Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

So? Your solution is to arm more staff untrained for combat to elementary schools? I thought you were smarter than that.

Immie
Did I miss something? police assigned to schools are not trained in combat tactics

You missed that you claimed they were not. I only took your word for it. Here let me point it out for you...

You do realize not all police officer's go through combat training. Especially those assigned to be at school's

And yet, you now want to add untrained teachers and arm them to the mix? What is wrong with you?

Immie
I never said they would be untrained. But you seem to think police officers that are assign to be at school have combat training.
Being trained to handle a firearm and police combat training is two totally different areas of training.

People can qualify to hit targets without a lot of training, a steady hand and good eyesight and a person is well on their way, but that doesn't mean that they are trained for combat. Are you really thinking teachers should be trained for combat as well?
Sorry, I'm not opposed to trained officers being placed at schools, but I have a problem with 78 year old Mrs. K. Girl who should have retired 15 years ago, qualifying to carry a gun and roaming the halls of an elementary school with a .45 simply because she was capable of hitting the target a couple of times.

Immie

Discretion dictates that someone you just described would not be a candidate for any such program.

Your hyperbole is utterly pointless.

Right! Sure.

Couple things with that... I thought you were for the 2nd Amendment? Now, you are for restricting Mrs K. Girl from arming herself when other teachers are armed on school property?

Second, I thought you were for smaller government. I know you are conservative, but here you go ready to add more government control in regards to training teachers for combat duty and licensing them to carry weapons on school grounds.

Immie

First of all no teachers would be literally armed. The weapons would be kept under lock. Second of all there would be 0 need for govt training as there are plenty of private organization who would love the opportunity to teach basic fire arm skills. Thirdly your attempts to troll the thread with your pathetic hyperbole is just that....pathetic

Discretion dictates that someone you just described would not be a candidate for any such program.

Right! Sure.

Couple things with that... I thought you were for the 2nd Amendment? Now, you are for restricting Mrs K. Girl from arming herself when other teachers are armed on school property?

Second, I thought you were for smaller government. I know you are conservative, but here you go ready to add more government control in regards to training teachers for combat duty and licensing them to carry weapons on school grounds.

Immie

First of all no teachers would be literally armed. The weapons would be kept under lock. Second of all there would be 0 need for govt training as there are plenty of private organization who would love the opportunity to teach basic fire arm skills. Thirdly your attempts to troll the thread with your pathetic hyperbole is just that....pathetic

Keeping the firearms locked up would not be a very good idea in my opinion. What happens if the first person shot is the one with the key?

Did I miss something? police assigned to schools are not trained in combat tactics

You missed that you claimed they were not. I only took your word for it. Here let me point it out for you...

You do realize not all police officer's go through combat training. Especially those assigned to be at school's

And yet, you now want to add untrained teachers and arm them to the mix? What is wrong with you?

Immie
I never said they would be untrained. But you seem to think police officers that are assign to be at school have combat training.
Being trained to handle a firearm and police combat training is two totally different areas of training.

Exactly and that is my point. You are not going to get teachers who are trained for combat unless maybe you hire ex-soldiers as teachers.

A teacher trained to fire a weapon but not trained in how to make that split second "friend or foe" decision can do a lot of harm in an assault situation.

Immie

Bullshit. Of course they can. This isn't *combat* we're talking about. It's taking out one, maybe 2, armed intruders who are mowing down people.

Right! Sure.

Immie

Keeping the firearms locked up would not be a very good idea in my opinion. What happens if the first person shot is the one with the key?

Teachers CAN NOT be allowed to posses firearms on their persons. That is asking for future tragedies. Multiple lock boxes with digital passcode entry numbers that are know by all who are trained is sufficient.

It never occured to me that someone would think I ment literally armed. That's beyond insane.

Bullshit. Of course they can. This isn't *combat* we're talking about. It's taking out one, maybe 2, armed intruders who are mowing down people.

Personally, my mind is still boggling at the fact that the left thinks, "If you're not combat-trained like a soldier, it's better for you to stand there helplessly and be killed."

Really? The left REALLY sees people as being that useless and pathetic and untrustworthy that it's better for them to DIE than be given a chance to save themselves and the children they're entrusted with?

I wonder if the teachers know what low esteem the people they keep aligning themselves with hold them in. :eusa_eh:

Immie

Exactly and that is my point. You are not going to get teachers who are trained for combat unless maybe you hire ex-soldiers as teachers.

A teacher trained to fire a weapon but not trained in how to make that split second "friend or foe" decision can do a lot of harm in an assault situation.

Immie

You haven't comprehend what I said.
Police officers who are assigned to schools don't have combat training. Why would teachers have to have combat training when police officers at school aren't required to have it?

Right! Sure.

Immie

It seems you are incapable of having an intelligent discussion with people that disagree with you. I was being honest with my questions yet you seem to be incapable of understanding that people disagree with you. You are sounding more liberal with every post! ;)

So, now we are back to locking the weapons up... which is what I said in the first place and then your side said, "no they would be allowed to open carry". In that case, locking them up, it would not have saved the lives of these children. There would not have been time for the teachers in the classroom to have gotten to said weapons.

And even if in this case the kindergarten teachers had been able to get to their weapons, would the mother have fired on her son? Who knows? But every situation is different. In some cases, maybe having armed teachers would save some lives, but maybe in others it would cost more lives.

