Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

will the cops randomly inspect the storage of your firearms?

When you first get your licence they do but they don't routinely carry out inspections afterward.

I routinely keep my bolt action rifles stored with the bolts removed and the bolts seperate.

No accidents.

My two handguns are in strategic places. they are not loaded but can be loaded quickly.

I also have a couple tomahawks handy.

The chances of a home invasion are slim in my area. Burglaries / theft are not uncommon. Thieves look for targets of opportunity. Not making it easy for burglars is the key. they steal from cars at night.

they look for cash, drugs, electronics and guns. Usually handguns because that is what they can fence.

No i don't need an assault weapon, whatever that is.
I do own some semi-autos and will not relinquish them voluntarily.

I don't think they will steal my blackpowder guns. Theiy are on drugs and can't bother to figure out how to load and operate a percussion or flint firelock.

Why would the gun grabbers want to take my flintlocks?

I don't believe they have the smarts to use them either judging from the ignorance of the gun grabbers on USMB.

So you have two tomahawks and three firearms plus same antiques in case you get broken into and you live in a low-crime area?

Talk about paranoid.

I wouldn't be banging on about the smarts of 'gun grabbers' if you are so insecure you need that much fire power.

I live in a similar area. Don't have a single firearm. Have a mean kitchen knife though!

I know that the libtard gun-grabbing whores that are asking for statistics really couldnt give a shit whether statistics really are available or not or if they support their policies or not.

But for the record:

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:
•In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
•Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
•Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:
•Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
•During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
•Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
•At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
•Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

While this doesn't prove that more guns would impact crime rates, it does prove that gun control is a flawed policy. Furthermore, this highlights the most important point: gun banners promote failed policy regardless of the consequences to the people who must live with them, says the Examiner.

will the cops randomly inspect the storage of your firearms?

When you first get your licence they do but they don't routinely carry out inspections afterward.

I routinely keep my bolt action rifles stored with the bolts removed and the bolts seperate.

No accidents.

My two handguns are in strategic places. they are not loaded but can be loaded quickly.

The chances of a home invasion are slim in my area. Burglaries / theft are not uncommon. Thieves look for targets of opportunity. Not making it easy for burglars is the key. they steal from cars at night.

they look for cash, drugs, electronics and guns. Usually handguns because that is what they can fence.

I don't think they will steal my blackpowder guns. Theiy are on drugs and can't bother to figure out how to load and operate a percussion or flint firelock.

I don't believe they have the smarts to use them either judging from the ignorance of the gun grabbers on USMB.

Good for you.
I'm not anti-gun - I own a few myself, but not for protection.
I lock my doors at night to stop entry into my garage to keep my toys and tools secure.

You obviously have a responsible and cautious attitude to gun ownership yourself, don't you feel a body like the NRA is a poor representative for the likes of you?

I know that the libtard gun-grabbing whores that are asking for statistics really couldnt give a shit whether statistics really are available or not or if they support their policies or not.

But for the record:

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:
•Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
•During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
•At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.

While this doesn't prove that more guns would impact crime rates, it does prove that gun control is a flawed policy. Furthermore, this highlights the most important point: gun banners promote failed policy regardless of the consequences to the people who must live with them, says the Examiner.

Simply put:
1) I don't trust the source - there is no link to where these stats have come from.
2) There is also no attempt to corelate any link between these alleged increases in crime and the gun ban.
3) You also seem to be under the impression (and this also goes for the UK and NZ,too), that these countries strict gun laws have stopped people being armed and that these places were awash with guns in the first place. They were not. Compared to the US, these countries had bugger-all guns. BTW, in NZ and UK (not Australia), as long as I have a gun licence, I can go and buy a rifle or shotgun tomorrow. So you are posting under false premises...

No accidents.

I own 7 guns, never disassembled any of them for storing, only to clean them, and I have owned them or other guns in similar quantity for the last thirty years. I also h ave had no accidents, though I had a close call once while in high school and it had nothing to do with how I stored them but clumsiness on the part of an acquaintence.

So why do you think removing the bolts is necesary?

I carry a loaded gun daily but dont chamber a round. I know alot of CC types dont like that idea, but I dislike the idea of someone grabbing my gun and immediately shooting me withit. Unless they are familiar with my gun model they might not realize what to do when the trigger pull doesnt go bang.

Sounds like you live in what people used to call a nice neighborhood. These seem to an endangered species of neighborhood.

Hence the rub when libtards ban 'assault weapons'. The definition is ambiguous if you arent using the military definition of fullly automatic weapons that keep firing as long as yo hold the trigger down.

