ANOTHER mass shooting? TIme to grow up folks; HOW do we address this?

Progs cant begin to fill the mass graves until they get the guns away from us

DylanThorazine.jpg

Tell Hollywood and the music industry to stop glorifying use of violent expression and revenge. Life imitates art (SEE Taxi Driver). Mentally unstable people see these movies and listen to these songs and process in their minds that violence using guns and other means are acceptable forms of expression. How many Hollywood elite who profited on such art will be standing around cocktail parties pontificating that all citizens must not have access to guns? Maybe Michael Moore (Bowling For Columbine) will enter and leave with his entourage (who are carrying guns).

We all agree - except for the fringe - that some people in society must have the right to keep and bear arms infringed. Felons, those with serious mental illnesses; those who use and abuse drugs and alcohol, domestic violence offenders, etc.

Those who commit atrocious acts of violence, mass murder as we all saw yesterday, do not necessarily show up on LE Radar and thusly are not flagged in background checks.

We need to come up with pragmatic solutions to a recurring problem and cannot do so unless both sides come to the table; a goal of reaching a compromise able to limit the ability of a crazed shooter to inflict the amount of carnage which we saw yesterday would seem palatable to all.

We never hear ideas to prevent such tragic events as happened yesterday from one side of the debate. They generally post over and over about their rights but rarely acknowledge the rights of the victims of gun violence (that includes those who died, their families and friends, first responders, journalists, and the general public who watched yesterday's crime unfold on TV).

I have several problems with what you said
Felons not being allowed firearms: If a person has repaid their debt too society they should also have the same rights as anyone else. Their are many none violent felons

those with serious mental illnesses: Who do we allow to deem a person unfit to have a firearm? Some over zealous anti gun phd walling hanging nut?

Has the government given you a reason to trust it to be the only sole entity to have access to firearms? I've been on both sides so I can say the government should not be allowed to be the only entity access to firearms.

Why do people NEED guns? Hunting and sport are wants, not needs. Not in this day and age.

No one has to hunt anymore? Seriously?

Is that the best you can come up with? That only reinforces my point that we can easily restrict gun ownership much more tightly to those who need a weapon for hunting.
The right to bear arms is not preeminently for hunting - it is to assure that there is a strong militia to defend against tyranny!

I am an asshole that just calls it as I see it. I don't pull any punches so shut the fuck up.

Oh yea? Why don't you elaborate on how you see the world then with your little monkey eyes for us? A lot of those people you want to throw in these so called readily available mental instutiions are Veterns suffering from PSTD. Suppose they're just worthelss pieces of shit to you that don't deserve proper care and treatment.

I suppose you advocate throwing all those millions of people who suffer from mental illness yet take proper care of themselves and contribute to society in the same "readily availble" institutions.

The problem with the way you see things is it's thru shit screen filters. You haven't a clue about mental illness and you come across as a genuine asshole with your low brow thinking on hard issues.

So the STFU'ing needs to be coming from your corner dick head.

Suppose they're just worthelss pieces of shit to you that don't deserve proper care and treatment.
Those are your words and thoughts not mine.

Nothing stops crazies.

You should witness a gun free zone, :lol: Like Toronto....All the criminals have the guns, sad day for normal people. They have nothing. :eusa_angel:

Now I'm out west again. My conservative government has finally let us get our long guns back.

we're gonna rock on percussion because my husband knows how to re load without buying.

I don't have a clue how he does this. But I shall learn this year. He can make his own bullets. It's crazy.

But I'm going to rock solid on bow.We are going to load up. It will take you longer to try to get rid of bows than it will guns. This I can do on my own. Been a long time. I'm traditional but you should see all the new gadgets.

I just got the latest cabela catalogue. Lord take me home it's so awesome.

Oh and by the way, how does one outlaw crazy?

You're a good example of someone who should never be allowed near a gun.

No I am the perfect hunter and gatherer compared to you fool who goes to a mall to vest her interest into food sources packaged in plastic. I've seen your greens. I've seen how you love your greens packaged in tight little plastic boxes that come from so many miles away damaging the planet as the trucks roll from California to New York. You hypocrite.

