🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

Are there really 2.5 million people? Because not only have I not, but none of my family has nor any of my friends. And you yourself started out by stating numbers other than 2.5 million. Seems to be a very inaccurate number. In fact every survey has vastly different numbers. I bet if you collected every verified account of this from the last 50 years you wouldn't get to 2.5 million. Sorry but that number is false. Do you really think the number of homicides each year would be 2.5 million without your guns? That's a good one. The fact is you are more likely to be accidently shot than you are to be killed by a gun in a homicide.

I am pretty old and have not once needed a gun, but I use my car daily.

You are indeed a fortunate person...may your fortune hold for you and your family...however...there are 2.5 million people a year who are not as lucky as you...and because you have not experienced a brutal, violent attack by a criminal who feels no compassion, remorse or guilt...you are perfectly fine with taking guns away from these unfortunate people, placing them under the complete control of these brutal, violent criminals...that isn't very nice of you...They are people too, and they would probably like to survive these encounters and live out the rest of their lives in peace...instead of being raped, robbed, tortured, brutally beaten or murdered...and a gun makes that possible 2.5 million times a year....

Ah now you are using the 2.5 million made up number. You started out using the 250k-370k number or whatever. Use whatever fake numbers you want, it really doesn't matter. I am pretty old and have not once needed a gun, but I use my car daily. The two aren't comparable.

Take away guns and most people wouldn't even notice.

except the 2.5 million people who use guns to save lives and stop crime every year in the U.S. they will now be victims instead of survivors...not exactly a smart trade off...

That's because they are estimated numbers. It's hard to count a life saved if they are in fact saved. Deaths are easy to quantify.

You have come up with 7 instances of CC holders doing bad things. There are 6 million plus CC permit holders in the US. Can your tiny brain get a grip on how small your number is compared to that?

Keep posting your stupidity, we'll keep
Laughing at you.

It happens quite a lot actually:
VPC - The Violence Policy Center - Concealed Carry Killers

More than you'll find verified examples of somebody saving a life with a gun.

Ah now you are using the 2.5 million made up number. You started out using the 250k-370k number or whatever. Use whatever fake numbers you want, it really doesn't matter. I am pretty old and have not once needed a gun, but I use my car daily. The two aren't comparable.

except the 2.5 million people who use guns to save lives and stop crime every year in the U.S. they will now be victims instead of survivors...not exactly a smart trade off...

That's because they are estimated numbers. It's hard to count a life saved if they are in fact saved. Deaths are easy to quantify.

You have come up with 7 instances of CC holders doing bad things. There are 6 million plus CC permit holders in the US. Can your tiny brain get a grip on how small your number is compared to that?

Laughing at you.

Laughing at you.

Laughing at you.

Over six million moron. Do you understand that? How fucking thick headed are you anyway? I already pointed out to you that deaths are easy to quantify, while lives saved are estimates. 2.5 million saved and 6 million CC permits out there. You lose dumbass.

Last edited:
6 million carry yes. But they aren't saving lives. And obviously many are doing the opposite.

Laughing at you.

Laughing at you.

Over six million moron. Do you understand that? How fucking thick headed are you anyway?

With every post you proclaim you stupidity. You tiny number of examples of deaths at CC holders hands is a extreme my tiny number compared to 6 million. It your defective brain capable of understanding that?

Sallow and I go way back on the other forum. He's a good guy (even for a lib :p) once you get to know him.
He is wrong on this one, but I will take your word for it. Perhaps I was hasty in my judgement although I believe he poked me first LOL

Yeah I did.

That was wrong.

My apologies.

We disagree..and it shouldn't get personal.

SALLOW! Someone has hacked your account and they are being nice!

You need to fix this before they hijack your entire life with some kind of identity theft game.

You're welcome, dude.

Even your incredibly inaccurate surveys don't claim 2.5 million lives saved. It is crimes stopped. A very small percent of crimes are going to lead to death. Most criminals want your money, not your life.

Laughing at you.

Laughing at you.

Over six million moron. Do you understand that? How fucking thick headed are you anyway? I already pointed out to you that deaths are easy to quantify, while lives saved are estimates. 2.5 million saved and 6 million CC permits out there. You lose dumbass.

The number of deaths at CC holders hands is larger than you will every verify lives saved. You put very little value in life don't you?