But suppose they make it involuntary? I dont know what I would do.

The libtards get a warm fuzzy feeling when they disarm law abiding citizens or see them beaten up and/or robbed. They get really pissed if one of them dares to defend themselves and refer to it as vigilantiism.

But for the record:

Simply put:
1) I don't trust the source - there is no link to where these stats have come from.
2) There is also no attempt to corelate any link between these alleged increases in crime and the gun ban.
3) You also seem to be under the impression (and this also goes for the UK and NZ,too), that these countries strict gun laws have stopped people being armed and that these places were awash with guns in the first place. They were not. Compared to the US, these countries had bugger-all guns. BTW, in NZ and UK (not Australia), as long as I have a gun licence, I can go and buy a rifle or shotgun tomorrow. So you are posting under false premises...

Any comparison of Australia and the USA is more than a little ridiculous: Other than the fact that both places were originally English colonies, they have very few demographics in common.

But for the record:

Simply put:
1) I don't trust the source -

Of course you dont since it contradicts your libtard/fascist hostility to gun ownership. Ad hominem is about all you got.

there is no link to where these stats have come from.

It is an authoritative sight where their rep depends on giving accurate information. They dont need to provide fucking links. You are welcome to look for contrary data if you want to piss off your time.

Sure there is, it is all about corelation, but the causal links are not discussed.

I am under no such fucking assumption, impression or whatever other bullshit condescending clap trap you want to push out there.

I live in the most gun loving country on Earth, and grew up in the most gun loving state of this nation, TEXAS, where there are more armed adults than any other state in the country(though some smaller western states get points for percentage ownership, but who cares?)

I am fully aware of the sad little grasp at a shadow of security that these degenerate, emasculated populations in the UK, NZ and OZ have subscribed to and it is truly pathetic. That any fully grown law- abiding male would ever voluntarily give up his guns is a fucking truly heinous crime against nature.

The data was about AUSTRALIA's gun ban and compared the results to the US and so the UK and NZ is irrelevant to that specific comparison.

So disarming the US is not the easy-peasy situation that might lead a rasonable person to want to strip people of their God given rights just to do some kind of predictable experiment as in Australia. We dont need to wait for a cop to show up and protect us from bad guys something that is very liberating and empowering. Not the kind of thing subjects of the Crown would comprehend.

But for the record:

Simply put:

Any comparison of Australia and the USA is more than a little ridiculous: Other than the fact that both places were originally English colonies, they have very few demographics in common.

True to a degree. I'm not doing the comparison. Jim is...

But for the record:

Simply put:

It isnt ridiculous Einstein just because they are not exactly the same. Comparisons and contrasts of any two things or situations can be illuminating, no matter how different. A comparison two English speaking countries that are former colonies of the same exploitative empire is about as close a comparison as one can expect. What other country would you compare the US to that has banned guns that would be more relevant?

The US and Australia do have a lot in common except that the US has a far stronger gun culture than Australia, but if even the sheep in Australia have the balls to take advantage of gun bans and increase their crime rates, then it would be virtually chaos and bedlam in the US.

Simply put:

True to a degree. I'm not doing the comparison. Jim is...

Someone brought up relevant gun facts to which a libtard gave the immediate knee-jerk reflex and asked for some links, which I provided.

And what other nation would be more comparable to the US that has banned guns anyway, doofus?

They used to be armed with a little morning prayer. Seems to me a pretty strong correlation between when we kicked God out of schools and the escalation of horrendous events in schools.

Of course you dont since it contradicts your libtard/fascist hostility to gun ownership. Ad hominem is about all you got.

I'd just settle for links so I can ascertain the credibility of the source and how the info was collected

It is an authoritative sight where their rep depends on giving accurate information. They dont need to provide fucking links. You are welcome to look for contrary data if you want to piss off your time.

Authoritive to who? Those gun nuts who like their peashooters like yourself? LOL. Good one! NOT...Pete Du Pont is onboard...Gee, no agenda there. From the site's "About Us" section. "Our goal is to develop and promote private, free-market alternatives to government regulation and control,"...

I live in the most gun loving country on Earth, and grew up in the most gun loving state of this nation, TEXAS, where there are more armed adults than any other state in the country(though some smaller western states get points for percentage ownership, but who cares?)