I am a conservationist. You are an asshole. You are the perfect green asshole.

And Sarah G I just finished my last Lemon Boys in November and I have now put all my non GMO babies into their places. You are such an idiot.

You see what I mean? What the fuck are you talking about.. You can't be all that green sitting here typing all day.

Comon girl, get out there and shoot your supper.

Well, now we have it. The 'Conservatives' on this board are just fine with twenty little children being gunned down. Just don't breath a word that the availability of the weopons might be part of the problem. And the sick psychology of the worship of guns by the far right.

They're always on the wrong side of the issues Americans care about.

right and you liberals are always on the right side...we know that's what you like to believe
good grief..

A HUNDRED americans killed EVERY DAY on the highways and nothing is done about that.

That's a lie. Autos are well regulated. Drivers are licensed. There are fewer fatalities in car accidents today than 30 years ago, and most of it is due to mandated safety equipment.

Think about it folks, is taking a gun away going to make idiots like this man any more sane?

What keeping guns out of his hands may do is limit the amount of carnage but it isn't going to make him sane.

So here are my suggestions.

1. No more online gun sales.

2. If you want to own a HANDGUN or an ASSULT weapon then you are responsible for gun control. IF you lose control, as in the weapon is used in a crime, then you are also held responsible. Even if the gun were stolen. If you want to have a killer dog then you must keep that dog away from society. If it escapes and hurts someone then you will be found responsible. It could be no different with hand guns and assault weapons. You have the freedom to own them you just have to have the responsibility to control them.

Think about it folks, is taking a gun away going to make idiots like this man any more sane?

What keeping guns out of his hands may do is limit the amount of carnage but it isn't going to make him sane.

2. If you want to own a HANDGUN or an ASSULT weapon then you are responsible for gun control. IF you lose control, as in the weapon is used in a crime, then you are also held responsible. Even if the gun were stolen. If you want to have a killer dog then you must keep that dog away from society. If it escapes and hurts someone then you will be found responsible. It could be no different with hand guns and assault weapons. You have the freedom to own them you just have to have the responsibility to control them.

There isn't any part of this post I can disagree with.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

if that's the case than someone steals your car then you're responsible for a crime if there is one committed..
sorry don't like any of it

More guns equals more violence and death. More innocent lives destroyed for the wealth of the merchents of death. I think you are going to see this reaction across the nation.
Except that stament is blatantly false. Gun ownership has increased dramatically and gun violence has mostly decreased. More guns clearly does NOT equal more violence and death. The reality is that the amount and prevoloence of guns most likely has little impact outside of the ability for law abiding citizens to actually protect themselves.

Why do people NEED guns? Hunting and sport are wants, not needs. Not in this day and age.

Thats part of the perks of living in a "free" society. Others needs are not determined by your opinion of what their needs should be. In fact, a person's needs are not even relevant to the conversation.

What need is there for you as an individual to say whatever stupid shit you want? It serves little or no purpose and does not promote the greater good.

So you don't have an actual answer. Got it.
That not only was an answer, it was by far the best that can be given. To put it another way as you seem to have missed the entire point: what you perceive as my 'needs' is entirely irrelevant to my rights. What you, or anyone for that matter, think I need does not erase the rights that I have. No matter how much you believe I do not or do need a forearm is completely outside influencing my rights.

I do not need to explain why I need a firearm. I have the right to own one and you cannot infringe that right without just cause.

The arguments for grater gun control fall flat as there is nothing backing them up. You show me where licensing would have changed this outcome? Waiting periods? Stricter control?

No, none of those would have mattered at all. Then there is the fact that gun control advocates have passed stricter gun laws all over the country at one time or another. Were those instances followed with a decrease in crime or murders? So far, no one has provided any such evidence whatsoever mostly because it does not exist. The opposite happens to be true, stricter gun laws typically lead to greater crime rates.

Interestingly enough, one factor would have solved this: a responsible teacher carrying a gun. THAT actually would have prevented the majority of this tragedy. That is the ONLY solution that all the liberals seem to completely ignore. They all jump on the stronger weapon laws bandwagon even without any actual data to show that has any positive effect. We don't need the criminals or the crazies to be the ONLY one with a weapon. The OP's little stint about the cops was even more laughable. The cops rarely stop a crime. They only show up after. This was the case here as well. The entire incident was over very quickly and the sad reality is that cops cannot be everywhere at once. They have almost no power to stop tragedies of this from occurring. All they can do is clean up after.

