Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqbv-aqoao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

Oh yes. That's the answer. More fucking guns.

Merry Christmas from the NRA.

Fuck you assholes. How many more shootings before we take these war guns off the streets?

Time for the sane in this nation to point out the insanity of you worshipers of death.

Pistols are war guns?

Umm okay

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

The teacher was armed.

The problem was, her mentally ill son, took her gun. Shot Her. Went to school. Shot a bunch of other people.

More guns are not the answer.
Really ? I don't think so, but nice try anyway....

No doubt about it. This time of year is conducive to emotional extremes or it can trigger some really dangerous ones.

OH PLEASE!!!!! The fact that Christmas is upon us is what's irrevenant! This stuff has been happening for far too long and I don't think they all happen around significant Christian holidays! Give me a break!

Apparently our society doesn't adequetly address mental illness...people are given a pill and told to go on their way. Apparently that's just not working! Re-open the state mental hospitals, put the crazies in there and throw away the key! Boom...problem solved!

I was thinking instead of blaming guns maybe we should look at the aspects of our society toward human life that lead some people to value it so little.

If people want to blame guns for this man's killings then maybe we can also look at what parts of society are causing people, mentally ill or not, to de-value life so much?

I absolutely agree with you! I've been asking myself all day long as this has played out on the news what the hell is wrong with our society that something like this can happen? Seriously...something is SERIOUSLY wrong with our society! Not just because of today...but because of all of these stupid, senseless killings!

But I have to say...today takes the cake!!! Those kids were babies! I think about my girls first day of school and how excited they were to get on the school bus and go to school like a "big girl"...but they were babies then...not big girls. And today's travisty does indeed hit the heart of every parent out there. Everyone who has ever had a kindergartner experience their first day of school can relate to this in a very meaningful and personal way.

This behavior cannot continue...IT'S NOT OK!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqbv-aqoao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Oh yes. That's the answer. More fucking guns.

Merry Christmas from the NRA.

Fuck you assholes. How many more shootings before we take these war guns off the streets?

Time for the sane in this nation to point out the insanity of you worshipers of death.

Pistols are war guns?

Umm okay
Don't need to fall for the idiotic rehtoric these people use in this way, because these people are the reason we have these problems in this nation now so sad to say. They are so detached from reality that it is ashame.. Thri heads are buried so far in the sand that they think of us as the fools.. I really feel for this nation, because it is almost to the point of no return... Like I ask before, who would these killers be associated with if they voted ?

We don't live in the rest of the world. We live in America.

Again you're irrelevant

You mean, we aren't going to follow a bit of common sense we see everyone else do, because, DAMMIT, we're Americans!

Really and seriously?

So you are the oritor of what's common sense in other countries? I suppose we should adopt Chinas population control ideas as well?

Since we aren't dealing with China's population problem, no.

(I think the word you were looking for here is "Arbitor", btw).

Fact is, we've tried your solution- Lock up everyone you can (more people than China does) and arm everyone else. Do you feel any safer knowing the Kindergarten teacher's guns were used to slaughter her entire class by her whackjob son who probably should have been in an hosptial we don't fund because we don't have universal health care?

You already tolerate it.

You tolerate it when you determine that no person can be trusted to defend himself and his loved ones, when you restrict our access to guns, when you declare that anti-social, mentally ill individuals be *mainstreamed*.

Yo bud...pay attention here. If you can't keep up take notes.

I was one of the folks who said the teachers should indeed be armed and ready and forced to take gun classes and practice their freakin' aim on the weekends!

And yes...I'm a Democrat and a liberal...but enough is enough! If we can't beat them...let's join them...give the teachers guns...and let them be ready!

None of that supports your claim. My brother is a leech in my opinion. That doesn't actually make him one. It makes it my opinion. Thanks but I'll wait for doctors reports on his mental condition.

I also heard the rifle was a 22. Hardly an assault rifle. And it never left his car according to the latest police report.

An M-16 is technically a 22. Again, we don't know if that one was used in teh assault or not.. but the 9 MM's were.

Are you really trying to say that this guy wasn't mentally ill? I would think we have ample evidence to the contrary.

I have no idea. People snap all the time and bad shit happens. I'm not a psychologist are you?

He didn't "snap", he had a whole history of this sort of thing.

Oh, wait, we can't trust his brother (now having the worst day of his life) because you don't like YOUR brother. I'm guessing this was your argument. It's hard to tell, because you seem to avoid the obvious answer.

Private citizens- for the most part- don't need guns.

[

Do you comprehend this?
No one allowed him access to the guns he took them

If she couldn't keep them out of his hands, he had access.

My dad had a lot of guns. He kept them under lock and key. He kept the ammo in a place we couldn't find it. And I would imagine if one of us turned out to be crazier than a Fox News Commentator, he'd have taken more measures than that.

And in my household growing up, a 12 guage shotgun was displayed over the mantle and every member of the household knew where the ammo was and how to load it and how to aim and fire it. But the younger kids knew we were not to touch it without permission and we didn't. Almost all of the older boys and a lot of the girls owned their own shotgun or hunting rifle. And in all my growing up years, nobody ever shot anybody in our town--there were a couple of hunting accidents of minor consequence--and nobody was murdered. During hunting season, the boys usually had guns in the the racks in their trucks ready to go hunting as soon as school let out.

The 20-year-old son was hardly a kid though. He could have already served two years in the military where everybody carried guns.

