Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqbv-aqoao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

I hate to say this, but there are teachers out there that I think are the last people in the world that should have guns around children. I think most teachers would be more than capable of having a gun in the room and nothing ever happening, but do you want to risk that your grandchild's teacher is not the one that "snaps" next?

Kids can be pretty hard on teachers and push them to the limit and you want to put a gun in their reach at the crucial moment? If you ask me, you need to think that through more.

Immie
As with anything, you wouldn't put a gun into anyones hands like you imply here, but only into the hands of those who would or could qualify..

That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Of course they would have had time. Do you know how long it takes to shoot 28 people MULTIPLE times with a rifle? That's what we're talking about.

The 2008 school shooting in Israel...2 armed men entered the building (coming off the street) 6 minutes into the shooting. It was over at 14 minutes.

8 children shot.

Ah, yes, I forgot about you... you are the heroine that would save the world. Thank you for your input.

In the meantime, the smart teachers were protecting their own students... but you would have 15 or so armed and inexperienced men and women roaming the halls of the school in the less than 10 minutes that the shootings occurred shooting everything in sight.

Immie
inexperienced? of course you do realize they would be trained?

I don't have a crystal ball or anything but when the powers that be are forced to do something legislatively my guess is that based on priors they will go after assault weapons and big clips just for starters.

If the government is pushed into a corner over gun violence you can bet dollars to donuts that reason won't be a factor in what they end up doing.

You're wanting to ban weapons already ruled by the courts protected by the second amendment, and were not used in the mass murder.
But I will tell youy right now any attempt to ban fire arms will be the start of a civil war.

Rebabble. If you are anything ...it is stupid. Where did you read "I want" in anything I have said about the possibility that if these shooting sprees OR WORSE keep going that "I want" guns or clips taken out of the stores and arrests made when you buy something prohibited on line?

I have sugested several times that we at least try to do a better job figuring out who these cazy people are and make it very difficult for them to access weapons.
Dude give it a fucking rest you cannot write what you wrote and not be supportive of a gun ban.

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but do you think there'd be less people applying for teaching positions if applicants knew they'd be required to have a gun in the classroom or be required to attend firearms training as part of their formal training?

Arming teachers is idiocy.

Period.
having gun free zones is even worse and anyone who supports them is a moron.

That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Of course they would have had time. Do you know how long it takes to shoot 28 people MULTIPLE times with a rifle? That's what we're talking about.

The 2008 school shooting in Israel...2 armed men entered the building (coming off the street) 6 minutes into the shooting. It was over at 14 minutes.

8 children shot.

Ah, yes, I forgot about you... you are the heroine that would save the world. Thank you for your input.

In the meantime, the smart teachers were protecting their own students... but you would have 15 or so armed and inexperienced men and women roaming the halls of the school in the less than 10 minutes that the shootings occurred shooting everything in sight.

Immie

And I remember you...the apologist who supports abortion and pretty much every other progressive policy.

You don't have much faith in those brave, smart teachers. You really think they're so stupid they'd shoot each other instead of the shooter?

You morons deserve to be slaughtered. And eventually, you will be. Throw your guns away, by all means, and lay your necks upon the block.

But kindly keep your flabby, baby killing hands away from kids. You have no business dictating to parents and schools when they may, or may not, defend their children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqbv-aqoao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

I hate to say this, but there are teachers out there that I think are the last people in the world that should have guns around children. I think most teachers would be more than capable of having a gun in the room and nothing ever happening, but do you want to risk that your grandchild's teacher is not the one that "snaps" next?

Kids can be pretty hard on teachers and push them to the limit and you want to put a gun in their reach at the crucial moment? If you ask me, you need to think that through more.

Immie
As with anything, you wouldn't put a gun into anyones hands like you imply here, but only into the hands of those who would or could qualify..

People can qualify to hit targets without a lot of training, a steady hand and good eyesight and a person is well on their way, but that doesn't mean that they are trained for combat. Are you really thinking teachers should be trained for combat as well?

Sorry, I'm not opposed to trained officers being placed at schools, but I have a problem with 78 year old Mrs. K. Girl who should have retired 15 years ago, qualifying to carry a gun and roaming the halls of an elementary school with a .45 simply because she was capable of hitting the target a couple of times.

Immie

Last edited:

8 children shot.

