Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

I think that all persons over the age of 18 should be required to own a gun, and that starting at an early age, children should be educated on how to properly wield a weapon, about gun safety, and about how to take care of your weapon. Shit like this wouldn't happen if your entire workforce is armed with even a simple 9 millimeter.

Bullshit. Are you SURE that you'd get the right person?

The new poster boy for this agenda is Joe Zamudio, a hero in the Tucson incident. Zamudio was in a nearby drug store when the shooting began, and he was armed. He ran to the scene and helped subdue the killer. Television interviewers are celebrating his courage, and pro-gun blogs are touting his equipment. "Bystander Says Carrying Gun Prompted Him to Help," says the headline in the Wall Street Journal.

But before we embrace Zamudio's brave intervention as proof of the value of being armed, let's hear the whole story. "I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!'"

But the man with the gun wasn't the shooter. He had wrested the gun away from the shooter. "Had you shot that guy, it would have been a big, fat mess," the interviewer pointed out.

Zamudio agreed:

"I was very lucky. Honestly, it was a matter of seconds. Two, maybe three seconds between when I came through the doorway and when I was laying on top of [the real shooter], holding him down. So, I mean, in that short amount of time I made a lot of really big decisions really fast. … I was really lucky."

Armed hero nearly shot wrong man in Ariz. - Slate.com | NBC News

Even the guy who was carrying a concealed weapon said that things happened too fast and he almost shot the wrong person.

Besides...........looking for a gunman isn't something that schools are used to doing, so what makes you think that this person couldn't have sneaked up into a classroom and started popping off rounds?

Or..................do you think they're going to check in at the front office and tell everyone that they're going to kill some kids?

how about armed guards for schools
That is the most practical solution I can think of. Well armed, well trained, well screened.

Why not teachers? I thought liberals thought teachers were capable to do anything. I would never allow my children around someone who could not defend them in this day and age.

I think that all persons over the age of 18 should be required to own a gun, and that starting at an early age, children should be educated on how to properly wield a weapon, about gun safety, and about how to take care of your weapon. Shit like this wouldn't happen if your entire workforce is armed with even a simple 9 millimeter.

The new poster boy for this agenda is Joe Zamudio, a hero in the Tucson incident. Zamudio was in a nearby drug store when the shooting began, and he was armed. He ran to the scene and helped subdue the killer. Television interviewers are celebrating his courage, and pro-gun blogs are touting his equipment. "Bystander Says Carrying Gun Prompted Him to Help," says the headline in the Wall Street Journal.

But before we embrace Zamudio's brave intervention as proof of the value of being armed, let's hear the whole story. "I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!'"

But the man with the gun wasn't the shooter. He had wrested the gun away from the shooter. "Had you shot that guy, it would have been a big, fat mess," the interviewer pointed out.

Zamudio agreed:

"I was very lucky. Honestly, it was a matter of seconds. Two, maybe three seconds between when I came through the doorway and when I was laying on top of [the real shooter], holding him down. So, I mean, in that short amount of time I made a lot of really big decisions really fast. … I was really lucky."

Even the guy who was carrying a concealed weapon said that things happened too fast and he almost shot the wrong person.

Besides...........looking for a gunman isn't something that schools are used to doing, so what makes you think that this person couldn't have sneaked up into a classroom and started popping off rounds?

Or..................do you think they're going to check in at the front office and tell everyone that they're going to kill some kids?

So you think children should be targets?

The children aren't even all in the morgue yet. That photo is not appropriate.

No...that photo is appropriate! It's right on target...middle class targets in well to do neighborhoods. I'm not willing to gloss over this one...and as a matter of fact it brings all the other senseless massacures back to the forefront of my mind.

This time we can't just forget with time and chalk it up ...these school administraters are responsible for providing a safe environment for our children when they are in school! So what are they gonna do about this ongoing problem??? What are our state and federal governments gonna do? Or are they content with allowing our kindergartners to be massacred?

Why do you keep bringing race and class into this discussion? Its irrelevant

Race and class is relevant...I'm sorry if you disagree! You know if this sort of stuff was happening in crime infested neighborhoods one almost expects these sorts of problems with drug wars and drive by shootings and so forth. THIS IS NOT THE CASE HERE!!!

These kids were doing what every parent wants their kids to do...go to school and pay attention. This was a small neighborhood of about 2000 people...everybody knows everybody. And in watching all the news footage today I didn't see one black or brown face...these are white, well to-do neighborhoods. Even if we take out the fact that it was all white faces today with all of the eye witness interviews...it's well to do neighborhoods...and we deserve our tax dollars to go to work for us seeing as it's the middle and upper class who pay most of them to begin with!

Politically incorrect? Frankly, I don't give a shit at this point! Let's incorporate significant change that will prevent another massacre of the innocents !

Well in my day, teachers were not armed because it was unthinkable that they needed to be. Nobody worried about some crazy showing up and shooting anybody, let alone the kids. But in my day a lot of the teachers, including the women, were experienced hunters, and I am pretty sure almost all of them could load and fire a shotgun or other weapon. My HS algebra teacher was a champion skeet shooter.

After today, I'm pretty sure you could get a pretty good bunch of volunteer teachers who would take the appropriate training and agree to be custodians of secured weapons in their classrooms. And I would support such a program 100%.

We must be close to the same age and had some of the same teachers.:D

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

The teacher was armed.

The problem was, her mentally ill son, took her gun. Shot Her. Went to school. Shot a bunch of other people.

More guns are not the answer.

