Another result of MAGA/Trumpism

That's a fact. What scares me is voters have a very short memory. So in 2 years they'll start giving the GOP a chance again.

Women will forget that Republicans appoint judges who want to make abortion equal to murder. For example.
Wanna worry? The next Trump may be competent. Imagine a Trump that was actually smart and hardworking. Scary thought.

We were engaged in war his entire 4 years. Sadly I believe he actually knew it was bad policy but there was nothing he could do about it.

Trump: I'm going to bring the soldiers home from Afghanistan.

Lindsey Graham: No you aren't.

Trump: No, I'm not.
Funny how the Generals refused direct orders to wind Syrian ops down

No. You must not have been paying attention. And you don't know the facts or history.

1. Bush was going to just hand the bankers the money no questions asked.

2. Obama gave them a loan, held them accountable Of course that's not what Fox told you.

3. Remember how Republicans demonized Occupy Wallstreet? Took the attention off the bankers and made it about the evil protesters camping out. Reminds me of how they mock college students who protest for Palestine.

4. I think we all know it was good and wise Obama didn't let the banks fail. Are you stupid?

5. Mitt wanted the car companies to go bankrupt too. Democrats bailed them out. Much like Reagan did in the 80's. But Romney/Republicans wanted to break the unions and renig on pensions. So did GM's management.

6. 2009

Obama tells bankers it's payback time​

By Reuters
December 14, 2009

Wake up dummy. The GOP have fucked you over financially.
love it, sealy, esp the comparison of occupy to the gaza protests.

i was at several occupy encampments, mostly new orleans. we were peaceful and generally respectful of private property,

no doubt there were "antifa" there (we would have called them "the black bloc") but nothing like the 1960s events.

i also attended several blm events. they are more like a memorial service than a riot, attended by church ladies, ministers, the classmates o9f the dead children and very few of the "boogaloo boys" who seem to be their main troublemakers.

the gaza protesters. i don't know. they definitely have a point, but what do they think trump will do for those poor people?????
i almost think thos os some kind of roger stone dirty trick, and that the ringleaders have no interest on gaza.

Fortunately there have been many Republicans who refused to go along with the farce that is MAGA/Trumpism, and I've been wondering all along how many of them have actually changed their positions on any issues because of it. In other words, I've been wondering if the closer proximity to Democrats had rubbed off on them in any way. Anecdotally, it kind of seemed like they had.

Anyway, here comes longtime conservative Mona Charen with an example of it: What Are We Conserving?

"None of us has the time or ability to become a expert in everything, so we use shortcuts. If person X agrees with me about anti-communism or phonics, I will be more likely to trust their views on Federal Reserve policy or some other topic that I know less about. We all outsource our judgment to some degree. But in the past nine years, too many people I formerly believed were honest and reliable have proven themselves capable of staggering dishonesty and bad faith. Someone said it’s like finding out that your spouse has been unfaithful or a friend has betrayed you. Suddenly you look back at the entire relationship with a jaundiced eye, interpreting everything differently.

"It’s been wrenching in some ways, but in the end, I’m grateful for the jolt. It has forced me to reconsider ideas that may have become calcified and opened me to people and perspectives I would previously have dismissed."

Trump (or, far more importantly, those who have enabled him and this disaster) has caused great damage to the Republican Party. And one of the ways is thathe has caused many in the party to re-evaluate where they stand politically.
Also consider the idea that trump kind of primed this pump.

With his big mouth and his ad hoc positions on so many things, he forced to them to flip-flop by defending positions they would never otherwise have supported.

Cheap or free healthcare for all

Gun control

Affinity for Russia and Putin

Despising law enforcement

Felons' rights

Commuting sentences of violent criminals

etc., etc.

Trump Family’s Land Deals in Albania Stir Up Lingering Resentments

Two luxury real-estate projects in Albania proposed by the son-in-law of former President Donald J. Trump are stirring up lingering tensions in that country, with the Trump family facing accusations that land it hopes to develop has been improperly set aside for them.