Sorry, you are not man enough to hold a discussion with someone who does not agree with you.

Immie

Immie

Police officers who are assigned to schools don't have combat training. Why would teachers have to have combat training when police officers at school aren't required to have it?

Well, first of all, those resource officers do have police training and many of them may also have prior combat training in the military or what have you. You are talking about arming people with no real training at all and allowing them to roam the halls of school with those weapons or maybe it is only during an assault situation (a very stressful time) that you are willing to let them roam the halls armed.

Regardless of when you want to let them roam the halls armed, I am concerned that you are throwing gasoline on the fire to extinguish it.

Immie

Right! Sure.

Immie

It seems you are incapable of having an intelligent discussion with people that disagree with you. I was being honest with my questions yet you seem to be incapable of understanding that people disagree with you. You are sounding more liberal with every post! ;)

So, now we are back to locking the weapons up... which is what I said in the first place and then your side said, "no they would be allowed to open carry". In that case, locking them up, it would not have saved the lives of these children. There would not have been time for the teachers in the classroom to have gotten to said weapons.

And even if in this case the kindergarten teachers had been able to get to their weapons, would the mother have fired on her son? Who knows? But every situation is different. In some cases, maybe having armed teachers would save some lives, but maybe in others it would cost more lives.

Sorry, you are not man enough to hold a discussion with someone who does not agree with you.

Immie

Arguing with "people on my side" and then assigning me their position is bullshit. Then to call me not a man?

Fuck off

Immie

Arguing with "people on my side" and then assigning me their position is bullshit. Then to call me not a man?

Fuck off

I didn't say you were not a man. :D I just said you were not man enough to hold a discussion with someone who disagrees with you.

Immie

First-grade teacher Kaitlin Roig, 29, heard the gunshots in Sandy Hook Elementary and got up, closed her classroom door, ushered her students into the class bathroom, and wedged a storage unit in front of the door. When the police came to let her and her students out, she made them first slide their badges under the door to prove they were really cops, and not the gunman trying to trick her.

First grade teacher Vicki Soto, 27, tried to usher her students into a closet, thereby putting her body between them and the gunman, and was shot and killed.

Principal Dawn Hochsprung, 47, reportedly heard the gunshots and immediately jumped up and ran toward them. She also reportedly was shot and killed while trying to lunge at the gunman.

Music teacher Maryrose Kristopik reportedly ushered her students into a closet and barricaded the door to her classroom as the gunman hammered on it.

An unnamed teacher pulled two boys out of the line of fire and into a classroom, saving both their lives.

The school's custodian allegedly ran down the hallway, warning everyone that there was a gunman in the school, which gave many teachers and students a chance to hide or get away.

These are the people the left thinks are too stupid, too hysterical, too incompetent, too untrustworthy to be allowed guns to protect the children.

Immie

Well, first of all, those resource officers do have police training and many of them may also have prior combat training in the military or what have you. You are talking about arming people with no real training at all and allowing them to roam the halls of school with those weapons or maybe it is only during an assault situation (a very stressful time) that you are willing to let them roam the halls armed.

Regardless of when you want to let them roam the halls armed, I am concerned that you are throwing gasoline on the fire to extinguish it.

Immie
Did Adam Lanza have some sort of "prior combat training in the military or what have you."?

Immie

Fuck off

I didn't say you were not a man. :D I just said you were not man enough to hold a discussion with someone who disagrees with you.

Immie

I have had conversations with many people in this thread. The conversation has only gone south with trolls. You have done nothing in OUR conversation other than stupid anticdotes and played semantics with words.

And as is my "pattern" we are done.

First-grade teacher Kaitlin Roig, 29, heard the gunshots in Sandy Hook Elementary and got up, closed her classroom door, ushered her students into the class bathroom, and wedged a storage unit in front of the door. When the police came to let her and her students out, she made them first slide their badges under the door to prove they were really cops, and not the gunman trying to trick her.

First grade teacher Vicki Soto, 27, tried to usher her students into a closet, thereby putting her body between them and the gunman, and was shot and killed.

Principal Dawn Hochsprung, 47, reportedly heard the gunshots and immediately jumped up and ran toward them. She also reportedly was shot and killed while trying to lunge at the gunman.

Music teacher Maryrose Kristopik reportedly ushered her students into a closet and barricaded the door to her classroom as the gunman hammered on it.

An unnamed teacher pulled two boys out of the line of fire and into a classroom, saving both their lives.

The school's custodian allegedly ran down the hallway, warning everyone that there was a gunman in the school, which gave many teachers and students a chance to hide or get away.

These are the people the left thinks are too stupid, too hysterical, too incompetent, too untrustworthy to be allowed guns to protect the children.

Dawn Hochsprung was not allowed to carry a firearm on campus, yet she ran towards the sound of gunfire to protect children.
Bravery, valor, honor.
With the means to arm herself, perhaps fewer would be dead.

Immie

Immie
ok now we are getting some where
In North Carolina to conceal carry you must be trained and the same firearms training is what the police get.
Hows that?

Yes, and I can see in these reports somewhere, that if someone would have had a weapon they could have stopped this situation before it had gone that far.. Question, do you reckon they have any more recent pic's of the gunman(?), because it apears they are using some old pic's that dipict this guy as a skinney weakling of a feller, instead of someone smart enough or strong enough to pull this off like he did.

Forum List

Back