Another republican too eager to kill

It is not the ultimate outcome if the other measures work. It is the last resort, not the first choice
I will agree to that. However, how many people have the money to ensure that the animal can't escape?

Remember, animal control will do an inspection, and if your yard doesn't meet specific requirements, your dog dies.

I will agree to that. However, how many people have the money to ensure that the animal can't escape?

Remember, animal control will do an inspection, and if your yard doesn't meet specific requirements, your dog dies.

Let me tell you a little story so you will know my view on such things....we got our first family dog when my daughter was in kindergarten. She picked it out from the pound herself. Two days after getting it home it got sick and we took it to a vet. The Vet told us it had Parvo and we could just take it back to be put down and they would give us another dog in its place.

We choose instead to find a new vet that told us how to care for the dog till it got better. The dog lived to be 13 and was a faithful member of the household for all those years.

Killing the dog should not have been the first option for Noem, it should have been the very last resort.

I have no idea.

You are never going to convince me that killing the dog was the right thing to do. But you can keep on trying if it makes you feel any better.
I know, for you it's political. So no amount of reasoning will change your mind. Ranch life is hard. Time is precious, no rancher is going to waste time on an animal that kills their livestock.

They are going to remove the threat and move on. They aren't going to spend money sending it to someplace else, where it will continue to be a problem, they aren't going to keep it in a cage, they aren't going to wait weeks or months for some nice person to come rescue it.

They don't have the time for those nice outcomes.

Your own ordinances that you posted up show that dangerous dogs are a problem in cities. Dogs in Reno are killed all the time in the pound. It is the very rare owner who goes through the time and expense to save them.

So, your complaint against Noem is unjustified.

Let me tell you a little story so you will know my view on such things....we got our first family dog when my daughter was in kindergarten. She picked it out from the pound herself. Two days after getting it home it got sick and we took it to a vet. The Vet told us it had Parvo and we could just take it back to be put down and they would give us another dog in its place.

We choose instead to find a new vet that told us how to care for the dog till it got better. The dog lived to be 13 and was a faithful member of the household for all those years.

Killing the dog should not have been the first option for Noem, it should have been the very last resort.
You weren't there, you don't live on a ranch so your opinion doesn't matter.

I too am a dog owner. I love her because she is a wonderful dog. My wife and I also nursed a puppy through parvo, it's a bitch, so good on you for doing it.

But, like us, you had the luxury of time, and money to do it.

Most don't.

I know, for you it's political. So no amount of reasoning will change your mind. Ranch life is hard. Time is precious, no rancher is going to waste time on an animal that kills their livestock.

They are going to remove the threat and move on. They aren't going to spend money sending it to someplace else, where it will continue to be a problem, they aren't going to keep it in a cage, they aren't going to wait weeks or months for some nice person to come rescue it.

They don't have the time for those nice outcomes.

Your own ordinances that you posted up show that dangerous dogs are a problem in cities. Dogs in Reno are killed all the time in the pound. It is the very rare owner who goes through the time and expense to save them.

So, your complaint against Noem is unjustified.

It has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with shooting a dog because it did not know the difference between a chicken and a pheasant

Noem is not some struggling rancher just getting by with no spare time. She is not your average rancher, she is worth 19 million fucking dollars. Ranching is more of a hobby for her than a way of life.

It has nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with shooting a dog because it did not know the difference between a chicken and a pheasant

Noem is not some struggling rancher just getting by with no spare time. She is not your average rancher, she is worth 19 million fucking dollars. Ranching is more of a hobby for her than a way of life.
It has everything to do with politics for you. Don't lie, you're not good at it. It doesn't matter how much money she has. It is about time.

Hers is a ranching family, always has been. I laid out the reasons, you don't like them, but your own ordinances that you posted explicitly lay out how dangerous dogs are dealt with.

At no point does the ordinance declare an animal will be taken from it's owner and entrusted to a rescue organization.

No, they say if specific requirements aren't met, the animal will be killed.

Your rules.

Live with them.

It has everything to do with politics for you. Don't lie, you're not good at it. It doesn't matter how much money she has. It is about time.

Hers is a ranching family, always has been. I laid out the reasons, you don't like them, but your own ordinances that you posted explicitly lay out how dangerous dogs are dealt with.

At no point does the ordinance declare an animal will be taken from it's owner and entrusted to a rescue organization.

No, they say if specific requirements aren't met, the animal will be killed.

Your rules.

Live with them.
Has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with humanity.

Noem showed how heartless she is and she considers her dogs to be livestock to be discarded when they no longer meet your needs

Move those Goal Posts..

You are moving from kill all dogs who bite to kill those who bite repeatedly
Not moving anything. Most people don't try and save their vicious dogs because of the time and money it will cost.

Not moving anything. Most people don't try and save their vicious dogs because of the time and money it will cost.
Wrong again Skippy

Most people will take that first bite as a warning and be more cautious with the freedom they allow their pet

Has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with humanity.

Noem showed how heartless she is and she considers her dogs to be livestock to be discarded when they no longer meet your needs
Nope. Your own ordinances specify that vicious dogs will be taken away from their owners and killed unless those owners do very specific and expensive actions.

Your ordinances don't send the dogs to rescue groups.

They simply kill them.

You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.

So yeah, it's all about politics or you would have never stuck your nose in it.

Nope. Your own ordinances specify that vicious dogs will be taken away from their owners and killed unless those owners do very specific and expensive actions.
Keeping your dog on a leash is not expensive

Forum List

Back