Another result of MAGA/Trumpism

You cons are stupid. America is great. The only problem is the middle class used to be greater. And over the past 40 years the rich got richer. So this is our only problem. The rich have taken over our government and it’s not looking out for we the people.

And how do the rich con voters into going along? Bullshit wedge issues like abortion and gays. That’s how they conned you. Or guns.

Democrats for the most part are no different. Under Obama the rich thrived, the middle class stagnated and the poor fell further behind.

Nope. You’re the one with the problem. You can’t see he and Harris are very similar on policy. Wake up!
You are PROJECTING what you feel about Trump onto him without an OUNCE of substance.
If your are down with the "progressive" COMMUNIST demented LEFT, just say so!
:rolleyes:

1. Weekends Off: Massive union strikes in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries led to shorter work weeks with weekends off. This allowed Americans to be home with loved ones instead of constantly working.
  2. Paid Vacations: With summer coming to a close, take time to thank your union for the paid vacation time that made it possible to rest and relax with your family.
  3. Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA): Unions spearheaded the fight that resulted in the passage of this law that gives eligible employees the right to take up to 12 weeks of job-protected unpaid leave annually for family and medical reasons.
  4. Breaks at Work—Including Lunch: Although they are now federally mandated, breaks haven't always been an employee right. Studies have shown, breaks provide important rest periods that improve safety and productivity.
  5. Sick Leave: Without paid sick leave, many workers couldn't afford to take the time necessary to recover from illnesses and accidents.
  6. Paid Holidays: Labor Day is one of nine paid holidays offered by most employers in the U.S. As you spend time with family and friends this Labor Day, thank your union.
  7. Military Leave: The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act ensures those that serve their country can keep civilian employment and benefits, and seek employment free from discrimination.
  8. 40-hour Work Week: Americans once worked 60 hours a week or more. It wasn't until the 1950's that 40-hour work weeks and 8-hour work days became standard across America thanks to union negotiations.
Musk and Trump took part in an audio-only conversation for close to two hours Monday night on X, formerly Twitter. The talk, which touched on a multitude of topics, began more than 40 minutes late due to a series of technical glitches on the social media platform that Musk purchased in late 2022.

At one point, Musk, who has endorsed Trump's 2024 presidential bid, mentioned his desire for a potential second Trump administration to form a "government efficiency commission," which he has volunteered to join. The former president then praised Musk for his handling of employees.

"I love it," Trump said. "You're the greatest ... I mean, I look at what you do. You just walk in and you just say, 'You wanna quit?' They go on strike, I won't mention the name of the company, but they go on strike and you say, 'That's OK, you're all gone ... Every one of you is gone.'"

"You are the greatest!" he added after Musk chuckled. "You would be very good [on the proposed commission]. Oh, you would love it."

You are PROJECTING what you feel about Trump onto him without an OUNCE of substance.
If your are down with the "progressive" COMMUNIST demented LEFT, just say so!
:rolleyes:
Trump sucks. That’s obvious. I voted for him in 2016 hoping he’d do what he said. Of course, he lied.

Obama could only do so much with what he had.

And he did the wrong things overall but to note, he had huge majorities his first two years before blowing them.

He promised Hispanics that one of his first acts would be to address the immigration issue. He didn't do squat until almost at the end with the Dreamers bit which really didn't address the issue in any meaningful way.

And he did the wrong things overall but to note, he had huge majorities his first two years before blowing them.

He promised Hispanics that one of his first acts would be to address the immigration issue. He didn't do squat until almost at the end with the Dreamers bit which really didn't address the issue in any meaningful way.
I have two eyes. I know Kamala is better for me than trump. I suspect you think trump is better at the economy. Lesser of two evils.

Your beloved Joe and K threw the railroad workers under the bus. Did you forget this?
You must have.

Biden Signs Bill Averting Strike, to Rail Unions' Dismay​

1725447845656.png
Voice of America
https://www.voanews.com › biden-signs-bill-to-block-u...

Dec 2, 2022 — Invoking the Railway Labor Act, the House and Senate passed legislation giving legal force to an agreement, brokered by the White House over the ...

June 20, 2023

After months of negotiations, the IBEW’s Railroad members at four of the largest U.S. freight carriers finally have what they’ve long sought but that many working people take for granted: paid sick days.

This is a big deal, said Railroad Department Director Al Russo, because the paid-sick-days issue, which nearly caused a nationwide shutdown of freight rail just before Christmas, had consistently been rejected by the carriers. It was not part of last December’s congressionally implemented update of the national collective bargaining agreement between the freight lines and the IBEW and 11 other railroad-related unions.

“We’re thankful that the Biden administration played the long game on sick days and stuck with us for months after Congress imposed our updated national agreement,” Russo said. “Without making a big show of it, Joe Biden and members of his administration in the Transportation and Labor departments have been working continuously to get guaranteed paid sick days for all railroad workers.

“We know that many of our members weren’t happy with our original agreement,” Russo said, “but through it all, we had faith that our friends in the White House and Congress would keep up the pressure on our railroad employers to get us the sick day benefits we deserve. Until we negotiated these new individual agreements with these carriers, an IBEW member who called out sick was not compensated.”

Trump: authoritarian, corporatist, warmonger, elitist

Harris: authoritarian, corporatist, warmonger, elitist

What’s the difference?
Did you see what I wrote in the previous post? America is great except in the last 40 years the middle class has stalled and the rich got richer than ever.

And it’s directly because of Republican policies. Try to take back those unwise tax breaks from the mega rich and which party cries? Wake up. You’re not rich enough to be a Republican. Sorry dems aren’t perfect. But I suspect you’d cry Commy! If they did any more.

Forum List

Back