Another reason anti-gun extremists want universal background checks, and this doesn't have anything to do with crime either...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
John Lott...Phd. in economics and authority on gun ownership......was on the Colin Noir podcast and they discussed various issues...including background checks....

In New York, it costs 125 dollars to get a background check to transfer a gun.....that is each gun,

This reveals another reason anti-gun extremists push universal background checks...they want to get rid of private collections of guns by going after guns when someone dies. If a widow has a gun collection from a dead husband, and she wants to give the guns to her children...it will cost 125 dollars for each gun.....it isn't a matter of doing a background check on the individual...the anti-gun extremists made it so that it is per gun.....

If you have a collection of 20 guns....that is 2,500 dollars.....just to pass on the guns or sell the guns.....

John Lott...Phd. in economics and authority on gun ownership......was on the Colin Noir podcast and they discussed various issues...including background checks....

In New York, it costs 125 dollars to get a background check to transfer a gun.....that is each gun,

This reveals another reason anti-gun extremists push universal background checks...they want to get rid of private collections of guns by going after guns when someone dies. If a widow has a gun collection from a dead husband, and she wants to give the guns to her children...it will cost 125 dollars for each gun.....it isn't a matter of doing a background check on the individual...the anti-gun extremists made it so that it is per gun.....

If you have a collection of 20 guns....that is 2,500 dollars.....just to pass on the guns or sell the guns.....
That is New York. Normal states don't have any requirements like that and background check is covered under the cost of your carry permit. I think the permit was like $35.00 bucks when I got mine. I do believe there should be universal background checks for all out of immediate family transfers, and even inside, the one making the transfer should be held liable for knowingly transferring a weapon to a family member that would fail a normal background check.

. . . so what you are saying, is the elites will get to own guns, but the poor will be disbarred from the 2nd Amendment rights?

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

That sounds pretty damned unconstitutional to me. . .

Anyway. . I don't live in NY, so.. .

iu

New York is very expensive. I hear even a small apartment can cost as much as $2500 a month.

. . . so what you are saying, is the elites will get to own guns, but the poor will be disbarred from the 2nd Amendment rights?

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

That sounds pretty damned unconstitutional to me. . .

Anyway. . I don't live in NY, so.. .

iu
It is not like that in the state where I live, nor the 30 states I am licensed for. Is that how it is in the other 20 states or is just like that for New York and probably California? I am like you about New York. I don't live there and none of my business if those people choose to live there like that, with those kinds of monetary and regulatory impediments to their rights.

Universal background checks are a path to universal registration - because otherwise they cannot be enforced.

No one wonders why the Democrats want to know who has what guns.

Forum List

Back