Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

How do you know the shootout would occur in the hallway? How do you know the teacher isn't one of the brain dead on this site such as yourself who talk a big game but could just as easily blow their head off or blow a kid away in such an incident. How do you know the teacher doesn't blow a little kid's head off in an accidental discharge just from having the gun at school? You're only allowing for one scenario that fits your world view which is frankly stupid.

So..on the off chance that a teacher might harm a child in friendly fire, you opt for no protection from psychotics who are gunning for children.

Got it. Hopefully you'll be the next one in the line of fire, and not an innocent child who needs protection.

Just look at the law of percentages. We have maybe one school shooting a year. Yet if we arm teachers that's literally hundreds of thousands of guns in the classroom. Invariably there's going to be more accidents and more dead kids than your retarded notion of the lunch lady going all Rambo and stopping the once in a coon's age school shooting. And that's even assuming the lunch lady doesn't shoot herself or an innocent in the process.

And frankly, I don't care if you live or die because you as a human being don't matter.

Progressives feel that way about everybody.

That's why we should never listen to their so-called 'plans" to protect children. You don't believe they matter.

So..on the off chance that a teacher might harm a child in friendly fire, you opt for no protection from psychotics who are gunning for children.

Got it. Hopefully you'll be the next one in the line of fire, and not an innocent child who needs protection.

Just look at the law of percentages. We have maybe one school shooting a year. Yet if we arm teachers that's literally hundreds of thousands of guns in the classroom. Invariably there's going to be more accidents and more dead kids than your retarded notion of the lunch lady going all Rambo and stopping the once in a coon's age school shooting. And that's even assuming the lunch lady doesn't shoot herself or an innocent in the process.

And frankly, I don't care if you live or die because you as a human being don't matter.

That's why we should never listen to their so-called 'plans" to protect children. You don't believe they matter.

Three points. Number one, I'm not a progressive. Number two, it's amusing to me it took you so long up with this reply. Number three, I don't care if you personally live or die as you've proven with your comments here that you aren't worth anything and that you're just brainless cannon fodder.

Closing the state hospitals was not the answer.

Yes, sometimes spending money wisely is he answer.

It would cost more money on a already taxed educational system. When you trained a few educated teachers in the use of firearm it would cut the cost of hiring new people.
Not about the money anymore, and it shouldn't be..... It should be about getting a better system in place quickly for these vulnerable areas that we have, especially at these schools.. Then we can work on the bad culture problem in America.. We have to many kids living in single parent households anymore, and why is that ? We have to high an unemployment rate among the young adults in this nation anymore, and why is that ? We have to many kids on drugs anymore, and why is that ? We have way to much rebellion anymore, and why is that ? We have no future outlook anymore, and why is that ? Add to this if you like..

Increases in government spending haven't helped.

Wonder why.....

:eusa_eh:

Maybe throwing money at every issue is not effective.....

Of course, we could take the UK or Australian route and confiscate civilian firearms but unfortunately, that only caused violent and gun crime to skyrocket.

So, what's your solution?

58 Murders a Year by Firearms in Britain, 8,775 in US

umber of Murders, United States, 2010: 12,996

Number of Murders by Firearms, US, 2010: 8,775

Number of Murders, Britain, 2011*: 638
(Since Britain's population is 1/5 that of US, this is equivalent to 3,095 US murders)

Number of Murders by firearms, Britain, 2011*: 58

Meanwhile in the land down under....

Gun deaths halved in past 10 years - www.theage.com.au

The number of deaths caused by firearms dropped almost 50 per cent between 1991 and 2001, with the biggest yearly fall in deaths coming after the 1996 Port Arthur massacre.

Homicides dropped to 47 in 2001 from 84 in 1991, accidental deaths dropped to 18 from 29, while other forms of firearm deaths slipped to seven from 11.

You miss the point entirely. The point was that the more gun control, the more gun crime. It's true in the UK and Australia, even after an outright ban.

First, your UK stats are easily debunked.

Comparing crime rates between America and Britain is fundamentally flawed. In America, a gun crime is recorded as a gun crime. In Britain, a crime is only recorded when there is a final disposition (a conviction). All unsolved gun crimes in Britain are not reported as gun crimes, grossly undercounting the amount of gun crime there. To make matters worse, British law enforcement has been exposed for falsifying criminal reports to create falsely lower crime figures, in part to preserve tourism.

