Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Nice to see the ardent pro lifers being so pro life as usual. Hoping that some teacher had a gun so they could act in the pro life way and shoot someone.

You must be so proud.

The ardent pro-lifers, as usual, are attempting to protect innocent children from butchers, and as usual, progressives are claiming children don't rate protection, and are working as hard as they can to make sure the slaughter continues.

Schoolrooms, abortion clinics, it's all good, eh?.

And when the teacher has a bad day at the office? Or some thug starts pushing him or her around during class?

can you show us the stats that prove that teachers are violent as a group?

Any mass shootings?

Teachers shooting disruptive students?

Anything?

The ardent pro-lifers, as usual, are attempting to protect innocent children from butchers, and as usual, progressives are claiming children don't rate protection, and are working as hard as they can to make sure the slaughter continues.

Schoolrooms, abortion clinics, it's all good, eh?.

And when the teacher has a bad day at the office? Or some thug starts pushing him or her around during class?

Any mass shootings?

Anything?

Are students generally a violent group of people?
Your point?

You're the one who invoked the silly "gun culture" straw man argument....That you could provide some article from elsewhere invoking the same silly meme, doesn't suddenly make a straw man argument valid.

It's no more valid than blaming Rwanda's "machete culture" for the slaughter that went on there.

In any event, the one thing that is present in and common to all of those massacres is the completely unarmed and helpless victim.

Your country is awash with guns; you own 11 of the worst mass killings in the western world perpetrated by those carrying - generally - high powered weapons; and you easily own the highest homicide rate due to firearms the western world, yet my argument is a 'strawman'..

And you bringing Rwanda into the argument is what? A well thought out dissertion?

No wonder your country is fucked when it comes to mass shootings. I think you should change your nick from Oddball to Ostrich-boy...

Last edited:
Only in America.....

Talking gun violence: facts for a debate America has to have

THE air in the United States is thick with calls to avoid ''politicising'' the tragedy. That is code, essentially, for ''don't talk about reforming gun control laws''.

Let's be clear: That is a form of politicisation.

Eleven of the 20 worst mass shootings in the past 50 years happened in the US.

Kieran Healy, a sociologist at Duke University, in July made a graph of ''deaths due to assault'' in the US and other developed countries. The US is a clear outlier, with rates well above other countries. As Healy writes, ''The most striking features of the data are (1) how much more violent the US is than other OECD countries … and (2) the degree of change - and recently, decline - there has been in the US.''
Oh, so since half of them happened in America, that completely wipes the rest of them -all in nations with far stricter gun laws than exist in America BTW- off the boards?

And what of the genocide in Rwanda, that was perpetrated without a single shot being fired?....Was that the fault of Rwanda's "machete culture"?

No, they are not off the boards. Just saying of the 20 worst in western countries, you own 11 of them. There are about 20 other countries that fit the "western world" description - finland has two of them, Norway and Australia one each. Read the article. It's neither pro or anti gun. In fact, some of the points are just matter of fact.

Oh, so you want to compare Rwanda to the US? You really want to do that? Shall I compare a Polar Bear to a ladybug while I'm at it? Like the US and Rwanda those two critters have so much in common...<sarcasm>

Maybe the US and Somalia is a better comparison?

The killings aren't due to guns. They're due to psycos. The guns were merely the method. Would you prefer IED's or knives or what?

I'd rather face a psycho with a knife than a gun. I can outrun somebody with a knife. Never known anybody to outrun a bullet.

That aside, gun reform is needed. Note I say 'reform'. This does not equate to taking away your precious phallic peashooters away from you...

Any mass shootings?

Anything?

Are students generally a violent group of people?
Your point?

I bolded the part so that you can read it.

Hopefully you get the point now.

I'd rather shoot back.

But homicidal tyrants prefer unarmed peasants.

tiananmen-square-hero.jpg

The killings aren't due to guns. They're due to psycos. The guns were merely the method. Would you prefer IED's or knives or what?

The issue as I see it is the scale of killing that can be achieved with an automatic weapon.
Although not impossible, it's unlikely one person with a knife could kill 26 in one rampage.
Even if it did happen, it isn't likely to happen again within a few weeks or months.

The issue as I see it is the scale of killing that can be achieved with an automatic weapon.
Although not impossible, it's unlikely one person with a knife could kill 26 in one rampage.
Even if it did happen, it isn't likely to happen again within a few weeks or months.
He could with a suicide vest packed with C-4....I can get the recipe for that stuff right off the interwebz.

You're just not going to stop a homicidal maniac.

He could with a suicide vest packed with C-4....I can get the recipe for that stuff right off the interwebz.

And why does the US seem to produce so many? And maybe you need tighter laws so people can't get C4, or punishment enough that they are deterred from trying to get it...

An entire page of reactionary extremist hatred and blah blah blah.

Yes, we are going to need armed people inside the schools, and, yes, we are going to have to very carefully screen everyone who wants to own a gun.

Not a determined and resourceful one sure.
But with off-the-shelf weapons readily available, anyone having a shitty day can get themselves armed and out there killing before they have time to reconsider.

In my country, the ammunition and firearm have to be kept separated, with the weapon locked and disabled, perhaps by locking the bolt away separately as well.
One reason is so that the act of reassembling it requires more time and deliberation to try to reduce its use in a 'crime of passion'.

But with off-the-shelf weapons readily available, anyone having a shitty day can get themselves armed and out there killing before they have time to reconsider.

In my country, the ammunition and firearm have to be kept separated, with the weapon locked and disabled, perhaps by locking the bolt away separately as well.
One reason is so that the act of reassembling it requires more time and deliberation to try to reduce its use in a 'crime of passion'.
Won't stop the determined homicidal maniac.

Schools shootings aren't crimes of passion.

I don't think you understand the difference between semi-automatic and automatic.

Full auto ineeds a special federal license.

Last edited:

will the cops randomly inspect the storage of your firearms?

And do you politely ask the home invader thug to hold fast, while you assemble and load your weapon too?...How's that work out?

I don't think you understand the difference between and semi-automatic and an automatic.

Full auto ineeds a special federal license.

I understand the difference but, fair enough, I don't know the details of the licencing system.

will the cops randomly inspect the storage of your firearms?

No.

Forum List

Back