Another , it aint his fault story

But the newspaper said...and we don't question what the newspaper says unless it involves the FLDS or some idiots in Miami scamming the FBI.

You are a dishonest dumb shit. But do pretend otherwise. The family did not " just want to know what happened" they claimed he could not, would not, have done what the police and 5 witnesses say he did. As for the " only the paper said it" get a clue dip shit, the paper tilted the piece for the family and if the witnesses did NOT agree then THAT sure as HELL would be in that piece OR in the many to follow because the cops lied.

Go ahead keep making excuses.

You are a dishonest dumb shit. But do pretend otherwise. The family did not " just want to know what happened" they claimed he could not, would not, have done what the police and 5 witnesses say he did. As for the " only the paper said it" get a clue dip shit, the paper tilted the piece for the family and if the witnesses did NOT agree then THAT sure as HELL would be in that piece OR in the many to follow because the cops lied.

Go ahead keep making excuses.

I can't figure out what you are whining about. As I stated above, if the article is correct, the cop acted appropriately. You are overlooking a few things. The school did apparently know the kid had problems and the autopsy revealed the trajectory of the bullet shows it came from above, not below.

I imagine the cop did the best he could in a bad situation and unlike you I try to avoid judging using my own bias.

RGS: If the press report is accurate, and the family sues anyway, you will have a point. But I don't see the purpose in making a BFD "for making stupid comments in a moment of great pain."

And you are not believing 6 witnesses. You are believing one reporter who wrote the story. I've been quoted in the paper, but I've never been quoted accurately. And thus I do not assume that everything I read is true.

Appropriate, but not possible. The officer was already down. The "taser" that fires electrified wires is too clumsy and requires more time to deploy than the cop had. And the taser that requires contact isn't something you could get past a swinging bat, especially if you've already been hit.

Which is why when somebody is swinging something at you, you are best served (if you can't get out of reach) to get within the swing radius.

I learned that from having brothers. They'd be tormenting me and I'd freak them out by running up to them, within the reach of whatever they were swinging (or snapping, in the event of towel useage) and yank it away from them.

I could read at age 2, and I wasn't pushed to learn; I was just given access to books and was read to often (there are many photos of me as a wee one, sitting in the lap of some family member with a book spread out across my lap, my gaze directed at the book and a look of concentration on my face). I distinctly remember lessons on the alphabet and simple words in nursery school, and reading and writing came easily to me in elementary school (and beyond).

I'm not arguing, but I'm curious - because it's hard for me to imagine refraining from teaching reading and writing until a child is 8 years old (that's what? Second or third grade?) - which sorts of teaching methods have been shown to be in conflict with the way children learn, and what are the "formal" types of lessons that studies show should be delayed until such a late age?

Incidentally, in my public elementary school, starting in the 1st grade, students were grouped by reading level and given separate instruction accordingly. Developmental and learning differences seemed to be accounted for by this; lessons were adapted to be the most beneficial to each student according to his or her capacities and skills. But every student received some kind of formal instruction...

It's a matter of formal lessons. You still read with the child. Work on letter recognition. By formal I mean structured lessons. And that's mostly for the writing part of it. I feel if you push it too early, you will cause dislike in the child's heart. Especially if the child is dyslexic. Most schools don't know how to deal with dyslexics. They don't provide the tools needed. When you realize 1/4 to 1/3 of the population is dyslexic, it's pathetic that our schools don't deal with it at all in most cases.

I think it's wonderful that you where reading at age 2. You are the exception to the rule when it comes to kids and reading. Most don't pick it up with full comprehension until a lot later than 2 yrs old. Myself I was 3 but didn't have comprehension until 8 or 9.

Does that explain things better for you?

Which is why when somebody is swinging something at you, you are best served (if you can't get out of reach) to get within the swing radius.

True, but again not possible if you are already down and the kid is winding up for another swing at you.

Here you go, RGS.
The police officer's bullet that killed a Roosevelt High School sophomore entered the teen's right shoulder in a slightly downward angle and hit an artery, causing him to bleed to death in a few minutes, a pathologist said Friday.

Dr. Michael Chambliss said it's too early to draw any conclusions about the bullet's path in the shooting of 17-year-old Jesus "Jesse" Carrizales.

Police Chief Jerry Dyer said Friday the shooting happened so fast that police "may never be able to explain" every detail of it.

Dyer said officer Junus Perry fatally shot Carrizales after the teen struck the officer in the head with a sawed-off baseball bat on the campus Wednesday. With the teen standing over him, ready to strike again, the fallen officer pulled a gun from his ankle holster and shot the teen in the chest, Dyer said. No witness has disputed Dyer's version.

But a forsenic expert said Chambliss' findings raise questions about the police version of the shooting.

http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/538222.html

The police officer could have shot the boy as he was coming down with the bat. There are plenty of explinations that would make it "seem" as though the shot came from above. Note, the "diagram" below. lol. This is an official autopsy diagram. (j/k)

Attachments

• $Stick.JPG
    $Stick.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 63
The police officer could have shot the boy as he was coming down with the bat. There are plenty of explinations that would make it "seem" as though the shot came from above. Note, the "diagram" below. lol. This is an official autopsy diagram. (j/k)

No No, the cops bribed 5 students and a probation officer to lie for them. We all know it, Only Ravir is willing to admit it..

I've never met a school resource officer that couldn't use a little work with a bat, though.

Forum List

Back