🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another concealed carry owner doing the wrong thing

My argument is that you can't compare banning guns to cars because cars are vastly important to our country. Take away guns and most people wouldn't even notice. People use their cars every day. Most gun owners target shoot once in a while or hunt when it's season, but not necessary uses. Lose your way to work and you are in trouble.

This isn't the 1800's. I am right for the present. If cars and trucks disappeared tomorrow our country would be in chaos. People couldn't get to work and stores would soon be empty. Our economy would quickly collapse.
You do realize that is not helping your argument? Please try to stay on the original point
Then petition your Congress critters to create an amendment that does away with the 2nd. Get it past Congress then get a majority in 37 States to agree to it. Failing that the law and the Courts are clear. Concealed carry is a fundamental right protected by the 2nd Amendment. As is open carry. Owning and possessing firearms is a Fundamental right not associated with membership in an organized or any militia.

Guy on the anti gun side...We get it. When you say we need guns because we have small penises, or that they make us feel more manly and virile, or that we dream of killing people....

What you anti gunners are actually doing is called "Projection" it is where you place your fears of inadequacy and doubt and attribute them to other people...all so that you don't have to deal with the feelings you have about yourself...

You can get help for these irrational fears...

Let me start out....

Your penis size, is fine...I am sure your imaginary wives and girlfriends are happy with them

Your irrational fear of guns is not something to be afraid of...we all have fears of something...spiders, heights...yours is guns...so naturally you want them to go away....

Now your feelings of wanting to kill people...which you try to project onto us, the normal people...you really, really, need to get help with that...you need to get to a psychiatrist, or social worker and let them know about your desire to harm other people...

You are okay...you are a good person...you just need help dealing with your feelings of inadequacy and your irrational fear of guns....once you do...you will stop projecting these fears on other people, and you will be able to live with your self in a healthier way...

I really hope this helps...

Well done.

Are there really 2.5 million people? Because not only have I not, but none of my family has nor any of my friends. And you yourself started out by stating numbers other than 2.5 million. Seems to be a very inaccurate number. In fact every survey has vastly different numbers. I bet if you collected every verified account of this from the last 50 years you wouldn't get to 2.5 million. Sorry but that number is false. Do you really think the number of homicides each year would be 2.5 million without your guns? That's a good one. The fact is you are more likely to be accidently shot than you are to be killed by a gun in a homicide.

I am pretty old and have not once needed a gun, but I use my car daily.

You are indeed a fortunate person...may your fortune hold for you and your family...however...there are 2.5 million people a year who are not as lucky as you...and because you have not experienced a brutal, violent attack by a criminal who feels no compassion, remorse or guilt...you are perfectly fine with taking guns away from these unfortunate people, placing them under the complete control of these brutal, violent criminals...that isn't very nice of you...They are people too, and they would probably like to survive these encounters and live out the rest of their lives in peace...instead of being raped, robbed, tortured, brutally beaten or murdered...and a gun makes that possible 2.5 million times a year....

Look you empty headed moron, we have already explained this to you several times now. We know, you aren't going to get it. To get it you would have to question your current beliefs and you aren't going to do that. We'll just all thank the stars that you are t making policy. Dumbass.

Soooo, I have given you stats from several stats that show that concealed carry permit holders who carry guns are by far more law abiding than the general population and even the police....

Don't bother. He's a liberal gun grabber and will never ever admit to his own ignorance.

If you mean they don't have editorial control, I'd have to agree. The CDC doesn't let the NRA change the numbers. Preventing the collection and analysis of the numbers, though, is worse.

The NRA prevents no one from analyzing CDC numbers, No one needs to collect the numbers, that is performed by the CDC.

Here is the preliminary data for 2011
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_06.pdf

The numbers are there for all to see anyone and everyone has access to the same numbers

The NRA has ordered Congress to prohibit the CDC from collecting data on gun violence. No one can analyze those numbers because they don't exist.

If you mean they don't have editorial control, I'd have to agree. The CDC doesn't let the NRA change the numbers. Preventing the collection and analysis of the numbers, though, is worse.

The NRA prevents no one from analyzing CDC numbers, No one needs to collect the numbers, that is performed by the CDC.

Here is the preliminary data for 2011
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_06.pdf

The numbers are there for all to see anyone and everyone has access to the same numbers

The NRA has ordered Congress to prohibit the CDC from collecting data on gun violence. No one can analyze those numbers because they don't exist.

That is why the NRA is the only charity I ever give to. They do not waste my money.

As I said, the military-style weapons suggest a particularly serious instability. The carrier is a wannabe.

