Another Idiot Thanks God

why do you care so much about what inspires this nurse to be grateful...?

notice you have to put words into her mouth as if you have a point... speaking of ARROGANT. :anj_stfu:

I didn't put words into her mouth. Those were her very first words when she took the mic. She thanked god more than anything else.

A better question is why do you not care about the 15000 people who died? Did they not love the big invisible man enough?
The two are mutually exclusive

notice you have to put words into her mouth as if you have a point... speaking of ARROGANT. :anj_stfu:

I didn't put words into her mouth. Those were her very first words when she took the mic. She thanked god more than anything else.

A better question is why do you not care about the 15000 people who died? Did they not love the big invisible man enough?

She cared enough about ONE of them in Dallas to risk infection.

How old are you ?
You realize this is something people have done for centuries, right ?

Wow, try reading more.
those same people have been slaughtering each other for just as long and thanking god for being on they're side.
oh the irony..
I have no problem with people doing that sparingly

The point is, who cares who they thank, and regardless, "thanking god" is older than the pyramids.
It amazes me that someone would be upset about this, and they take it so literally.
you no proof that thanking god is older than the pyramids I was with you till you said that.

Those people worshipped.....Isis, not Jesus. Bahahahaa. This thread is getting more fun all the time.

Fucking idiot. You are the moron not understanding that the poster was not referring to Egyptians but a time frame.

Man oh man you are a flat out mean whack job.

You bet this thread is going to be fun because you are really unveiling what a vile piece of shit you are today.

:lol:
I gather by the OP's standards that no one should ever be grateful for anything in their lives because someone else's life just sucked today.

Yowzah. That's just crazy.

Wrong. But it's not the first time.

You should gather instead that the survivors should show respect for the dead and leave their arrogant Christianity out of it. They imply that those who have died are lesser than they in the eyes of their god.

if that were the case you'd be in a "special peoples prison till the sun explodes

They don't need to be imprisoned, they just need to use their heads. These silly nurses didn't

My commentary goes back to the old one about why god sends a bus full of children over a bridge but Bernie Madoff will probably die peacefully of old age, surrounded by his loved ones, great doctors and fantastic medical care.

Well, that analogy kind of sucks because one of Madoffs sons has already committed suicide. His wife and other kids have had their wealth taken from them and are ostracized by all who knew them. But other than those facts you might have a point.

Oh really? If I gave you a laundry list of all the people who have escaped god's wrath while others died, then you'd have to skip the next 5 hikes into the mountains.

Yes really. People die. Everyone dies eventually. It is sad when kids die. It truly is, but why you care what someone else believes is beyond me. I'm a agnostic from way back. I don't care what people believe so long as they don't try and impose their beliefs on me like you miserable militant atheists do.
if only that were true...
if you truly didn't care what people believed then you wouldn't feel the need to defend it.
btw there are far more militant Christians then atheists and they've been imposing their beliefs on everybody and everything for a couple of millennia...

Where do you live? I want to send a few Christians to your house Sunday and forcefully, if necessary, take you to Church and impose Christianity on you. That is what you meant by impose is it not?

I thanked the Lord for sparing me the night that a car that I was in got struck by lightning as well as the day that someone tried to break into my home while I was still in it.
God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. The lightning strike was 2 days after 20th birthday in 2002 and the break attempt was the Friday of Memorial day weekend in 2009. It was still daylight when that happened, but a car was not in the driveway at the time.

Have you ever seen an athlete thanking god at the end of a game ? I mean really dude, you are upset about this ?
Again I ask, how old are you ?

Why don't you answer my questions first and please....a sports analogy?

Your question about why god would save a person, then turn around and let a bus load of school kids die in a flaming crash, is also an age old question, and has been asked a million times before this. Again, I think you're making way too much out of this. It's almost like when you pass someone on the street, and they ask you how you're doing.
Thanking god is practically a natural reflex of our vocabulary. I do it, and I don't even believe in god.

By the way, hate to sound cliche, but I'll bet a million dollars had the person said they thanked "Allah", instead of saying "god", you'd never had uttered a peep.

