Another result of MAGA/Trumpism

Fortunately there have been many Republicans who refused to go along with the farce that is MAGA/Trumpism, and I've been wondering all along how many of them have actually changed their positions on any issues because of it. In other words, I've been wondering if the closer proximity to Democrats had rubbed off on them in any way. Anecdotally, it kind of seemed like they had.

Anyway, here comes longtime conservative Mona Charen with an example of it: What Are We Conserving?

"None of us has the time or ability to become an expert in everything, so we use shortcuts. If person X agrees with me about anti-communism or phonics, I will be more likely to trust their views on Federal Reserve policy or some other topic that I know less about. We all outsource our judgment to some degree. But in the past nine years, too many people I formerly believed were honest and reliable have proven themselves capable of staggering dishonesty and bad faith. Someone said it’s like finding out that your spouse has been unfaithful or a friend has betrayed you. Suddenly you look back at the entire relationship with a jaundiced eye, interpreting everything differently.

"It’s been wrenching in some ways, but in the end, I’m grateful for the jolt. It has forced me to reconsider ideas that may have become calcified and opened me to people and perspectives I would previously have dismissed."

Trump (or, far more importantly, those who have enabled him and this disaster) has caused great damage to the Republican Party. And one of the ways is thathe has caused many in the party to re-evaluate where they stand politically.
In Arizona, John McStain and his policies of personal destruction, have destroyed the GOP. Now, because conservatives are fighting back The McStainites are defecting to the democrats. IOW: If we can't have power...you can't either.

Pretty soon they'll be marginalized to the point that we won't let them back.

That's funny.

Like it's Trumps fault.

The establishement created Trump by not listening to a great many voices.

So they rebelled, nominated (against the will of the establishment) and elected (against the will of the establishement) DJT.

Please don't tell me you are stupid enough to think the GOP was in very good shape prior to Trump.

Even YOU are not that dumb.

People like mac want Republicans to be Democrats that are simply under cover in the Republican Party.

People like mac want Republicans to be Democrats that are simply under cover in the Republican Party.

I get that concern that is expressed in the OP, but the fact is that he gave voice to a huge group. The establishment certainly didn't want him. So who did ?

And now the establishment is joining forces with others to remove that voice.

No wonder people are pissed.

Me: I wish Trump would shut up. He'll win on policy. He'll lose if he doesn't stop the attacks. If he blows this one....he is DONE.

Fortunately there have been many Republicans who refused to go along with the farce that is MAGA/Trumpism, and I've been wondering all along how many of them have actually changed their positions on any issues because of it. In other words, I've been wondering if the closer proximity to Democrats had rubbed off on them in any way. Anecdotally, it kind of seemed like they had.

Anyway, here comes longtime conservative Mona Charen with an example of it: What Are We Conserving?

"None of us has the time or ability to become an expert in everything, so we use shortcuts. If person X agrees with me about anti-communism or phonics, I will be more likely to trust their views on Federal Reserve policy or some other topic that I know less about. We all outsource our judgment to some degree. But in the past nine years, too many people I formerly believed were honest and reliable have proven themselves capable of staggering dishonesty and bad faith. Someone said it’s like finding out that your spouse has been unfaithful or a friend has betrayed you. Suddenly you look back at the entire relationship with a jaundiced eye, interpreting everything differently.

"It’s been wrenching in some ways, but in the end, I’m grateful for the jolt. It has forced me to reconsider ideas that may have become calcified and opened me to people and perspectives I would previously have dismissed."

Trump (or, far more importantly, those who have enabled him and this disaster) has caused great damage to the Republican Party. And one of the ways is thathe has caused many in the party to re-evaluate where they stand politically.
Your concern for the Repub party is touching.

Pk handed your ass to you, dumbass.
He did? Because I think I pointed out that the only problem America has is our economic system is only rewarding the rich. Turns out Bernie Sanders was right.

But you don't like it when Bernie or Elizabeth Warren say the truth. Instead you swallow Trump and RFK Jr's bullshit.

Kamala is going to hand Trump his ass.

I get that concern that is expressed in the OP, but the fact is that he gave voice to a huge group. The establishment certainly didn't want him. So who did ?

Me: I wish Trump would shut up. He'll win on policy. He'll lose if he doesn't stop the attacks. If he blows this one....he is DONE.
What attacks do you think he should stop?

"Conservative Mona Charen". LOL! You're such a dupe.

Of course he's done. He'll be 90 next time he can run for POTUS. LOL.

Trump won't live 4 years. So JD Vance?

I heard RFK Jr. is going to replace JD.

He did? Because I think I pointed out that the only problem America has is our economic system is only rewarding the rich. Turns out Bernie Sanders was right.

But you don't like it when Bernie or Elizabeth Warren say the truth. Instead you swallow Trump and RFK Jr's bullshit.

Kamala is going to hand Trump his ass.

He did.
It's never very hard to do.

Anyway, here comes longtime conservative Mona Charen

WHO? Oh yeah, some unknown writer for the NYT who thinks that GW Bush
represents conservatism, and that DJ Trump's making America great has
driven her over the edge to voting for Marxist Kamala Harris! :laughing0301:

ROFL.gif

Oh Mac, where you dig up these great lines?!

I've come to the conclusion that our OP Mac here cannot be a human being. No one can be this stubbornly dumb. Therefore Mac must be a robot that posts here, maybe some lonely Trump hater sitting in a dark room reading and typing away who tries to think up ways he hopes will make some people not like Trump. 24 hours a day when you post to his thread, you always get a funny.

Of course he's done. He'll be 90 next time he can run for POTUS. LOL.

Trump won't live 4 years. So JD Vance?

I heard RFK Jr. is going to replace JD.

Doctors have pointed out in signed letters that President Trump is undoubtedly the "healthiest President that Almighty God has ever created".

I don't think he's going to be croaking as early as you hope.

For a very long time (pre MAGA), the conservative's in control of the GOP have treated the base of the GOP the way Monica is complaining about.

Chickens came home to roost.

Doctors have pointed out in signed letters that President Trump is undoubtedly the "healthiest President that Almighty God has ever created".

I don't think he's going to be croaking as early as you hope.
What doctors wrote or said that? You mean the guy who said Trump aced the cognitive test and then Trump forgot his name while bragging about what a great memory he has? LOL

Or this doctor
1725461843060.png

Trump wants to run the USA like a division of trump corp. and he will be guilty of tax evasion like his company already was found to be. His hotels hire illegals. He’s an illegal employer. And trump will profit personally all the way. He can’t be trusted.

We don’t need a revolution. The only problem is trump has too much money and you not enough
The problem does not end with Trump.

He is too old to ever tun again - this is his last election cycle, for sure.

He does talk too much, but -

The Democrats are establsihing a totalitarian system.
It always starts with the silence of legitimate criticism.
President Trump and Elon Musk are the most effective critics of the Democrat Totalitarianism and that is why the Democrats have decided that those two must be eliminated by any means.

If the Democrats are not stopped, this may be the last election cycle for all of us.

The problem does not end with Trump.

That's a fact. What scares me is voters have a very short memory. So in 2 years they'll start giving the GOP a chance again.

Women will forget that Republicans appoint judges who want to make abortion equal to murder. For example.

Forum List

Back