Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

What would be the procedure in repealing an Amendment to the Constitution?
I assume a national referendum on something as fundamental as that would be required.

If you really have to ask, you're too fucking ignorant to be allowed to discuss it.

One of the many problems that I see with this, is too many people assume that shooting someone is easy. It is 100% the exact opposite, especially in high stress situations. Police actually hit the suspects they were shooting at about 15-20% of the time. These are men and women that are trained heavily in the use of guns. There is no way that teachers are going to be nearly as trained or as ready as police are.

Military kill people with friendly fire, police do, vice-presidents shoot people on accident while hunting. Teachers? Nah they could never make a mistake.

So what's the worst that could happen? A bunch of dead children and teachers? Oh, look! WE ALREADY HAVE THAT!

A fucking mental disorder. That's all it could possibly be. Half the fucking country has gone insane. I have no other explanation.

We have thousands of armed security guards on duty in banks, courthouses, and other venues. Most of these are ordinary citizens that have been trained for their jobs. Personnel on commercial airliners, busses, trains, and ocean going vessels have access to firearms and are instructed to use them in case of emergency. The emergency would of course be to defend the passengers and/or crew against something or somebody intent on harming them.

How many of us can name even one incident where any of these people used those weapons inappropriately or in a way that endangered the passengers more than they already were?

It is simply beyond reason to assume that a properly trained school teacher, somebody we put in charge of our children for the greater part of their day, would be less responsible or capable of handling that duty in case of emergency.

Nice to see the ardent pro lifers being so pro life as usual. Hoping that some teacher had a gun so they could act in the pro life way and shoot someone.

You must be so proud.

Only a dumb, leftist twat would think the "pro-life" position is to stand there helplessly with your thumb up your ass while a crazed gunman shoots you and your classroom full of children dead.

Of course, only a dangerously sociopathic sicko would try to score points for her baby-killing agenda on the back of a school shooting.

Oh, THERE you are, Noomi! We were just talking about you!

Arming the teachers would be a good idea, but what happens if that teacher uses his/her gun to go on a killing spree?

Then we're no worse off than we are right now, obviously, fuckstain. Not like anything is stopping ANYONE from grabbing a gun and going on a killing spree at the moment.

Does it hurt to be as frigging stupid and evil as you are, or are you used to it by now?

Arming the teachers would be a good idea, but what happens if that teacher uses his/her gun to go on a killing spree?

do teachers have a histroy of going on killing sprees Noomi?

Teachers put up with a lot of shit from students and parents without going psycho.

Its still a possibility, is all - and what happens if that happens?

Then one of the OTHER armed teachers shoots and kills his sorry ass, obviously. That WAS the point of the whole thing.

Now do you want to posit an entire group of teachers experiencing a mass breakout of homicidal insanity? I'd be amazed at the ignorant leftist belief that everyone on the planet is one breath away from berserk killing sprees, if I couldn't see what YOU'RE like.

Now, before you get all riled up, see if this makes sense:

Don't arm all teachers. Each school would have 3 or 4 teachers that were screened and trained in firearms and what to do if a situation would occur. They would not be "packing", but would know where in the school the guns were kept (4 different locations) and have the key to get at them. (picture your old football coach or wrestling coach).
No one would know who these selected teachers were. ( so they weren't targets)
But everyone would know that ALL schools have 4 of them, so IF you planned on pulling a Newtown type attack, you'd have to think that your sorry butt may get blown away before you could do any real damage.

It would be nice if we could get rid of all guns and all violence, but until we do we have to be prepared to face real world dangers the best we can.

comments?
I agree with some of your statements, but not with the one about getting rid of all guns, but instead we just need to get rid of guns in the hands of bad people or make guns less atractive or cool to people, otherwise having only real responsible owners in search of weapons having them or owning them, and this only because they are facinated by their workings pertaining to there hunting capabilities or target shooting capabilities or defensive capabilities, but get these things out of the hands of so many criminals and bad people in this nation whom want to use them for wrong doings.

How guns became so previlent in the hands of bad people in this nation just amazes me, and the problem is for us, is that this is probably one of the best kept secrets among people in this nation, I mean about how these weapons got into or ended up in the hands of so many bad people now.

Law enforcement knows best, so why havn't they been pro-active to stop this problem of illegal gun running over the years, and these weapons ending up in the hands of so many bad people ? Just watch "gangland" for one example of or for starters, because that is just a start of the boasting in it all... Oh wait I know, it is because of political restraints, the revolving doorway at the justice departments, the corruption, dirty cops and etc. that caused all of this to have gone on in this nation, just like what happened in Vietnam where that war should have been won insted of lost. When will we learn that the politicians and our media etc. are working against us in so many ways, that it just isn't funny anymore ?

do teachers have a histroy of going on killing sprees Noomi?