Agreed ,and If she had thanked Obama, his praise would be unlimited.

if that were the case you'd be in a "special peoples prison till the sun explodes

They don't need to be imprisoned, they just need to use their heads. These silly nurses didn't

My commentary goes back to the old one about why god sends a bus full of children over a bridge but Bernie Madoff will probably die peacefully of old age, surrounded by his loved ones, great doctors and fantastic medical care.

Well, that analogy kind of sucks because one of Madoffs sons has already committed suicide. His wife and other kids have had their wealth taken from them and are ostracized by all who knew them. But other than those facts you might have a point.

Oh really? If I gave you a laundry list of all the people who have escaped god's wrath while others died, then you'd have to skip the next 5 hikes into the mountains.

Yes really. People die. Everyone dies eventually. It is sad when kids die. It truly is, but why you care what someone else believes is beyond me. I'm a agnostic from way back. I don't care what people believe so long as they don't try and impose their beliefs on me like you miserable militant atheists do.
if you truly didn't care what people believed then you wouldn't feel the need to defend it.
btw there are far more militant Christians then atheists and they've been imposing their beliefs on everybody and everything for a couple of millennia...

I defend the right of people, yes even you, to believe as they wish. It is you and your fellow militant atheists who wish to impose your values and ideals on others. First by ridicule and when that invariably fails by force. The degree of force that you will try and employ, or approve of is of course dependent on your level of scumbaggery.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but if I caught ebola and sometime after found out I was ebola-free and I won't be dying a horrific death--with bodily fluids issuing from every orifice and in massive pain--I'd be thanking God. Too bad for all the others who died--maybe they're in heaven--but I'm ebola free! :thup:

Amber Vinson at the press conference now, first words are to thank god. Because that's why she survived? I guess god just doesn't love 15000 dead Liberians like he loves her. What a stupid idiot. The Pham chick thanked god, too. How fucking arrogant.

Official WHO Ebola toll near 5,000 with true number nearer 15,000
Official WHO Ebola toll near 5 000 with true number nearer 15 000 Reuters

I will give you 10 to 1 she would pray for you if you had Ebola, even tho you are a jerk. That is what Christians do.
even if others find that offensive? that's not imposing your belief on others, no not at all....

I defend the right of people, yes even you, to believe as they wish. It is you and your fellow militant atheists who wish to impose your values and ideals on others. First by ridicule and when that invariably fails by force. The degree of force that you will try and employ, or approve of is of course dependent on your level of scumbaggery.

NoTeapartyass is the classic "asshole atheist" Who desires freedom from religion, not freedom of religion.

She cared enough about ONE of them in Dallas to risk infection.
that 's her job and it goes with the territory.....next bogus rationalization....

Amber Vinson at the press conference now, first words are to thank god. Because that's why she survived? I guess god just doesn't love 15000 dead Liberians like he loves her. What a stupid idiot. The Pham chick thanked god, too. How fucking arrogant.

I will give you 10 to 1 she would pray for you if you had Ebola, even tho you are a jerk. That is what Christians do.
even if others find that offensive? that's not imposing your belief on others, no not at all....

It isn't. How is someone praying for you imposing their beliefs on you?

Where do you live? I want to send a few Christians to your house Sunday and forcefully, if necessary, take you to Church and impose Christianity on you. That is what you meant by impose is it not?
false fuck stick ....you know exactly what I mean when I say impose
also if you sent Christians to my house to force your pov on me you'd be doing the very thing you are whining about.
besides Christians already do come to people's homes uninvited to attempt to impose their belief system, they are call missionaries..

can you say rationalize ? I knew you could -Fred rogers

also if you sent Christians to my house to force your pov on me you'd be doing the very thing you are whining about.
besides Christians already do come to people's homes uninvited to attempt to impose their belief system, they are call missionaries..

It's called politely telling them "no thank you" and closing the door. A whole 30 seconds of inconvenience.

NoTeapartyass is the classic "asshole atheist" Who desires freedom from religion, not freedom of religion.
you're the classic al carte Christian that hasn't got the smarts to understand that freedom of religion is also freedom from religion......

can you say rationalize ? I knew you could -Fred rogers

Rationalize? I think you don't know what that word means.

It isn't. How is someone praying for you imposing their beliefs on you?
even you should know the answer to that captain obvious..

It's called politely telling them "no thank you" and closing the door. A whole 30 seconds of inconvenience.
more rationalizing ...it does not change their intent...

Forum List

Back