Secondly, your Australian stats includes suicides (deaths caused by firearms). Rather slippery of you. I'm more interested in people who hurt others.

Further, when you reference the Australian statistics between 1991 and 2001, it means NOTHING. Homicides and crime dropped in the US and just about every western culture country between those years.

Australia banned guns in 1996, NOT 1991. From the inception of firearm confiscation to 2000, firearm-related murders were up 19%, armed robberies were up 69%, and home invasions were up 21%. Oops.

Lastly, you still haven't answered the question. What do you propose? What is your solution that will prevent crazy motherfuckers and/or dumb thug criminals from doing crazy things with firearms?

Three points. Number one, I'm not a progressive. Number two, it's amusing to me it took you so long up with this reply. Number three, I don't care if you personally live or die as you've proven with your comments here that you aren't worth anything and that you're just brainless cannon fodder.

#1. You're lying.
#2. You view all people who don't agree with/aren't directly connected to you as without value.
#3. Progressives feel that way about everyone.

An old Manchu airborne knows BS when he smells it, and that is what you are shoveling, 9thIDdoc. No, civilians don't do that: over and over. It's not their life, their profession.

We need honest appraisal, clear thinking, and your statement below is neither.

False analogy. The military accepts friendly fire as a real event and trains for it. Over and over. Civilians don't do that.

Wrong. Some do and there is no reason others can't. Firearms can and should begin in school

No, civilians don't do that: over and over. It's not their life, their profession.

Again: It ain't rocket science and one doesn't have to have the training of a Navy Seal to master basic gun handling and use. Where I live it is rare for a youngster to become a teenager without considerable firearms training and they are often successful deer hunters at 12-14.

Jacobsdeer10.jpg

Last edited:

#1. You're lying.
#2. You view all people who don't agree with/aren't directly connected to you as without value.
#3. Progressives feel that way about everyone.

1. Bullshit
2. Bullshit
3. All anyone has to do is read your posts in Rubber Room to realize you are a useless old bitch who doesn't matter. Go to another of your white trash holiday parties and lose some weight.

I do give you credit for at least being somewhat coherent today though.

Please continue with your plans to make sure loons can easily wipe out kindergartners in every school without undue interference. I like it when progressives expose their attachment to killing children.

Please continue with your plans to make sure loons can easily wipe out kindergartners in every school without undue interference. I like it when progressives expose their attachment to killing children.

Who are you even talking to?

You don't need to play stupid, nobody doubts you are...

What you're saying makes no sense. I realize you don't have a lot going in your life and you're probably popping xanax or some other psych drug to cope with the emptiness and boredom in your life but your grasp on reality is slipping as you're making crazy inferences that having nothing to do with the conversation.

Closing the state hospitals was not the answer.

Yes, sometimes spending money wisely is he answer.

Not about the money anymore, and it shouldn't be..... It should be about getting a better system in place quickly for these vulnerable areas that we have, especially at these schools.. Then we can work on the bad culture problem in America.. We have to many kids living in single parent households anymore, and why is that ? We have to high an unemployment rate among the young adults in this nation anymore, and why is that ? We have to many kids on drugs anymore, and why is that ? We have way to much rebellion anymore, and why is that ? We have no future outlook anymore, and why is that ? Add to this if you like..

Increases in government spending haven't helped.

Wonder why.....

:eusa_eh:

Maybe throwing money at every issue is not effective.....

Perhaps you should open your own state hospital.

You don't need to play stupid, nobody doubts you are...

What you're saying makes no sense. I realize you don't have a lot going in your life and you're probably popping xanax or some other psych drug to cope with the emptiness and boredom in your life but your grasp on reality is slipping as you're making crazy inferences that having nothing to do with the conversation.

Uh, ok.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BallsBrunswick <---- Another juvenile misogynistic leftist reduced to frothing, incoherent, raging meltdown.

My work here is done. Time for a victory lap and a beer.

Oh, and "Balls": erasing the spittle-flecked neg doesn't change the fact that you sent it, I saw it, and you lost. And harassing me with personal messages won't make it better.

Bye now, asshole.

Last edited:
Thing is none of the weapons used were the type you just mentioned.

I don't have a crystal ball or anything but when the powers that be are forced to do something legislatively my guess is that based on priors they will go after assault weapons and big clips just for starters.