Teachers put up with a lot of shit from students and parents without going psycho.

Its still a possibility, is all - and what happens if that happens?

Then one of the OTHER armed teachers shoots and kills his sorry ass, obviously. That WAS the point of the whole thing.

Now do you want to posit an entire group of teachers experiencing a mass breakout of homicidal insanity? I'd be amazed at the ignorant leftist belief that everyone on the planet is one breath away from berserk killing sprees, if I couldn't see what YOU'RE like.
Good points..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqbv-aqoao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I say yes. Of course proper precautions should be taken but lets allow administration officials to protect the children and themselves.

Can we arm everyone at movie theaters?

Why does it have to be "everyone"? If you want to sit there helplessly and wait for other people to protect you, that's fine. Fortunately for you, there are REAL men in this country who are willing to do the heavy lifting for the pussies among us.

Meanwhile, if I owned a movie theater, I'd be giving discounts on tickets to people with guns and valid permits for them.

Time to arm the teachers ? :cuckoo:

Boy, what a well thought out statement....

Wow, did you give the suggestion even two nanoseconds of thought before you puked all your standard libtard bullshit all over the damned place?

Go fuck yourself, dumbass.

You could make this argument with any issue in America, but we rely on training and background checks and every other check that is needed, beyond that we are all in God's hands.

Noomi thought the woman who taped her child to the wall and beat her into a coma should have gotten a light sentence. You aren't going to see her advocating safety measures for children, nor are you going to see her moved by concern for children.

But you WILL, apparently, see her put her children into the care of someone she doesn't trust and thinks is dangerous, incompetent, and potentially homicidal.

Interesting.

Gonna need to show a link of Noomi stating that.

OK

I think that life is a bit excessive, but the child should be placed into care and mum should be jailed for a short period so she learns her lesson.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/6127297-post11.html
I wonder what her short period thinking is ? 1 year and probation ? I would like to hear from her on this..

"Learn her lesson"? Noomi the Sociopath thinks "don't glue your kid to the wall and beat her" is a LESSON PEOPLE NEED TO BE TAUGHT?!

And people think I'm being too harsh when I call that evil cow a sociopath.

Now, before you get all riled up, see if this makes sense:

Don't arm all teachers. Each school would have 3 or 4 teachers that were screened and trained in firearms and what to do if a situation would occur. They would not be "packing", but would know where in the school the guns were kept (4 different locations) and have the key to get at them. (picture your old football coach or wrestling coach).
No one would know who these selected teachers were. ( so they weren't targets)
But everyone would know that ALL schools have 4 of them, so IF you planned on pulling a Newtown type attack, you'd have to think that your sorry butt may get blown away before you could do any real damage.

It would be nice if we could get rid of all guns and all violence, but until we do we have to be prepared to face real world dangers the best we can.

comments?
I agree with some of your statements, but not with the one about getting rid of all guns, but instead we just need to get rid of guns in the hands of bad people or make guns less atractive or cool to people, otherwise having only real responsible owners in search of weapons having them or owning them, and this only because they are facinated by their workings pertaining to there hunting capabilities or target shooting capabilities or defensive capabilities, but get these things out of the hands of so many criminals and bad people in this nation whom want to use them for wrong doings.

How guns became so previlent in the hands of bad people in this nation just amazes me, and the problem is for us, is that this is probably one of the best kept secrets among people in this nation, I mean about how these weapons got into or ended up in the hands of so many bad people now.

Law enforcement knows best, so why havn't they been pro-active to stop this problem of illegal gun running over the years, and these weapons ending up in the hands of so many bad people ? Just watch "gangland" for one example of or for starters, because that is just a start of the boasting in it all... Oh wait I know, it is because of political restraints, the revolving doorway at the justice departments, the corruption, dirty cops and etc. that caused all of this to have gone on in this nation, just like what happened in Vietnam where that war should have been won insted of lost. When will we learn that the politicians and our media etc. are working against us in so many ways, that it just isn't funny anymore ?

We need to return to a culture where bad guys are an anomally instead of common place. Where burglary, rape, assault, and murder are uncommon things instead of every day occurrences. Where repeated immoral and destructive behavior costs sports and entertainment figures their careers instead of making them national icons admired by many. Where there are again voluntary standards for language and content of activities and entertainment for children. Where people have concepts of right and wrong drilled into them early on and are applauded for choosing to live constructive lives and make positive social choices and scorned for bad behavior. Where activities and opportunities that reinforce good choices and discourage bad ones are not only condoned but encouraged. Where most Americans can walk the streets in safety at any time of day or night just about everywhere instead of that becoming a much less common thing.

