Another cop accidentally shoots himself

No Brain, it isn't.....there are 11.1 million people with concealed carry permits today....and only 6-700 accidental gun deaths....put that on a calculator.....not even close to a problem.....drowning....now that is more of a problem.....

If call 6-700 deaths dangerous. Are you suggesting it isn't? People should take no care with their guns? Receive no training? Not be cautious when carrying? Or are those things required because carrying is dangerous?

No, I would call them a tiny number in the face of 11.1 concealed carry permit holders.....no, people should be very careful with their guns, they are dangerous when used carelessly, I have 16 hours of training just to get a permit....but until they make it free, I won't step on someones right to carry a gun for protection, if they can't afford lessons...they should get lessons from someone...be very cautious when carrying.....they aren't required because it is dangerous...again...6-700 accidental gun deaths vs. 310 million people in the U.S. vs. over 310 million guns in circulation, vs. 11.1 concealed carry permit holders....vs. 1.6 million times a year a gun is used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives.....

Again....6-700 accidental gun deaths are a tiny, tiny number...it should and can be lower....but that would take gun safety programs in public schools....and the anti gunners fight that tooth and nails.....dead kids help their cause too much....

So while carrying is dangerous, guns can be carried safely with the proper training? That is the way I look at it and think you might agree. But based on the accidents that do happen it is certainly dangerous to carry.

The problem with spending time on gun safety in schools is that most people will never need a gun for anything in their life. It would be like teaching latin in school now.

Most people are never involved in a burning building either....yet all kids recieve that training in our public schools....and gun safety training, as developed by the NRA, might save more kid's lives.....

And there is a study that shows you are more likely to be shot if you carry. Schools should promote that? You are certainly more likely to be accidently shot of you own a gun.

and you are more likely to get into a car accident if you own a car.....

Or more likely to have a plane crash if you own a plane....

Or to have a ski accident if you own skis.....

If call 6-700 deaths dangerous. Are you suggesting it isn't? People should take no care with their guns? Receive no training? Not be cautious when carrying? Or are those things required because carrying is dangerous?

No, I would call them a tiny number in the face of 11.1 concealed carry permit holders.....no, people should be very careful with their guns, they are dangerous when used carelessly, I have 16 hours of training just to get a permit....but until they make it free, I won't step on someones right to carry a gun for protection, if they can't afford lessons...they should get lessons from someone...be very cautious when carrying.....they aren't required because it is dangerous...again...6-700 accidental gun deaths vs. 310 million people in the U.S. vs. over 310 million guns in circulation, vs. 11.1 concealed carry permit holders....vs. 1.6 million times a year a gun is used to stop violent criminal attack and save lives.....

Again....6-700 accidental gun deaths are a tiny, tiny number...it should and can be lower....but that would take gun safety programs in public schools....and the anti gunners fight that tooth and nails.....dead kids help their cause too much....

So while carrying is dangerous, guns can be carried safely with the proper training? That is the way I look at it and think you might agree. But based on the accidents that do happen it is certainly dangerous to carry.

The problem with spending time on gun safety in schools is that most people will never need a gun for anything in their life. It would be like teaching latin in school now.

Most people are never involved in a burning building either....yet all kids recieve that training in our public schools....and gun safety training, as developed by the NRA, might save more kid's lives.....

And there is a study that shows you are more likely to be shot if you carry. Schools should promote that? You are certainly more likely to be accidently shot of you own a gun.

And there is a study that shows you are more likely to be shot if you carry. Schools should promote that?

I didn't say that....I said the NRA child safety program.....which is basically this...if a kid sees a gun in a home, his own or a freinds....they are taught to:

1) Stop
2) Don't touch
3) Leave the room
4) Find an adult....

And yet.....that is what the anti gunners fight...

I'd be surprised if they didn't do that sort of basic training now and certainly wouldn't be against it.

No Brain, it isn't.....there are 11.1 million people with concealed carry permits today....and only 6-700 accidental gun deaths....put that on a calculator.....not even close to a problem.....drowning....now that is more of a problem.....

Then I suggest you don't own a gun and mind your own business. Pretty simple.

I dont think you can make your claim based on that. While some might, there are no requirements for concealed carry. And there are quite a few of them shooting themselves or others accidently each year so there are for sure some bad apples. So you cannot claim they are far better trained than police without more info.
And, equally, you cannot claim that the cops are better trained either so the OP's point is false under that reasoning.

YOU cant claim they are better trained. I will go with what I know unless actual data refutes it. It is the best any of us can do. I don't really expect you to take my experiences and agree with them but you certainly should go out there and take a look yourself.

I'm not prepared to make that claim, but they do have required training that concealed carry people do not. Your experience is not that important as you don't know a significant percent of carry holders. Do you know any who have shot themselves? Cause I've seen many examples in the news. Many police and carry holders accidently shoot themselves or others. So carrying is dangerous.

You are joking right?

Statistically driving is more dangerous, do you still drive?

What about a kitchen, do you go into your kitchen? It is the most dangerous room in the home.

Hell, kitchen knife injuries are more common than a gunshot injury.

Knife injuries and other kitchen mishaps afflict both top chefs and everyday cooks - The Washington Post

No not joking. Guns are no joke. Oh is it more dangerous? Most people never need a gun for anything yet they do kill a lot of people. On the other hand cars are used daily by most people. So it would seem guns are more dangerous. You might be more likely to be killed in a car, but they are also being used drastically more.