Even if you were to make guns vanish from the face of the earth entirely, you can use other means to inflict even GRATER chaos. A simple bomb can be even more destructive and the materials needed are easy to obtain. IT is also not like things like this never happened before. You are seeing it more now because the media is more prolific now than ever and there are grater concentrations of people than ever before. The larger the population gets, the tighter we pack together, the greater number of mentally unstable people will be around and the more tragic incidents are going to occur. That is a simple numbers game.

I am open to solutions. EOTS has some very good points about pharmaceuticals and I agree there is a very real problem with drugging people rather than allowing them to deal with their problems but this thread is not offering solutions. It is taking a tragic event and using that with a strong emotional reaction to push a process that has been shown to be completely ineffective. If you really wanted a solution you would not be jumping on the 'take the guns away' bandwagon and suggesting asinine things that have ZERO connection to the event you are referencing.

We don't need cars either. Certainly not cars that do 120 mph. But you support that. THINK

But cars are needed. You said it yourself. Now try and answer why anyone NEEDS a gun.

Why do you need a TV? Computer? Dishwasher? Knives?

What we need is a moral base in this country that has definitely been eroded over the last 3 decades or so. As America moves away from a belief in God we become morally corrupt and wonder why.
I disagree.

I think it has more to do with the poor becoming poorer, and the middle class joining them slowly over the decades. An unhappy populous is going to do unhappy things.

Somehow, the USA went from its inception to the mid-1960s before we experienced a major school mass shooting (University of Texas...1966). Since then, it has gone to High School, Middle School, and now Kindergarten. What happened? Guns were available all of that time (couple hundred years). Why all of the violence now?
Impatience???

Baseball-bats are more labor-intensive, and....per all the rumors....pot-heads are using all the axes.

Somehow, the USA went from its inception to the mid-1960s before we experienced a major school mass shooting (University of Texas...1966). Since then, it has gone to High School, Middle School, and now Kindergarten. What happened? Guns were available all of that time (couple hundred years). Why all of the violence now?

Liberalism. That's the only thing that's different

So.....because o' Liberalism.....people are being murdered, more-efficiently, presently??

I'm fairly-certain it was a "conservative" who came-up with the 30-round-clip.

But cars are needed. You said it yourself. Now try and answer why anyone NEEDS a gun.

What we need is a moral base in this country that has definitely been eroded over the last 3 decades or so. As America moves away from a belief in God we become morally corrupt and wonder why.
I disagree.

I think it has more to do with the poor becoming poorer, and the middle class joining them slowly over the decades. An unhappy populous is going to do unhappy things.

So you are saying that the poor, who have ipads, big screen TVs, and obviously eat well are poorer? Not really true. Besides, a moral base is not measured by income.

The video I am posting is a documentary about about totalitarian gun control in the 20th century. Over 170 million people were ruthlessly murdered in the 20th century at the hands of totalitarian regimes because they were disarmed by these totalitarian regimes. Disarm the people and they have no way of defending themselves from criminals and evil governments.

Good people have the right to possess firearms with which to defend themselves from bad people with firearms!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pKasF6l3y0]gun control The History of Gun Control - FULL LENGTH - YouTube[/ame]

I disagree.

So you are saying that the poor, who have ipads, big screen TVs, and obviously eat well are poorer?
Than they were a decade ago? Yes. I am saying exactly that. I'm not sure how you can think that people can buy as much or more today than they could back then given the devaluing the dollar without wages keeping pace... But I guess you are a person of faith. I would simply ask you to have that with your deity, and not the economy or US government's involvement there of. Please.. Question those. If you think I'm lying, by all means... Do your own research and prove me wrong.

Besides, a moral base is not measured by income.
That's true. It's one of many causes of it.

But going by what you just said if you actually believe that... The wide spread of religion certainly isn't any indication that morality is present either. In fact it could show the opposite is true.

Forum List

Back