If the government is pushed into a corner over gun violence you can bet dollars to donuts that reason won't be a factor in what they end up doing.

You're wanting to ban weapons already ruled by the courts protected by the second amendment, and were not used in the mass murder.
But I will tell youy right now any attempt to ban fire arms will be the start of a civil war.

Rebabble. If you are anything ...it is stupid. Where did you read "I want" in anything I have said about the possibility that if these shooting sprees OR WORSE keep going that "I want" guns or clips taken out of the stores and arrests made when you buy something prohibited on line?

I have sugested several times that we at least try to do a better job figuring out who these cazy people are and make it very difficult for them to access weapons.

So you devise a system that keeps the weapon away from the kids but the teacher can get to and utilize quickly. It wouldn't be rocket science. I can't believe that American technology is so rusty they couldn't figure out how to do it. But yesterday, I can't imagine any of us would not have wholeheartedly supported any teacher who managed to gun down the gunman before he murdered all those kids.

Sure, that teacher would have been a hero, but then chances are good that the teacher in question would never have accomplished the heroic deeds you speak of without getting him/herself killed and maybe others.

I don't see your scenario as having a snowball's chance in Hell of happening. The guy didn't walk up to the room, knock on the door, say, "excuse me, I am stepping out and in 35 seconds I will return and kill all the children and teachers in the room". Unfortunately, I suspect those poor children were dead before one of the teachers could even have made it to her desk let alone find her keys to unlock the drawer in which the gun would have been stored.

Immie

According to the initial reports, this gunman emptied his magazine, stopped, RELOADED, and resumed shooting. Do you honestly think he would have accomplished all those murders if others in the school had been armed? Sure the gunman could have taken out the first teacher and then started on the kids. In fact that is probably the way it happened. But I guarantee you he wouldn't have killed them all in that classroom or done any damage anywhere else if teachers and administrators had been armed. And the teacher in that classroom would have been ready and waiting after he heard the initial shots in the administrative offices.

I appreciate your concerns Immie, but I'll take my chances with the teacher any day of the week before I'll take my chances that a crazed gunman intent on murder will show any compassion of any kind.

I disagree with you FF. The way that I understand what happened is that it was over before anyone really had time to react. The teachers in the room that the children were killed in would never have had a chance to get to their weapons and teachers in other rooms? Well, I don't think they could possibly have reacted in time to have stopped the killings.

In some cases where a shooter picks off one person at a time walking down a halway or something like that... yeah, maybe, but not when they go into a room and empty two magazines into 20 children and how many adults? How long did that take? Less than a minute, two at the max? Even if the shooter killed two or three people before entering the room with his mother and the kids, the teachers in each of the rooms would have been responsible for their own students and they would have been preparing for the worse in their own classrooms.

Armed or not... no hero or heroine teacher was going to be able to come to the aid of those children. None of them were Bruce Willis with a script written that would let them accomplish the impossible.

Immie

That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Of course they would have had time. Do you know how long it takes to shoot 28 people MULTIPLE times with a rifle? That's what we're talking about.

The 2008 school shooting in Israel...2 armed men entered the building (coming off the street) 6 minutes into the shooting. It was over at 14 minutes.

8 children shot.

That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Of course they would have had time. Do you know how long it takes to shoot 28 people MULTIPLE times with a rifle? That's what we're talking about.

The 2008 school shooting in Israel...2 armed men entered the building (coming off the street) 6 minutes into the shooting. It was over at 14 minutes.

8 children shot.

Ah, yes, I forgot about you... you are the heroine that would save the world. Thank you for your input.

In the meantime, the smart teachers were protecting their own students... but you would have 15 or so armed and inexperienced men and women roaming the halls of the school in the less than 10 minutes that the shootings occurred shooting everything in sight.

Immie

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but do you think there'd be less people applying for teaching positions if applicants knew they'd be required to have a gun in the classroom or be required to attend firearms training as part of their formal training?

Arming teachers is idiocy.

Period.
Why don't you allow a vote on that, it might surprise you what the teachers might want and what they don't want now... If they want it, then it is up to us to see that they get the right training for it.... If they don't want it, then it is up to us to get the alternative to it (plain clothes security officers), in which would work the job for them just as well.

Forum List

Back