorial control, I'd have to agree. The CDC doesn't let the NRA change the numbers. Preventing the collection and analysis of the numbers, though, is worse.

Any gun is bad but military-style guns are worse. They suggest the gunman is living in a fantasy world.

I'm aware of my increased risk but I have to admit I'm not as aware of it.

So explain how "military style" weapons are worse. Again if your speaking of of ARs tell me how they are worse than the average deer rifle used by many across the country. An AR is a SA many deer rifles are as well. Deer rifles on average are far more powerful as well as more accurate at longer ranges.

You admit to not being as aware to your risk, I find that strange. You admit to being uneasy when you see a gun but do not realize that depending on where you are you may be surrounded my many folks carrying concealed as well as criminals who's weapon you do not see.
If I was unarmed I believe I would be more concerned with the guns I do not see but know are there

Tell me, when you go to the range, do you shoot at man-shaped targets?

Actually no. I have a wide selection of targets at my home range.

A bench that I place various tin cans on
Steel targets that reset themselves
Still Plate stationary targets
Steel Plates on a cable to shoot while they are moving
Skeet thrower for shooting clays

I guess the only "life Like" targets I have on my range are 3D deer targets but those I only use for archery

I've seen plenty of silhouettes with bullet holes in them.

Any gun is bad but military-style guns are worse. They suggest the gunman is living in a fantasy world.

So explain how "military style" weapons are worse. Again if your speaking of of ARs tell me how they are worse than the average deer rifle used by many across the country. An AR is a SA many deer rifles are as well. Deer rifles on average are far more powerful as well as more accurate at longer ranges.

As I said, the military-style weapons suggest a particularly serious instability. The carrier is a wannabe.

You admit to not being as aware to your risk, I find that strange. You admit to being uneasy when you see a gun but do not realize that depending on where you are you may be surrounded my many folks carrying concealed as well as criminals who's weapon you do not see.

If I was unarmed I believe I would be more concerned with the guns I do not see but know are there

Out of sight, out of mind. It's a normal human view of their situations.

If you mean they don't have editorial control, I'd have to agree. The CDC doesn't let the NRA change the numbers. Preventing the collection and analysis of the numbers, though, is worse.

The NRA prevents no one from analyzing CDC numbers, No one needs to collect the numbers, that is performed by the CDC.

Here is the preliminary data for 2011
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_06.pdf

The numbers are there for all to see anyone and everyone has access to the same numbers

As I said, the military-style weapons suggest a particularly serious instability. The carrier is a wannabe.

So there is nothing to back up your opinion on ARs, it is just based on hoplophobia it seems.
Tell us how they are more dangerous than any other SA as you claimed, you keep deflecting from that. Why?

It seems a fair characterization of the common gun cultist. Much of the lore and doctrine of the gun cult seems associated with masculinity and virility.

This is a myth that the gun grabbers perpetuate because they operate under the false assumption that it's true and that it embarrasses the gun owner. They fail on both counts.

I don't think it's a myth at all. I recall, for instance, seeing cultists declare they'd rather "be judged by twelve than carried by six." To me that says they'd rather impose their will on someone else (their victim) than abide by social constraints, a characteristically "manly" attitude.

WTF? That's pretty stupid. Do you know what that means? It means he'd rather go to jail than to the morgue. "Carried by six" pall bearers.

Dumbass.

I have quite an assortment of firearms and have had for the better part of 40 years. Non were purchased with a dream of killing someone. Non have been used to kill someone

I don't believe you've never dreamed of killing someone with all your guns.

Of course you wouldn't. That belief is part of the lies you have to tell yourself in order to maintain your narrow view of the world.

Nope. No one who seriously cares about their practice does. With the possible exception of the silhouettes that also have bullseyes on them, but I just use the bullseye targets without the silhouette. My pistol targets have 4 separate bullseyes on each one.

The more you post the more you show your ignorance.

Who are:

1. Starved of cash.
2. Put out inaccurate numbers (because of ridiculous classification rules set up by the NRA lobby).

The NRA controls the CDC numbers LOL that's funny ...

Not so funny.

Guns kill 32,000 Americans a year, but not one penny is given to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to find out why.

Victims of gun violence can thank the National Rifle Association for squeezing off that funding.

The NRA began lobbying Congress in the 1990s to limit the CDC’s funding after the agency gave financial backing to an independent study that found that keeping a gun in the home was strongly associated with an increased risk of homicide.

NRA lobbying led to law that stopped CDC from using federal funds to study gun violence - NY Daily News
That isn't the same as controlling the numbers moron. The CDC isn't the only source of crime stats. They are available to anyone who wants to see them.

Actually no. I have a wide selection of targets at my home range.

