Another Idiot Thanks God

Because God is on the side of Americans. Unless he is punishing them with tornadoes and hurricanes.

I gather by the OP's standards that no one should ever be grateful for anything in their lives because someone else's life just sucked today.

Yowzah. That's just crazy.

why do you care so much about what inspires this nurse to be grateful...?

notice you have to put words into her mouth as if you have a point... speaking of ARROGANT. :anj_stfu:

I didn't put words into her mouth. Those were her very first words when she took the mic. She thanked god more than anything else.

A better question is why do you not care about the 15000 people who died? Did they not love the big invisible man enough?

Have you ever seen an athlete thanking god at the end of a game ? I mean really dude, you are upset about this ?
Again I ask, how old are you ?

Why don't you answer my questions first and please....a sports analogy?

Your question about why god would save a person, then turn around and let a bus load of school kids die in a flaming crash, is also an age old question, and has been asked a million times before this. Again, I think you're making way too much out of this. It's almost like when you pass someone on the street, and they ask you how you're doing.
Thanking god is practically a natural reflex of our vocabulary. I do it, and I don't even believe in god.

By the way, hate to sound cliche, but I'll bet a million dollars had the person said they thanked "Allah", instead of saying "god", you'd never had uttered a peep.

They don't need to be imprisoned, they just need to use their heads. These silly nurses didn't

My commentary goes back to the old one about why god sends a bus full of children over a bridge but Bernie Madoff will probably die peacefully of old age, surrounded by his loved ones, great doctors and fantastic medical care.

Well, that analogy kind of sucks because one of Madoffs sons has already committed suicide. His wife and other kids have had their wealth taken from them and are ostracized by all who knew them. But other than those facts you might have a point.

Oh really? If I gave you a laundry list of all the people who have escaped god's wrath while others died, then you'd have to skip the next 5 hikes into the mountains.

Yes really. People die. Everyone dies eventually. It is sad when kids die. It truly is, but why you care what someone else believes is beyond me. I'm a agnostic from way back. I don't care what people believe so long as they don't try and impose their beliefs on me like you miserable militant atheists do.
if only that were true...
if you truly didn't care what people believed then you wouldn't feel the need to defend it.
btw there are far more militant Christians then atheists and they've been imposing their beliefs on everybody and everything for a couple of millennia...

I defend the right of people to believe in what they wish without asshats telling them they're stupid, or morons, or mentally deficient. This the USA, it is NOT some country where a small group of elitists get to tell others what they can, or cannot believe.
it's not ? someone should let the Christian right know that ..
it's ironic that Christians believe they have the right to talk shit about what other believe or don't believe but when it's reversed they go batshit.

It's sad that you must hurl your vitriol on this person and her statement. That probably explains why you are so miserable. I suggest you seek counseling or some other activity that will elevate you out of the pit you're so obviously in.

Take up sports, or long walks in the woods. Something, anything, to get you out from behind your computer. It is making you a sad, sad person.

Says you who is on here 24/7....

You might notice I'm a Mod here. I'm supposed to be here 24/7 to keep you silly people out of trouble. I'm also old, and retired. And I take long hikes in the Sierra Nevada mountains almost every day. I practice what I preach.

No, I didn't notice your lofty position of censor here. That's because, despite what you said, I don't spend a lot of time on this board. Got it, Swifty?

Yes, I gathered your powers of observation were as limited as your overall mental capacity. You miserable whiners seem to be afflicted in that way. What was it that got you so hostile and angry at the world?

You have to hurl insults at me because you can't rationalize the behavior of these "Christians" who ignore the fact that thousands have died while they have lived, and they say it was god who saved them. What if they had been sickened in a third world country like Liberia? Would god have loved them just as much? Or would they have been doomed to the same fate as the others?

What is your mental capacity?

Man are you ever digging a hole. Guess it's better to just stand back and allow you to make a fool out of yourself.

GOD already sent the OP TWO warnings, perhaps the third will be permanent?

since that's japan it's most likely Godzilla ...not god.

Stop trying to take the God out of Godzilla. :biggrin:
I'm not, jerry Farwell changed the name from gojiro to Godzilla because to him it sounded Satanistic :wtf:

Wait...are you for real? If so, lol.
the story is complete fabrication but I thought it would lighten the mood!