Really this is news to me I hope you have collaborating sources.

His mother wasn't armed but she was a teacher in that school. One who didn't make it to school that morning because he murdered her before he left the house. According to the most recent reports, however, all the weapons he used at the school were registered to her.

And nobody at the school had any defense against him.

Bus drivers have access to a weapon should they need one. So do passenger train personnel, designated personnel on board cruise ships and merchant ships, airline pilots, and I am going to guess a lot of cab drivers. I fully support schools taking whatever measures are necessary to protect the kids.

Last edited:
Well in my day, teachers were not armed because it was unthinkable that they needed to be. Nobody worried about some crazy showing up and shooting anybody, let alone the kids. But in my day a lot of the teachers, including the women, were experienced hunters, and I am pretty sure almost all of them could load and fire a shotgun or other weapon. My HS algebra teacher was a champion skeet shooter.

After today, I'm pretty sure you could get a pretty good bunch of volunteer teachers who would take the appropriate training and agree to be custodians of secured weapons in their classrooms. And I would support such a program 100%.

Let's also not forget that in our day Foxfyre, the crazies were in state run looney bins!!!!! Locked up behind bars!!!

Zamudio agreed:

Your reading comprehension is poor as usual Little Retarded Rebecca. I put in the link to show that not everyone is going to be able to react in the proper way, even if they DO have a concealed permit to carry, as evidenced by what the man said, and, I also stated that nobody who is going to go into a school and shoot the place up ISN'T going to go announce themselves at the front desk, they're going to sneak into a place where they won't be detected until they start firing.

So............you who are in favor of small government want to start another government program to liscence and train teachers with weapons?

The teacher was armed.

The problem was, her mentally ill son, took her gun. Shot Her. Went to school. Shot a bunch of other people.

His mother wasn't armed but she was a teacher in that school. One who didn't make it to school that morning because he murdered her before he left the house. According to the most recent reports, however, all the weapons he used at the school were registered to her.

Thanks for the clarification lying joe made it appear totally different.

Just found out a friend of mine from Connecticut attended that same school as a child. He lives up here now in Mass.

Your reading comprehension is poor as usual Little Retarded Rebecca. I put in the link to show that not everyone is going to be able to react in the proper way, even if they DO have a concealed permit to carry, as evidenced by what the man said, and, I also stated that nobody who is going to go into a school and shoot the place up ISN'T going to go announce themselves at the front desk, they're going to sneak into a place where they won't be detected until they start firing.

So............you who are in favor of small government want to start another government program to liscence and train teachers with weapons?

No retard gun grabber you have the opinion teachers should not be armed therefore our children go unprotected.
How in the hell do you sleep with that vile evil mentality?

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

The teacher was armed.

No one is asking for more guns just more education and the ability to defend innocent people.

But thanks for yet another irrelevant post

Or we could just limit gun ownership to responsible people who've proven they can be trusted.

A woman who keeps guns in the same house as a son with a lifetime of mental illness obviously couldn't be trusted.

Just found out a friend of mine from Connecticut attended that same school as a child. He lives up here now in Mass.

I heard a lot of folks say today that they moved to that neighborhood because the schools were so good...and the neighborhod was safe. I mean...WTF?

No retard gun grabber you have the opinion teachers should not be armed therefore our children go unprotected.
How in the hell do you sleep with that vile evil mentality?

Never said anything about grabbing guns. However, I don't really think that guns have any place in the classroom either.

But, like I said, arming all the teachers is just begging for trouble, because when things go down, they can happen pretty fast, and if you're not properly trained, you have a very real possibility of shooting the wrong person.

What is your solution?

Its accurate but the guns were in her home. Hardly the scenario I've suggested.

Basically a troll post
That's what I thought she wasn't armed
Joe is a lying cock sucker.

She was a gun owner... She apparently felt SO insecure, she owned FOUR guns.

And apparently her son, with a lifetime of mental illness, took one of those guns, shot her, and then went to the school where she worked and shot her students.

Yup. More guns. definitely the answer.

I heard a lot of folks say today that they moved to that neighborhood because the schools were so good...and the neighborhod was safe. I mean...WTF?

It was recognized at one time as one of the safest places in America to raise a family.

Maybe we should have a discussion about holidays, violence seem to rise this time of year, or maybe it's winter, cold, cloudy days are depressing so maybe global warming isn't a bad thing. We can speculate all day, but really what good will it do. I just know you can't blame a tractor for a lousy harvest, it's just a tool.
No doubt about it. This time of year is conducive to emotional extremes or it can trigger some really dangerous ones.

The teacher was armed.

Bus drivers have access to a weapon should they need one. So do passenger train personnel, designated personnel on board cruise ships and merchant ships, airline pilots, and I am going to guess a lot of cab drivers. I fully support schools taking whatever measures are necessary to protect the kids.

Except reducing the number of guns and the access that mentally ill people have to them, apparently.

Again- rest of the world, they don't let anyone who has a gun have them. And they have a LOT less of this kind of thing going on.

The teacher was armed.

No one is asking for more guns just more education and the ability to defend innocent people.

But thanks for yet another irrelevant post

Or we could just limit gun ownership to responsible people who've proven they can be trusted.

A woman who keeps guns in the same house as a son with a lifetime of mental illness obviously couldn't be trusted.

So now its her fault? What is it with you people and personal responsibility? He pulled the trigger. For all you know her guns were locked up. And please post any evidence you have about his mental condition as well as your claim that he lived with her.

Forum List

Back