Different times. Different culture. In today's culture there is far more evil, violence, and insane behavior. Yes keep the guns out of the hands of kids now. But lets give the teachers the means to protect them from the crazies.

OH PLEASE!!!!! The fact that Christmas is upon us is what's irrevenant! This stuff has been happening for far too long and I don't think they all happen around significant Christian holidays! Give me a break!

Apparently our society doesn't adequetly address mental illness...people are given a pill and told to go on their way. Apparently that's just not working! Re-open the state mental hospitals, put the crazies in there and throw away the key! Boom...problem solved!

I was thinking instead of blaming guns maybe we should look at the aspects of our society toward human life that lead some people to value it so little.

If people want to blame guns for this man's killings then maybe we can also look at what parts of society are causing people, mentally ill or not, to de-value life so much?

I absolutely agree with you! I've been asking myself all day long as this has played out on the news what the hell is wrong with our society that something like this can happen? Seriously...something is SERIOUSLY wrong with our society! Not just because of today...but because of all of these stupid, senseless killings!

But I have to say...today takes the cake!!! Those kids were babies! I think about my girls first day of school and how excited they were to get on the school bus and go to school like a "big girl"...but they were babies then...not big girls. And today's travisty does indeed hit the heart of every parent out there. Everyone who has ever had a kindergartner experience their first day of school can relate to this in a very meaningful and personal way.

Forced Social Engineering is not Ok, but that is what we have had, and compliments of who (?), and it is what we got still going on, so get ready for more to come in America, and this is what I think, because the liberals are dis-respected and are unstable morally, and they have led this nation into the pit, while the so called conservatives/repubs became greedy and have also led this nation into the pit.

You mean, we aren't going to follow a bit of common sense we see everyone else do, because, DAMMIT, we're Americans!

Really and seriously?

So you are the oritor of what's common sense in other countries? I suppose we should adopt Chinas population control ideas as well?

Fact is, we've tried your solution- Lock up everyone you can (more people than China does) and arm everyone else. Do you feel any safer knowing the Kindergarten teacher's guns were used to slaughter her entire class by her whackjob son who probably should have been in an hosptial we don't fund because we don't have universal health care?

Thanks for the grammar correction. Having said that I think our discussion is done. You came into this thread misrepresenting the facts to suit your point of view. If that is the level you're going to start off with then there really is no point.

One bullet could have saved dozens. That point can't be argued. End of discussion

[

Do you comprehend this?

My dad had a lot of guns. He kept them under lock and key. He kept the ammo in a place we couldn't find it. And I would imagine if one of us turned out to be crazier than a Fox News Commentator, he'd have taken more measures than that.

If if if
If you had a brain you could think and use common sense.

Really and seriously?

Ding, ding, ding...I think we have a winner! The guns aren't the problem...mental illness is!

More people are on anti-depressants than any other drug...why? Are we all that miserable? We're given a pill and told to go on our way...but that's not adequate, apparently!

Really and seriously?

How many do you want to lock up in a mental ward ?

I know. Lot's of emotions are raw for us all right now. No decent people want to see little children killed ever but when ot happens like this it really shakes us to the core.

I want to understand more about this man and to understand if there were any warning signs that he was dangerous to others. I also want to understand what exactly was his mental illness and when did it begin.

IMO to be going right for more gun laws is silly. The question is was this man's violent nature known to anyone. Lot's still unknown.

[

Do you comprehend this?

And in my household growing up, a 12 guage shotgun was displayed over the mantle and every member of the household knew where the ammo was and how to load it and how to aim and fire it. But the younger kids knew we were not to touch it without permission and we didn't. Almost all of the older boys and a lot of the girls owned their own shotgun or hunting rifle. And in all my growing up years, nobody ever shot anybody in our town--there were a couple of hunting accidents of minor consequence--and nobody was murdered. During hunting season, the boys usually had guns in the the racks in their trucks ready to go hunting as soon as school let out.

The 20-year-old son was hardly a kid though. He could have already served two years in the military where everybody carried guns.

Different times. Different culture. In today's culture there is far more evil, violence, and insane behavior. Yes keep the guns out of the hands of kids now. But lets give the teachers the means to protect them from the crazies.
No thank you button showing ?, so thanks..

Ding, ding, ding...I think we have a winner! The guns aren't the problem...mental illness is!

More people are on anti-depressants than any other drug...why? Are we all that miserable? We're given a pill and told to go on our way...but that's not adequate, apparently!

drugging so called mental illness is the problem...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSZ9YTnSkLc]SCHOOL SHOOTINGS II - YouTube[/ame]

Forced Social Engineering is not Ok, but that is what we have had, and compliments of who (?), and it is what we got still going on, so get ready for more to come in America, and this is what I think, because the liberals are dis-respected and are unstable morally, and they have led this nation into the pit, while the so called conservatives/repubs became greedy and have also led this nation into the pit.

Oh cut the partisan crap!!! This isn't partisan...it's not Dems vs. Reps. I call bullshit on meaningless hyperbole that doesn't adequetly address the subject at all!

Please...spare me the bullshit today!

No thank you button showing ?, so thanks..

It does that to me all the time...:blowup:

I am with elementary school children every day. I'm with kindergarten every day. Unfortunately, with as many guns as we have in America this could have happened ANYWHERE.

I know what 20 kindergarteners look like. They are babies.

Forum List

Back