:clap2::clap2: Give the guy a Kewpie Doll. So you live in Hickest town in the Hickest state in the Union....:clap2:

I am fully aware of the sad little grasp at a shadow of security that these degenerate, emasculated populations in the UK, NZ and OZ have subscribed to and it is truly pathetic. That any fully grown law- abiding male would ever voluntarily give up his guns is a fucking truly heinous crime against nature..

You say that like it's a bad thing. IOW, we live our lives not running around with our peashooters scared out of our little brains that the govt's out to get me, or that I might be the victim of a home invasion. There's somebody around here scared shitless, but it ain't NZers, Aussies or Brits.

The data was about AUSTRALIA's gun ban and compared the results to the US and so the UK and NZ is irrelevant to that specific comparison.

That's if the data can be believed and until you link to how it was gathered, who gathered it, and the parameters, it'll get the lipservice it deserves.

So disarming the US is not the easy-peasy situation that might lead a rasonable person to want to strip people of their God given rights just to do some kind of predictable experiment as in Australia. We dont need to wait for a cop to show up and protect us from bad guys something that is very liberating and empowering. Not the kind of thing subjects of the Crown would comprehend.

Who wants to disarm the US. Gun control is not disarming.
I may be a subject of the Crown, but I am so much more free than you will ever be, it beggar's belief...

Last edited:

No accidents.

So you have two tomahawks and three firearms plus same antiques in case you get broken into and you live in a low-crime area?

Talk about paranoid.

I wouldn't be banging on about the smarts of 'gun grabbers' if you are so insecure you need that much fire power.

I live in a similar area. Don't have a single firearm. Have a mean kitchen knife though!

thanks for the diagnosis Dr.

Am i paranoid to have 3 weeks worth of food, water, and firewood too?

They used to be armed with a little morning prayer. Seems to me a pretty strong correlation between when we kicked God out of schools and the escalation of horrendous events in schools.

The kids in the Amish schoolhouse were "armed with a little morning prayer". Why did they have to be killed?

A milk-truck driver carrying three guns and a childhood grudge stormed a one-room Amish schoolhouse Monday, sent the boys and adults outside, barricaded the doors with two-by-fours, and then opened fire on a dozen girls, killing three people before committing suicide. Early Tuesday, two more children died of wounds, a hospital spokeswoman and state police said.

At least five other victims were critically wounded, authorities said.

It was the nation’s third deadly school shooting in less than a week, and it sent shock waves through Lancaster County’s bucolic Amish country , a picturesque landscape of horse-drawn buggies, green pastures and neat-as-a-pin farms, where violent crime is virtually nonexistent.

Most of the victims had been shot execution-style at point-blank range after being lined up along the chalkboard, their feet bound with wire and plastic ties, authorities said. Two young students were killed, along with a female teacher’s aide who was slightly older than the students, state police Commissioner Jeffrey B. Miller said.

5 child dies after school shooting - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

No accidents.

Good for you.
I'm not anti-gun - I own a few myself, but not for protection.
I lock my doors at night to stop entry into my garage to keep my toys and tools secure.

You obviously have a responsible and cautious attitude to gun ownership yourself, don't you feel a body like the NRA is a poor representative for the likes of you?

the NRA is the only gun lobby.

I don't think they are as evil as you make them out to be. That Pearce fellow is no one I ever heard of.

I know a couple guys over at NRA headquarters.

They are not so bad.

I'd rather shoot back.

But homicidal tyrants prefer unarmed peasants.

tiananmen-square-hero.jpg

Coincidentally, so do crazed gunmen on shooting sprees. :eusa_shifty:

The killings aren't due to guns. They're due to psycos. The guns were merely the method. Would you prefer IED's or knives or what?

The issue as I see it is the scale of killing that can be achieved with an automatic weapon.
Although not impossible, it's unlikely one person with a knife could kill 26 in one rampage.
Even if it did happen, it isn't likely to happen again within a few weeks or months.

The guy in China got 22 with a knife, I believe.

And since it's already illegal to own automatic weapons, I really am missing the point of you talking about them at all.

And do you politely ask the home invader thug to hold fast, while you assemble and load your weapon too?...How's that work out?

Oddly enough, gun crimes are very rare.
0.17 per 100,000 people compared to 2.98 in the US (according to slightly old info in Wikipedia List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Didn't ask you about gun crimes...I asked you about home invasions, sometimes known as "hot burglaries", which skyrocketed when England instituted its gun ban.

Oh, he doesn't care about that. He's been told that people aren't doing naughty things with those evil guns any more, so he feels all toasty warm and safe now, despite the fact that his country is actually more violent now that fools like him have disarmed the public.

Forum List

Back