A bench that I place various tin cans on
Steel targets that reset themselves
Still Plate stationary targets
Steel Plates on a cable to shoot while they are moving
Skeet thrower for shooting clays

I guess the only "life Like" targets I have on my range are 3D deer targets but those I only use for archery

I've seen plenty of silhouettes with bullet holes in them.

Yeah because you hang around gun ranges all the time right? Liar.

This is why the NRA is so valuable. They fight against lawmakers who try to pass laws based on paranoid delusions like yours.

Guns kill 32,000 Americans a year, but not one penny is given to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to find out why.
Because people know why...crazy people want to get their names on t.v., criminals want our stuff, and accidents happen when people get distracted and don't pay attention to the tool they are using...

You can mail my check for the research grant money to my address...

As I said, the military-style weapons suggest a particularly serious instability.

Actually, it shows a couple of things...

1) people who were in the military and get out are familiar with that style of rifle and are more inclined to select it

2) the AR-15 is customizable, unlike some standard hunting rifles...so different sights, lights and lazers can be placed on the weapon

3) most people see the police and military using it...which automatically implies effectiveness to the lay person

4) it is popular because it gets a lot of media coverage....the media says it is a deadly weapon...more deadly than other rifles...so if you want a weapon for self defense...you would pick the one that seems most effective...if they start puttiing any other weapon on t.v. as much and build up it's reputation...that will be the next big thing in rifles...

My argument is that you can't compare banning guns to cars because cars are vastly important to our country. Take away guns and most people wouldn't even notice. People use their cars every day. Most gun owners target shoot once in a while or hunt when it's season, but not necessary uses. Lose your way to work and you are in trouble.

This isn't the 1800's. I am right for the present. If cars and trucks disappeared tomorrow our country would be in chaos. People couldn't get to work and stores would soon be empty. Our economy would quickly collapse.
You do realize that is not helping your argument? Please try to stay on the original point

Guy on the anti gun side...We get it. When you say we need guns because we have small penises, or that they make us feel more manly and virile, or that we dream of killing people....

What you anti gunners are actually doing is called "Projection" it is where you place your fears of inadequacy and doubt and attribute them to other people...all so that you don't have to deal with the feelings you have about yourself...

You can get help for these irrational fears...

Let me start out....

Your penis size, is fine...I am sure your imaginary wives and girlfriends are happy with them

Your irrational fear of guns is not something to be afraid of...we all have fears of something...spiders, heights...yours is guns...so naturally you want them to go away....

Now your feelings of wanting to kill people...which you try to project onto us, the normal people...you really, really, need to get help with that...you need to get to a psychiatrist, or social worker and let them know about your desire to harm other people...

You are okay...you are a good person...you just need help dealing with your feelings of inadequacy and your irrational fear of guns....once you do...you will stop projecting these fears on other people, and you will be able to live with your self in a healthier way...

I really hope this helps...

Take away guns and most people wouldn't even notice.

except the 2.5 million people who use guns to save lives and stop crime every year in the U.S. they will now be victims instead of survivors...not exactly a smart trade off...

Yes for some tiny part of the population they are needed. For a huge percent of the population cars and trucks are needed. That is my point. You can't compare these two things. While people with cars can live fine without a gun, most people with guns still need a car.

Sorry but you really are living in the 1800's if you think any large percent of people are still hunting for their food. This is really making it difficult to take you seriously.
Please point to where I stated that a large percentage of people hunted for their food. I will wait............

It is really not worth my time to discuss this with you if your going to make up things as you go along

I believe the issue was your claim that guns are not needed in today's society, I pointed out activities where they are needed. You have not provided proof I was wrong.

Ah now you are using the 2.5 million made up number. You started out using the 250k-370k number or whatever. Use whatever fake numbers you want, it really doesn't matter. I am pretty old and have not once needed a gun, but I use my car daily. The two aren't comparable.

Take away guns and most people wouldn't even notice.

except the 2.5 million people who use guns to save lives and stop crime every year in the U.S. they will now be victims instead of survivors...not exactly a smart trade off...

I am pretty old and have not once needed a gun, but I use my car daily.

You are indeed a fortunate person...may your fortune hold for you and your family...however...there are 2.5 million people a year who are not as lucky as you...and because you have not experienced a brutal, violent attack by a criminal who feels no compassion, remorse or guilt...you are perfectly fine with taking guns away from these unfortunate people, placing them under the complete control of these brutal, violent criminals...that isn't very nice of you...They are people too, and they would probably like to survive these encounters and live out the rest of their lives in peace...instead of being raped, robbed, tortured, brutally beaten or murdered...and a gun makes that possible 2.5 million times a year....

Forum List

Back