Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

And more to the point, the discussion should be about allowing teachers to use firearms to protect the children in their custody.
A good security gaurd service would be sufficient enough I think...

I suspect that in most situations an identifiable guard would be the first victim.
Thought about that one today also, where as he or she would be plain clothes of course... Glad you made me bring that up..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqbv-aqoao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

I absolutely agree with you! The teachers and administration should be forced to take a firearms class to become proficient with firearms...for just such occassions. This mentality of shooting up the middle class has got to stop!!!!! These crazies go into shopping malls, movie theaters, universities, public schools in very nice suburban neighborhoods and start opening fire in the general public...that's beyond ludicrouis...it's a real problem for the middle class and the upper class...as it seems these are the neighborhoods that are targeted! It's no longer just the drug punks shooting each other in the ghetto...no...it's crazies shooting the sacrificial lambs...our kindergartners!

What kind of a world do we live in? Have we gotten that fucked up...are we that unhappy? Or are these people just mental cases run rampant? If they're just mental cases...they're nothing but suicide bombers...they're terrorists!

In the early seventies...the state mental hospitals all closed down and mentals were put out on the street in the name of "compassion"...we let me tell you what...MY compassion goes out the those babies who were killed today...and their families! Those kids were sacrificial lambs set up for the slaughter! Enough is enough!!! Re-open the mental hospitals and stick the crazies in there and throw away the key!!!

I'm beyond shocked and sad...I'm angry and I want some action from our political leaders!!!

Last edited:
They would be trained profilers (able to recognize dangers or defuse dangers) before they erupt or happen, and yes there is training for that in America also.

If it is the guns that kill people.. I better not hear anymore how Obama took down Bin Laden.. it was the guns that did it
The guns could not have found their way to bin Laden's bedroom without the Navy Seals who brought them there and used one to kill Usama. So it really wasn't the guns that killed him, it was the people who brought and used them.

Always and ever, guns do not kill people. People do.

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

The teacher was armed.

The problem was, her mentally ill son, took her gun. Shot Her. Went to school. Shot a bunch of other people.

More guns are not the answer.
No one is asking for more guns just more education and the ability to defend innocent people.

But thanks for yet another irrelevant post

Guns arent the problem. Improper use is. That is the problem to be discussed.

And more to the point, the discussion should be about allowing teachers to use firearms to protect the children in their custody.
A good security gaurd service would be sufficient enough I think...

Nope, I don't think so. Not only would that be an expense that would take precious resources out of the school budget, but the gunman would target that guard immediately. But he couldn't take out a dozen armed and trained teachers before one could nail him.

So far one SMALL CHILD is deceased.

It is past the time to give our educators the ability to defend our children!
Do you know what it would take to impart that ability to those teachers who are willing and able to adapt to it? And how many teachers do you think are capable of not only adapting to being armed while in class and effectively engaging an armed adversary -- or participating in a gunfight? My guess is extremely few.

Also, I attended Catholic schools where what you've suggested is out of the question.

Two choices
Allow a gunman to kill children
OR
take a chance hurting a child defending them?
I think I would whether go with the last option

The teacher was armed.

The problem was, her mentally ill son, took her gun. Shot Her. Went to school. Shot a bunch of other people.

Really this is news to me I hope you have collaborating sources.

We allow businesses to be armed in order to defend their employees and products but we can't allow teachers the same?

Doesn't make sense to me. A dozen or more lives today COULD have been spared.

That is as distastefull as you can be....

Fuck off

No. That's reality.

EVERYONE needs to know what that looks like.

Dismissing it as 'distasteful' is to minimize the act itself.

The children aren't even all in the morgue yet. That photo is not appropriate.

No...that photo is appropriate! It's right on target...middle class targets in well to do neighborhoods. I'm not willing to gloss over this one...and as a matter of fact it brings all the other senseless massacures back to the forefront of my mind.

This time we can't just forget with time and chalk it up ...these school administraters are responsible for providing a safe environment for our children when they are in school! So what are they gonna do about this ongoing problem??? What are our state and federal governments gonna do? Or are they content with allowing our kindergartners to be massacred?

What I find amazing is that liberals, who are continually saying we don't pay our teachers enough and elevating them to near-god status...claim they wouldn't trust them with a firearm, to protect their kids.

WTF?

The teacher was armed.

Its accurate but the guns were in her home. Hardly the scenario I've suggested.

Basically a troll post

The teacher was armed.

Its accurate but the guns were in her home. Hardly the scenario I've suggested.

Basically a troll post
That's what I thought she wasn't armed
Joe is a lying cock sucker.

No. That's reality.

EVERYONE needs to know what that looks like.

Dismissing it as 'distasteful' is to minimize the act itself.

The children aren't even all in the morgue yet. That photo is not appropriate.

No...that photo is appropriate! It's right on target...middle class targets in well to do neighborhoods. I'm not willing to gloss over this one...and as a matter of fact it brings all the other senseless massacures back to the forefront of my mind.

This time we can't just forget with time and chalk it up ...these school administraters are responsible for providing a safe environment for our children when they are in school! So what are they gonna do about this ongoing problem??? What are our state and federal governments gonna do? Or are they content with allowing our kindergartners to be massacred?

Why do you keep bringing race and class into this discussion? Its irrelevant

What I find amazing is that liberals, who are continually saying we don't pay our teachers enough and elevating them to near-god status...claim they wouldn't trust them with a firearm, to protect their kids.

WTF?

It's because of that evil gun
The only group the liberals trust with guns are other liberals and the government.
You know about the gun running the government does don't you?

WTF?

I'm pretty damn liberal myself...and I'm pissed off at what happened today. I want some change!!!!! Significant change is gonna have to happen...and not just lip service either.

Well in my day, teachers were not armed because it was unthinkable that they needed to be. Nobody worried about some crazy showing up and shooting anybody, let alone the kids. But in my day a lot of the teachers, including the women, were experienced hunters, and I am pretty sure almost all of them could load and fire a shotgun or other weapon. My HS algebra teacher was a champion skeet shooter.

After today, I'm pretty sure you could get a pretty good bunch of volunteer teachers who would take the appropriate training and agree to be custodians of secured weapons in their classrooms. And I would support such a program 100%.

Forum List

Back