Out of sight, out of mind. It's a normal human view of their situations.

So there is nothing to back up your opinion on ARs, it is just based on hoplophobia it seems.
Tell us how they are more dangerous than any other SA as you claimed, you keep deflecting from that. Why?

Nothing? Psychology is an accepted science. My opinion is uncontroversial among competent commentators.

As I said, the military-style weapons suggest a particularly serious instability. The carrier is a wannabe.

Out of sight, out of mind. It's a normal human view of their situations.

So there is nothing to back up your opinion on ARs, it is just based on hoplophobia it seems.
Tell us how they are more dangerous than any other SA as you claimed, you keep deflecting from that. Why?

Nothing? Psychology is an accepted science. My opinion is uncontroversial among competent commentators.

Translation: I made it up.

Gun shooters like to shoot humans.

Let me make an accurate point...a lot of criminals like to shoot humans...that is why we have police, and jails...and why regular, normal people have the right....again, the Right, to buy, own and carry guns for protection...

My 4 reasons that people have the right to keep and bear arms...

1) violent criminals

2) the dangerously mentally ill

3) government abuse, as in murder or denial of rights...

4) government neglect, or the inability to protect its citizens...see the city of Detroit...

Those are the 4 reasons people buy, own and carry guns...

So you admit some gun cultists shoot at human targets.

Do you mean human shaped paper targets or actual human beings...you gun grabbers are so nutty it is hard to know if you mean what you write?

The NRA has authority over congress? That has to be the most asinine statement I have ever read.

Good Lord boy please tell me you have never attended a day of school, otherwise I am really disappointed in our education system

So you admit some gun cultists shoot at human targets. That proves the point.

Son your not making a point, you have failed at every turn.

I'll toss you a bone

Make a point, explain its relevance to this topic and support it

I'll wait........

By the way did you read your own post before hitting post?

"gun cultists shoot at human targets"

How stupid is that?

Those are interesting stats, thanks for sharing. Here is one thing that I do find disturbing however:

When compared with non-license holders, a higher proportion of license-holder convictions were for sexual offenses, weapons offenses, deadly conduct and offenses involving the intentional killing of a person.
Concealed handguns study takes a different approach to measuring risk 8211 The Pump Handle

Those seems like things you don't want an armed person to be doing.

Soooo, I have given you stats from several stats that show that concealed carry permit holders who carry guns are by far more law abiding than the general population and even the police....

Not sure where the sexual offenses come in... And it wold be nice if they said what exactly those offenses were....but leaving it vague helps smear the permit holders...especially when the rest of the study says that permit holders are less likely to commit crimes.....but the other categories would make sense...

Concealed handguns study takes a different approach to measuring risk 8211 The Pump Handle

“Holders of a CHL in Texas in 2001 to 2009 were almost universally a law-abiding population, like most individuals who shared their demographic characteristics,” the study authors wrote. “However, in those rare instances when they committed crimes…they were more likely to be convicted for serious weapons-related offenses.”

Overall, Texans without a concealed handgun license committed many more crimes than their licensed counterparts. Study authors wrote that “CHL holders rarely ‘break bad"

This would make sense because a law abiding citizen is only going to draw and fire a weapon if the situation is life threatening...and if they are found in the wrong for having done so, it would make sense that it would be a weapon related,charge...

and as to the sexual offenses...funny how they didn't compare the rate of these alleged,offenses to the rate among the general population...that probably reveals another uncomfortable fact for the anti gunners....

Last edited:
It does make sense. If you have a gun and something happens people are more likely to be shot than if nobody has a gun. Of course if they are found in the wrong for having done so they aren't very law abiding.

Not sure where the sexual offenses come in...but the other categories would make sense...

“Holders of a CHL in Texas in 2001 to 2009 were almost universally a law-abiding population, like most individuals who shared their demographic characteristics,” the study authors wrote. “However, in those rare instances when they committed crimes…they were more likely to be convicted for serious weapons-related offenses.”

This would make sense because a law abiding citizen is only going to draw and fire a weapon if the situation is life threatening...and if they are found in the wrong for having done so, it would make sense that it would be a weapon related,charge...

It does make sense. If you have a gun and something happens people are more likely to be shot than if nobody has a gun. Of course if they are found in the wrong for having done so they aren't very law abiding.

That is a silly response...if nobody had a gun....considering criminals kill 11-12,000 people a year...and murder is a crime...as is carrying a gun as a convicted felon....there are 11-12,000 times a year where somebody has a gun and uses it...better the victim also has a gun to stop it...as they do 2.5 million times a year....

Forum List

Back