Immie

And I remember you...the apologist who supports abortion and pretty much every other progressive policy.

You don't have much faith in those brave, smart teachers. You really think they're so stupid they'd shoot each other instead of the shooter?

You morons deserve to be slaughtered. And eventually, you will be. Throw your guns away, by all means, and lay your necks upon the block.

But kindly keep your flabby, baby killing hands away from kids. You have no business dictating to parents and schools when they may, or may not, defend their children.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're the baby killer.

You fight to ban abortions knowing damned well that banning abortions won't save one life... but, by God you won the debate... in the meantime, 1 million more babies keep on dying every single year... bravo for KG. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: You won the debate. Good for you!!!! I'm so proud of you.

It has never been about saving children for you. It has always been about winning the debate. :clap2: :clap2: I think that makes you a psychopath.

Immie

Immie

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're the baby killer.

You fight to ban abortions knowing damned well that banning abortions won't save one life... but, by God you won the debate... in the meantime, 1 million more babies keep on dying every single year... bravo for KG. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: You won the debate. Good for you!!!! I'm so proud of you.

It has never been about saving children for you. It has always been about winning the debate. :clap2: :clap2: I think that makes you a psychopath.

Immie

Calling her participation in a thread "debate" is rather generous don't you think? :lol:

Uh huh.

It's really amazing that all the same people who argue that killing babies is a *right* and good for the world also argue that under no circumstances should we have armed guards protecting our children from crazed armed attackers.

Hmmmmm...

Immie

People can qualify to hit targets without a lot of training, a steady hand and good eyesight and a person is well on their way, but that doesn't mean that they are trained for combat. Are you really thinking teachers should be trained for combat as well?

Sorry, I'm not opposed to trained officers being placed at schools, but I have a problem with 78 year old Mrs. Jones who should have retired 15 years ago, qualifying to carry a gun and roaming the halls of an elementary school with a .45 simply because she was capable of hitting the target a couple of times.

Immie
I thought you were smarter than this. You do realize not all police officer's go through combat training. Especially those assigned to be at school's

cpsv.org | Center for the Prevention of School Violence

Also interesting that the same people who argue that under no circumstances should school personnel be allowed to arm themselves against attack, also argue that crazy people should be allowed to roam free, and prison should be about "rehabilitation" and "reintegration" into society.

Immie

Sorry, I'm not opposed to trained officers being placed at schools, but I have a problem with 78 year old Mrs. K. Girl who should have retired 15 years ago, qualifying to carry a gun and roaming the halls of an elementary school with a .45 simply because she was capable of hitting the target a couple of times.

Immie

Discretion dictates that someone you just described would not be a candidate for any such program.

Your hyperbole is utterly pointless.

Sorry, I'm not opposed to trained officers being placed at schools, but I have a problem with 78 year old Mrs. Jones who should have retired 15 years ago, qualifying to carry a gun and roaming the halls of an elementary school with a .45 simply because she was capable of hitting the target a couple of times.

Immie
I thought you were smarter than this. You do realize not all police officer's go through combat training. Especially those assigned to be at school's

So? Your solution is to arm more staff untrained for combat to elementary schools? I thought you were smarter than that.

Immie

Immie

So? Your solution is to arm more staff untrained for combat to elementary schools? I thought you were smarter than that.

Immie
Did I miss something? police assigned to schools are not trained in combat tactics

Immie

Discretion dictates that someone you just described would not be a candidate for any such program.

Your hyperbole is utterly pointless.

Right! Sure.

Couple things with that... I thought you were for the 2nd Amendment? Now, you are for restricting Mrs K. Girl from arming herself when other teachers are armed on school property?

Second, I thought you were for smaller government. I know you are conservative, but here you go ready to add more government control in regards to training teachers for combat duty and licensing them to carry weapons on school grounds.

Immie

Immie
Did I miss something? police assigned to schools are not trained in combat tactics

You missed that you claimed they were not. I only took your word for it. Here let me point it out for you...

You do realize not all police officer's go through combat training. Especially those assigned to be at school's

And yet, you now want to add untrained teachers and arm them to the mix? What is wrong with you?

Immie

Last edited:
In fact, I'd be fine with just allowing the teachers with permits to pack. Or keep a couple of weapons in a central location and train all the teachers to use them...and whoever gets there first is the one who takes care of business.

Forum List

Back