There was such a time in America, and yes, people were more heavily armed then than they are now.

One of the many problems that I see with this, is too many people assume that shooting someone is easy. It is 100% the exact opposite, especially in high stress situations. Police actually hit the suspects they were shooting at about 15-20% of the time. These are men and women that are trained heavily in the use of guns. There is no way that teachers are going to be nearly as trained or as ready as police are.

Military kill people with friendly fire, police do, vice-presidents shoot people on accident while hunting. Teachers? Nah they could never make a mistake.

So what's the worst that could happen? A bunch of dead children and teachers? Oh, look! WE ALREADY HAVE THAT!

A fucking mental disorder. That's all it could possibly be. Half the fucking country has gone insane. I have no other explanation.

We have thousands of armed security guards on duty in banks, courthouses, and other venues. Most of these are ordinary citizens that have been trained for their jobs. Personnel on commercial airliners, busses, trains, and ocean going vessels have access to firearms and are instructed to use them in case of emergency. The emergency would of course be to defend the passengers and/or crew against something or somebody intent on harming them.

How many of us can name even one incident where any of these people used those weapons inappropriately or in a way that endangered the passengers more than they already were?

It is simply beyond reason to assume that a properly trained school teacher, somebody we put in charge of our children for the greater part of their day, would be less responsible or capable of handling that duty in case of emergency.

You're brilliant, and I wish I could rep you again.

You're brilliant, and I wish I could rep you again.

LOL. Far from brilliant. But I like to think I am of normal intelligence and able to utilize common sense and reason despite how much others push fanatical concepts of political correctness or are so brainwashed in anti gun talking points that they no longer can see the forest for the trees.

Seriously people. All the teachers probably won't choose to be armed or take special training to keep a firearm at school. But certainly some, given the chance, will. Do you honestly believe that teacher entrusted with the safety and well being of your child for 30 to 40 or more hours every week would be more of a danger to your child than the sociopathic maniac determined to kill as many as he can? And can anybody logically think we would have 20 dead 5 to 7 year olds plus 7 dead faculty members at Sandy Hook Elementary if some of the teachers in that school had been armed?

Last edited:
[...]

The keywords there are "properly trained."

To deal with this kind of threat will take a lot more training than is typically available to new gun owners, which is basically how to safely handle the weapon and to put three out of six hits on a paper target at twenty feet. The fact is it will take a trained gunfighter to properly and adequately confront a well-armed, suicidal assassin at close range. And this requires many, many hours of intensive, exhausively repetitive training and, most importantly, it calls for a certain mentality which is not typical of the vast majority of teachers.

The mindset needed to produce an effective response to a well-armed, suicidal, mass killer calls for the kind of intensive conditioning which enables reflexive responses, thus bypassing the potential for freezing under threat and eliminating the need to think about what to do. This reflexive capability not only requires extensive training but frequent practice (stimulus) sessions.

So the idea of arming school teachers is essentially naive and uninformed.

We can always count on Foxy to bring some wisdom to the table for discussion.

[...]

The keywords there are "properly trained."

To deal with this kind of threat will take a lot more training than is typically available to new gun owners, which is basically how to safely handle the weapon and to put three out of six hits on a paper target at twenty feet. The fact is it will take a trained gunfighter to properly and adequately confront a well-armed, suicidal assassin at close range. And this requires many, many hours of intensive, exhausively repetitive training and, most importantly, it calls for a certain mentality which is not typical of the vast majority of teachers.

The mindset needed to produce an effective response to a well-armed, suicidal, mass killer calls for the kind of intensive conditioning which enables reflexive responses, thus bypassing the potential for freezing under threat and eliminating the need to think about what to do. This reflexive capability not only requires extensive training but frequent practice (stimulus) sessions.

So the idea of arming school teachers is essentially naive and uninformed.

The same training as is given security guards, bus drivers, airline pilots and key flight attendant staff, train conductors, cruise ship personnel? Again, how many incidents can you name in which any of these have used their weapons inappropriately? Do you honestly believe that teachers, given the same degree of training, would somehow be far more dangerous having a weapon at their disposal than would any of these thousands and thousands of other folks?

"It would be nice if we could get rid of all guns and all violence, but until we do we have to be prepared to face real world dangers the best we can."

It would be wise to note that there was more than enough violence to go around before guns were invented.

Forum List

Back