GOD already sent the OP TWO warnings, perhaps the third will be permanent?

since that's japan it's most likely Godzilla ...not god.

Stop trying to take the God out of Godzilla. :biggrin:
I'm not, jerry Farwell changed the name from gojiro to Godzilla because to him it sounded Satanistic :wtf:

Wait...are you for real? If so, lol.
the story is complete fabrication but I thought it would lighten the mood!

It made me laugh. Startled the cat on fact.

How old are you ?
You realize this is something people have done for centuries, right ?

Wow, try reading more.
those same people have been slaughtering each other for just as long and thanking god for being on they're side.
oh the irony..
I have no problem with people doing that sparingly

The point is, who cares who they thank, and regardless, "thanking god" is older than the pyramids.
It amazes me that someone would be upset about this, and they take it so literally.
you've no proof that thanking god is older than the pyramids I was with you till you said that.

Now you're doing it too. The point is simply that it's a very old thing to do.

How old are you ?
You realize this is something people have done for centuries, right ?

Wow, try reading more.
those same people have been slaughtering each other for just as long and thanking god for being on they're side.
oh the irony..
I have no problem with people doing that sparingly

The point is, who cares who they thank, and regardless, "thanking god" is older than the pyramids.
It amazes me that someone would be upset about this, and they take it so literally.
you've no proof that thanking god is older than the pyramids I was with you till you said that.

Now you're doing it too. The point is simply that it's a very old thing to do.
thanks captain obvious..

Amber Vinson at the press conference now, first words are to thank god. Because that's why she survived? I guess god just doesn't love 15000 dead Liberians like he loves her. What a stupid idiot. The Pham chick thanked god, too. How fucking arrogant.

Official WHO Ebola toll near 5,000 with true number nearer 15,000
Official WHO Ebola toll near 5 000 with true number nearer 15 000 Reuters
I thank God he saved her life.
that's nice ....no evidence to support it but nice anyway...

Amber Vinson at the press conference now, first words are to thank god. Because that's why she survived? I guess god just doesn't love 15000 dead Liberians like he loves her. What a stupid idiot. The Pham chick thanked god, too. How fucking arrogant.

If you thank God Libs think you're an asshole.
If you follow Islam and you feel it's your duty to kill Infidels...

Well Libs don't mind that so much.

It's sad that you must hurl your vitriol on this person and her statement. That probably explains why you are so miserable. I suggest you seek counseling or some other activity that will elevate you out of the pit you're so obviously in.

Take up sports, or long walks in the woods. Something, anything, to get you out from behind your computer. It is making you a sad, sad person.

Says you who is on here 24/7....

You might notice I'm a Mod here. I'm supposed to be here 24/7 to keep you silly people out of trouble. I'm also old, and retired. And I take long hikes in the Sierra Nevada mountains almost every day. I practice what I preach.

No, I didn't notice your lofty position of censor here. That's because, despite what you said, I don't spend a lot of time on this board. Got it, Swifty?

Yes, I gathered your powers of observation were as limited as your overall mental capacity. You miserable whiners seem to be afflicted in that way. What was it that got you so hostile and angry at the world?

You have to hurl insults at me because you can't rationalize the behavior of these "Christians" who ignore the fact that thousands have died while they have lived, and they say it was god who saved them. What if they had been sickened in a third world country like Liberia? Would god have loved them just as much? Or would they have been doomed to the same fate as the others?

What is your mental capacity?

My mental capacity is clearly far greater than yours because I don't care. You do. That makes you infinitely inferior to me!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Let me get this straight. In your world, people are not permitted to give thanks to their chosen deity nor are they free to practice religion?
North Korea awaits you. Here's your gray clothing. See ya, trooper.

If you thank God Libs think you're an asshole.
If you follow Islam and you feel it's your duty to kill Infidels...

Well Libs don't mind that so much.
Ain't that 10 gallon hatload of irony.

I will give you 10 to 1 she would pray for you if you had Ebola, even tho you are a jerk. That is what Christians do.

Forum List

Back