Another Ignorant Homophobe publicly shame and humiliated

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
We get closer and closer to the day when these people can no longer call themselves 'Christians' without being laughed off the stage.

AZ Wedding Planner Denies Lesbian Couple: What About 'My Freedom'?

An Arizona wedding planner last week refused to work with a same-sex couple once she realized that they were gay.

Kenyata White found Susan Latimer's wedding planning business online and started working with Latimer to plan a December wedding. White referred to her fiancée Chrystal Allen just as her fiancée during the first stages of the planning process.

But when White mentioned her fiancée by name, Latimer, an ordained minister, said she could no longer plan the wedding.

"We are very uncomfortable with same-sex marriage as it is directly against our beliefs. We would not be a very good fit," Latimer wrote to White a week ago.

"It was just crazy that she (Rev. Latimer) just completely turned," White said about the email, according to KTAR. "I really felt like our conversations and our interaction was really genuine, and she really did like me at first."

Because the business, AffordableWeddingMinisters.com is run by two ordained ministers, Latimer's refusal may not be illegal.

Attorney Brendan Mahoney, who helped draft the Phoenix LGBT anti-discrimination law, told Arizona TV station 12 News that the First Amendment protects religious businesses from anti-discrimination law.

If it is run by ministers....I don't believe it should be illegal....but it depends on AZ's PA (public accomodation) laws and how they are written.

We get closer and closer to the day when these people can no longer call themselves 'Christians' without being laughed off the stage.

An Arizona wedding planner last week refused to work with a same-sex couple once she realized that they were gay.

Kenyata White found Susan Latimer's wedding planning business online and started working with Latimer to plan a December wedding. White referred to her fiancée Chrystal Allen just as her fiancée during the first stages of the planning process.

But when White mentioned her fiancée by name, Latimer, an ordained minister, said she could no longer plan the wedding.

"We are very uncomfortable with same-sex marriage as it is directly against our beliefs. We would not be a very good fit," Latimer wrote to White a week ago.

"It was just crazy that she (Rev. Latimer) just completely turned," White said about the email, according to KTAR. "I really felt like our conversations and our interaction was really genuine, and she really did like me at first."

Because the business, AffordableWeddingMinisters.com is run by two ordained ministers, Latimer's refusal may not be illegal.

Attorney Brendan Mahoney, who helped draft the Phoenix LGBT anti-discrimination law, told Arizona TV station 12 News that the First Amendment protects religious businesses from anti-discrimination law.

Fuck off and die, Hazel-bitch.

If it is run by ministers....I don't believe it should be illegal....but it depends on AZ's PA (public accomodation) laws and how they are written.

Why do only ministers get religious freedom? I fail to see that limitation in the 1st amendment.

Why do only ministers get religious freedom? I fail to see that limitation in the 1st amendment.
Religion IS their business.

So again, why do they get 1st amendment protections, where a non minister, with the exact same belief structure would not?

I fail to see the shame and humiliation mentioned in the thread title.

Having red the article, it would appear as though Reverend Latimer has protections under Arizona law. The reverend doesn't seem the least bit shamed or humiliated...

I know! Hazel doesn't know the definition of those words! That explains quite a bit...

They wanted a cake in the form of a half eaten gegegegege.

What nerve Hazel has to bitch about intolerance in the Christian religion, when she herself is part of the most intolerant religion of all.

Legal / illegal -- agree with the notion that it depends on the nature of the business or organization.

But the shaming must happen every time!!

Just like we shamed the segregationists (who waved the same Bible).

Just like we shamed the slave owners (who waved the same Bible).

You feel better now?

There is no shame for the wedding planner to argue the case. The PA law will be the rule, and that will be the end of it.

Oh look -- another topic where Whacknut proudly displays her mindless partisan bigotry.

You are clueless as to what it means to be a Christian. You cry about Christians judging and then you judge Christians with unfounded accusations, hypocrite.

Damn. I apologize. I didn't realize that you are a peter puffer. My bad.............fuck you and your gay wedding.

Forum List

Back