Most people never need a gun for anything

But we can never know ahead of time who will or won't need a gun.....do you think those 12 magazine cartoonists and 15 others who went to work that day knew they needed a gun that day?

Most people need to use a car daily.
Few people can afford a plane but I bet fewer people are killed who own planes than are killed who own guns.
Skiing is very dangerous.

And there is a study that shows you are more likely to be shot if you carry. Schools should promote that?

I didn't say that....I said the NRA child safety program.....which is basically this...if a kid sees a gun in a home, his own or a freinds....they are taught to:

1) Stop
2) Don't touch
3) Leave the room
4) Find an adult....

And yet.....that is what the anti gunners fight...

I'd be surprised if they didn't do that sort of basic training now and certainly wouldn't be against it.

Well, they are against it...can you explain that?

I dont think you can make your claim based on that. While some might, there are no requirements for concealed carry. And there are quite a few of them shooting themselves or others accidently each year so there are for sure some bad apples. So you cannot claim they are far better trained than police without more info.
And, equally, you cannot claim that the cops are better trained either so the OP's point is false under that reasoning.

YOU cant claim they are better trained. I will go with what I know unless actual data refutes it. It is the best any of us can do. I don't really expect you to take my experiences and agree with them but you certainly should go out there and take a look yourself.

I'm not prepared to make that claim, but they do have required training that concealed carry people do not. Your experience is not that important as you don't know a significant percent of carry holders. Do you know any who have shot themselves? Cause I've seen many examples in the news. Many police and carry holders accidently shoot themselves or others. So carrying is dangerous.

You are joking right?

What about a kitchen, do you go into your kitchen? It is the most dangerous room in the home.

Knife injuries and other kitchen mishaps afflict both top chefs and everyday cooks - The Washington Post

No not joking. Guns are no joke. Oh is it more dangerous? Most people never need a gun for anything yet they do kill a lot of people. On the other hand cars are used daily by most people. So it would seem guns are more dangerous. You might be more likely to be killed in a car, but they are also being used drastically more.

But we can never know ahead of time who will or won't need a gun.....do you think those 12 magazine cartoonists and 15 others who went to work that day knew they needed a gun that day?

There was an armed police body guard there. I doubt anyone else armed would have made much a difference.

Few people can afford a plane but I bet fewer people are killed who own planes than are killed who own guns.

That is the beauty of a gun....if you don't need it...it stays in the holster...until you do......and when you do need it....you really, really need it....ask those French magazine writers.....oh yeah.....you can't......they were killed because they couldn't defend themselves....on that day......which they didn't know about till it happened....

You are joking right?

There was an armed police body guard there. I doubt anyone else armed would have made much a difference.

Really....one guy vs. 3 well trained terrorists with fully automatic rifles with surprise and training on their side.....which special operations police officer do you think was assigned to sit in on the editorial board meeting of that newspaper....and you don't think that if several of those journalists had been armed they couldn't have fought off a surprise attack....or saved lives?

You do realize that 3 armed robbers tried to rob a gun store....by surprise...and 2 of the owners carried guns.....turned out a lot differently.....

That is the beauty of a gun....if you don't need it...it stays in the holster...until you do......and when you do need it....you really, really need it....ask those French magazine writers.....oh yeah.....you can't......they were killed because they couldn't defend themselves....on that day......which they didn't know about till it happened....

Ok lets ask the guy who tried to stop the cop killers at the Walmart. Oh wait he was the only one they shot and killed...

You are joking right?

Really....one guy vs. 3 well trained terrorists with fully automatic rifles with surprise and training on their side.....which special operations police officer do you think was assigned to sit in on the editorial board meeting of that newspaper....and you don't think that if several of those journalists had been armed they couldn't have fought off a surprise attack....or saved lives?

You do realize that 3 armed robbers tried to rob a gun store....by surprise...and 2 of the owners carried guns.....turned out a lot differently.....

I realize that even if allowed most people don't want to carry. So there wouldn't have been too many other guns there. And certainly they would have been greatly outgunned.

Ok lets ask the guy who tried to stop the cop killers at the Walmart. Oh wait he was the only one they shot and killed...

Then we'll ask the pastor....oh yeah...he stopped a mass shooting.....

You are joking right?

I realize that even if allowed most people don't want to carry. So there wouldn't have been too many other guns there. And certainly they would have been greatly outgunned.

but they had no choice...and they had been targeted as individuals and as a magazine.....so there was a warning that they were under threat by people who really meant it.......and yet, by law, they were forced only one option...to be unarmed when the attack came....

Mass shooting or was he just going to shoot the guy who fired him? Good job arming the bad guy with a carry permit btw.

but they had no choice...and they had been targeted as individuals and as a magazine.....so there was a warning that they were under threat by people who really meant it.......and yet, by law, they were forced only one option...to be unarmed when the attack came....

Same thing here, companies don't let you carry. And the janitor recently showed why. Try to change companies on that and see how quickly they pull money from republicans and crush the pro gun movement.

Mass shooting or was he just going to shoot the guy who fired him? Good job arming the bad guy with a carry permit btw.

Better job arming the good guy with a carry permit....since the bad guy didn't need a permit to carry that gun illegally when he went to murder those people......the good guy though....he had to get a carry permit........or he would have been disarmed.....

Brain...been a pleasure....today....have a good weekend......

Better job arming the good guy with a carry permit....since the bad guy didn't need a permit to carry that gun illegally when he went to murder those people......the good guy though....he had to get a carry permit........or he would have been disarmed.....

And if you hadn't armed the bad guy the good buy might not have needed one...

Forum List

Back