The disputes relate to $1 billion worth of investments that Ivanka Trump, the former president’s oldest daughter, and her husband, Jared Kushner, are pursuing in Albania along the Mediterranean coast of this Southern European nation on land once controlled by a Communist government.

Mr. Kushner announced plans to build an opulent hotel and beach villa complex on a stretch of the mainland where an Albanian family has farmed for generations. The family says part of this property was corruptly seized from them after the end of Communist rule in 1991.

“They are trying to take from us what is ours,” said Bledar Alexandros Konomi, who as a young boy used to help tend cattle on the land now proposed for Mr. Kushner’s hotel and whose claim is backed up by Albanian court records.

At the second site — a small, strategically located island called Sazan where the Soviet Union sent military supplies during the Cold War — Mr. Kushner is working with top government officials in Albania to secure exclusive development rights.

What has not been public is that there is a second proposal to redevelop the same island submitted by an Albanian American real-estate executive developer from New York, according to documents obtained by The New York Times.

The developer, Evi Kokalari-Angelakis, said in an interview that the Albanian government has effectively ignored her proposal to rebuild the site because it wants to impress Mr. Trump, in case he is re-elected and can help Albania with its foreign policy goals.

Such is the insidious nature of trump's well earned reputation that he is for sale.

Also consider the idea that trump kind of primed this pump.

With his big mouth and his ad hoc positions on so many things, he forced to them to flip-flop by defending positions they would never otherwise have supported.

Cheap or free healthcare for all

Gun control

Affinity for Russia and Putin

Despising law enforcement

Felons' rights

Commuting sentences of violent criminals

etc., etc.
Yeah, he is not ideological. He is purely transactional. 100%. His words only matter in the moment, if at all.

That lends itself to a great deal of twisting and turning and backtracking. You can't believe anything he says, ever.

How they don't see this, is a mystery. Love is blind, I guess.

Trump Family’s Land Deals in Albania Stir Up Lingering Resentments

Two luxury real-estate projects in Albania proposed by the son-in-law of former President Donald J. Trump are stirring up lingering tensions in that country, with the Trump family facing accusations that land it hopes to develop has been improperly set aside for them.

The disputes relate to $1 billion worth of investments that Ivanka Trump, the former president’s oldest daughter, and her husband, Jared Kushner, are pursuing in Albania along the Mediterranean coast of this Southern European nation on land once controlled by a Communist government.

Mr. Kushner announced plans to build an opulent hotel and beach villa complex on a stretch of the mainland where an Albanian family has farmed for generations. The family says part of this property was corruptly seized from them after the end of Communist rule in 1991.

“They are trying to take from us what is ours,” said Bledar Alexandros Konomi, who as a young boy used to help tend cattle on the land now proposed for Mr. Kushner’s hotel and whose claim is backed up by Albanian court records.

At the second site — a small, strategically located island called Sazan where the Soviet Union sent military supplies during the Cold War — Mr. Kushner is working with top government officials in Albania to secure exclusive development rights.

What has not been public is that there is a second proposal to redevelop the same island submitted by an Albanian American real-estate executive developer from New York, according to documents obtained by The New York Times.

The developer, Evi Kokalari-Angelakis, said in an interview that the Albanian government has effectively ignored her proposal to rebuild the site because it wants to impress Mr. Trump, in case he is re-elected and can help Albania with its foreign policy goals.

Such is the insidious nature of trump's well earned reputation that he is for sale.
The book is out on Trump.

Give him compliments and personal favors and gifts, and you can get the presidential decisions you want.

Fortunately there have been many Republicans who refused to go along with the farce that is MAGA/Trumpism, and I've been wondering all along how many of them have actually changed their positions on any issues because of it. In other words, I've been wondering if the closer proximity to Democrats had rubbed off on them in any way. Anecdotally, it kind of seemed like they had.

Anyway, here comes longtime conservative Mona Charen with an example of it: What Are We Conserving?