With every post you proclaim you stupidity. You tiny number of examples of deaths at CC holders hands is a extreme my tiny number compared to 6 million. It your defective brain capable of understanding that?

Ahhh...I see your problem...and theirs...they take any incident involving a shooting between two people and say it was because they had a concealed carry permit...vs....people who probably had a history of violence long before they had a gun....they fail to compare normal people vs. people who are already criminally violent....

This must be the most dangerous country in the world if you think there are over 2.5 million attempted homicides each year. Talk about dumb.

Laughing at you.

Laughing at you.

Even your incredibly inaccurate surveys don't claim 2.5 million lives saved. It is crimes stopped. A very small percent of crimes are going to lead to death. Most criminals want your money, not your life.

See, that's the thing...whenever someone takes a gun and uses it to take something from you or force you to do something, they are saying that they will kill you if you don't submit...wether they complete that threat or not is irrelevant since the threat is already made...and if you stop them from completing that threat you have saved a life...because you can't read their mind to know if they will really shoot or not and you can't see the future to know if they actually did pull the trigger on you...you have to deal with the threat, "I will kill you if you don't comply" as it actually is, not as it may be if you are lucky...

So yes...2.5 million times a year lives are saved and crimes are stopped...

So you can have a long history of violence and still get a concealed carry permit?

Ahhh...I see your problem...and theirs...they take any incident involving a shooting between two people and say it was because they had a concealed carry permit...vs....people who probably had a history of violence long before they had a gun....they fail to compare normal people vs. people who are already criminally violent....

Wow this is a dangerous country. Over 2.5 million attempted homicides each year. That's a good one.

See, that's the thing...whenever someone takes a gun and uses it to take something from you or force you to do something, they are saying that they will kill you if you don't submit...wether they complete that threat or not is irrelevant since the threat is already made...and if you stop them from completing that threat you have saved a life...because you can't read their mind to know if they will really shoot or not and you can't see the future to know if they actually did pull the trigger on you...you have to deal with the threat, "I will kill you if you don't comply" as it actually is, not as it may be if you are lucky...

Sadly, Brain357, your numbers again do not work out...concealed carry permit holders are less likely than members of the general population to commit crimes...and less likely than police officers to commit crimes as well...

NY Times Proves Concealed Carry License Holders More Law-Abiding Than the Population. Unintentionally. - The Truth About Guns

According to the data, concealed carry permit holders in North Carolina are five times less likely to kill someone than the average citizen.

According to the data concealed carry permit holders are 5.48 times less likely to commit a violent crime with a firearm than the average citizen.

According to the data concealed carry permit holders are 6.6 times less likely to be involved with drunk driving than the average citizen.

Laughing at you.

Laughing at you.

Complete garbage dumbass. You cannot know how many would have died. Even if one life is saved, it's worth it.

Another source that shows people who go to the trouble to get a concealed carry permit are less likely to be a problem for society than the average citizen is...

Further Proof that Concealed Carry Permit Holders Rarely Commit Crimes - WireShots.com

According to a story published in The Wichita Eagle that studied crimes committed by those with CCWs licenses in Kansas, the answer to this question is rather evident:

Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.

That works out to one charge for every 1,161 permit holders, or 0.09 percent.

The numbers squeeze even tighter when you consider that of the 44 permit holders charged, 17 licenses have been revoked because they were convicted of a crime that disqualifies them from having a permit.

Now, in juxtaposing that figure with the violent crime rate for the overall population, one can detect a noticeable difference:

The violent crime rate in Kansas in 2011 was one for every 198 people at least 21 years old, or 0.5 percent, according to the Kansas Bureau of Investigation.

It should be noted, and as The Wichita Eagle pointed out, there are limitations to looking at the numbers in such a simplified manner, but even so, it appears that concealed carry permit are overwhelmingly law-abiding folk when compared to non-permit holders.

So again...your numbers are just not going to work out for you Brain357...

The number of deaths at CC holders hands is larger than you will every verify lives saved. You put very little value in life don't you?

You must be pretty thick headed. Thank god dumbasses like you are a shrinking minority.

Wow this is a dangerous country. Over 2.5 million attempted homicides each year. That's a good one.

No shit it's dangerous idiot. That's what we've been telling you. It's being made safer by CC holders.

Forum List

Back