"None of us has the time or ability to become an expert in everything, so we use shortcuts. If person X agrees with me about anti-communism or phonics, I will be more likely to trust their views on Federal Reserve policy or some other topic that I know less about. We all outsource our judgment to some degree. But in the past nine years, too many people I formerly believed were honest and reliable have proven themselves capable of staggering dishonesty and bad faith. Someone said it’s like finding out that your spouse has been unfaithful or a friend has betrayed you. Suddenly you look back at the entire relationship with a jaundiced eye, interpreting everything differently.

"It’s been wrenching in some ways, but in the end, I’m grateful for the jolt. It has forced me to reconsider ideas that may have become calcified and opened me to people and perspectives I would previously have dismissed."

Trump (or, far more importantly, those who have enabled him and this disaster) has caused great damage to the Republican Party. And one of the ways is thathe has caused many in the party to re-evaluate where they stand politically.
I always respected Mona Charon. A rare conservative who tries to think through her convictions instead of the usual tribal knee-jerking that passes for thought among the MAGA group.

Here is an excerpt from the link you provided:

I remain concerned about widespread abortion, but resent the bullying of pro-life zealots who have abandoned every other moral precept in the name of saving babies and presume to tell me that I’m a hypocrite if I don’t support a moronic demagogue. Is voting for a person who mouths the right words about abortion really the most effective way to live out your beliefs? (Especially if he then throws you overboard?) I helped found and continue to support a crisis pregnancy group that has stepped in to help women and their unborn children hundreds of times. Trump supporters who preen about their righteousness because of Dobbs should reflect that the number of abortions in America rose under Trump after declining for three decades. Having the right political opinions doesn’t equate with doing good in the world. Besides, the argument against abortion is moral. As such, it can’t be severed from other moral issues. Supporting protections for the unborn doesn’t absolve you of supporting cruelty against the born.

Well Said.

Wanna worry? The next Trump may be competent. Imagine a Trump that was actually smart and hardworking. Scary thought.
IMAGINE if someone sincere tried what Trump tried. Took on the Deep State Globalist Republicans then defeated Hillary because, well, she's Hillary.

Then the guy gets in and doesn't pander to the religious right. Tells them that issue is settled. States rights issue folks.

And one who didn't go along with the insanity of denying man made climate change. Arnold Swartzinegger? Too bad he can't.

It would have to be a Republican because the right would not accept a good Democrat. Look how they treated Biden, Obama and Clinton. And why?

"I think Bill Clinton was a great president,’" Trump said in the interview that was conducted shortly after the 2008 presidential election on NY1's "Inside City Hall" program.

"You know, you look at the country then. The economy was doing great. Look at what happened during the Clinton years. I mean we had no war, the economy was doing great, everybody was happy. A lot of people hated him because they were jealous as hell,’" Trump said.

Clinton left office in 2000? After 8 years, Trump was heaping praise on Bill Clinton. But you Republicans didn't like him any better than Obama or Biden. And why didn't you want Hillary if Bill was so great? Exactly.

"None of us has the time or ability to become an expert in everything, so we use shortcuts. If person X agrees with me about anti-communism or phonics, I will be more likely to trust their views on Federal Reserve policy or some other topic that I know less about. We all outsource our judgment to some degree. But in the past nine years, too many people I formerly believed were honest and reliable have proven themselves capable of staggering dishonesty and bad faith. Someone said it’s like finding out that your spouse has been unfaithful or a friend has betrayed you. Suddenly you look back at the entire relationship with a jaundiced eye, interpreting everything differently.

MAGA's are stupid people that got no business being anywhere near a public office.

WHO? Oh yeah, some unknown writer for the NYT who thinks that GW Bush
represents conservatism, and that DJ Trump's making America great has
driven her over the edge to voting for Marxist Kamala Harris! :laughing0301:

View attachment 1006280

Oh Mac, where you dig up these great lines?!

Poor Mac1958. He's SO susceptible to the DNC cult's talking points. Literally never met one he didn't fall in love with on the spot.

I have no idea what the OP wrote. Don't really care. Can't wait to cast my vote for Donald Trump!

Trump/Vance 2024!!!

Forum List

Back