Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

You are the same as JimeBowie, Roo, Daveman and other loons.

You babble, you offer nothing of worth, and the day approaches when you will have to be dealt with when you threaten the validity and safety of the American narrative.
JimBowie is a reactionary whore of the far right. He babbles much and says nothing of import.
Damn jake why do you accuse others of what you do?

There you going yapping about something but not adding anything to the discussion.

School shootings - indeed mass public shootings are very rare events - so rare you really can't predict or prepare. Contrary to media coverage they really haven't been on the increase - it just seems that way because with the media today, there is no distance any more. I think this piece sums it up best...

The deadliest school massacre in US history was in 1927. Why its aftermath matters now – Quartz

In the end there were 38 children dead at the school, two teachers and four other adults.

I’m not talking about the horrific shooting in Connecticut today. I’m talking about the worst school murder in American history. It took place in Michigan, in 1927. A school board official, enraged at a tax increase to fund school construction, quietly planted explosives in Bath Township Elementary. Then, the day he was finally ready, he set off an inferno. When crowds rushed in to rescue the children, he drove up his shrapnel-filled car and detonated it, too, killing more people, including himself. And then, something we’d find very strange happened.

Nothing.

No cameras were placed at the front of schools. No school guards started making visitors show identification. No Zero Tolerance laws were passed, nor were background checks required of PTA volunteers—all precautions that many American schools instituted in the wake of the Columbine shootings, in 1999. Americans in 1928—and for the next several generations —continued to send their kids to school without any of these measures. They didn’t even drive them there. How did they maintain the kind of confidence my own knees and heart don’t feel as I write this?

They had a distance that has disappeared. A distance that helped them keep the rarity and unpredictability of the tragedy in perspective, granting them parental peace.

“In 1928, the odds are that if people in this country read about this tragedy, they read it several days later, in place that was hard to get to,” explains Art Markman, author of “Smart Thinking” (Perigee Books, 2012). “You couldn’t hop on a plane and be there in an hour. Michigan? If you were living in South Carolina, it would be a three-day drive. It’s almost another country. You’d think, ‘Those crazy people in Michigan,’ same as if a school blows up in one of the breakaway Republics.”

Time and space create distance. But today, those have compressed to zero. The Connecticut shooting comes into our homes–even our hands–instantly, no matter where we live. We see the shattered parents in real time. The President can barely maintain composure. This sorrow isn’t far away, it’s local for every single one of us.

And of course it brings up Columbine. Two horrors, separated by years and miles, are now fused into one. It feels like terrible things are happening to our children all the time, everywhere. Nowhere is safe.

As a result, I expect we will now demand precautions on top of precautions. More guards. More security cameras. More supervision. We will fear more for our kids and let go of them even more reluctantly. Every time we wonder if they can be safe beyond our arms, these shootings will swim into focus.

Will this new layer of fear and security make our children any safer? Probably not, but for a reassuring reason: A tragedy like this is so rare, our kids are already safe. Not perfectly safe. No one ever is. But safe.

That’s a truth the folks in 1928 America understood. We just don’t feel that way now.

Not when there’s no distance between us and the parents in Newtown.
To try and water this down with something that happened in 1928 is rediculous I feel, so I am saddened at the attempt.. These events are happening to much these days, and there are no comparisons as to the rates that these events are happening now in America..

Discounting your unreal perception of what is America adds mightily to the discussion.

The loons like you do not rule the great majority of the citizens.

You babble, you offer nothing of worth, and the day approaches when you will have to be dealt with when you threaten the validity and safety of the American narrative.
Damn jake why do you accuse others of what you do?

There you going yapping about something but not adding anything to the discussion.

[
To try and water this down with something that happened in 1928 is rediculous I feel, so I am saddened at the attempt.. These events are happening to much these days, and there are no comparisons as to the rates that these events are happening now in America..

It's not watering it down. It's interjecting a bit of reality into the hysteria. They are, overall, very very rare events. Rare events are hard to predict or to prepare for.

What evidence do you have that these events are happening more frequently? According to this article, it is not happening more frequently: No rise in mass killings, but their impact is huge - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Discounting your unreal perception of what is America adds mightily to the discussion.

You're a disgusting little troll that doesn't even have control over his own bowel movement much less anyone else. But he does try to dictate what will be. Fucking trash.

[

It's not watering it down. It's interjecting a bit of reality into the hysteria. They are, overall, very very rare events. Rare events are hard to predict or to prepare for.

What evidence do you have that these events are happening more frequently? According to this article, it is not happening more frequently: No rise in mass killings, but their impact is huge - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL
Kidding me right ??

Why limit your question to home invasions only?
What about tagging? Shitting on the lawn? Stealing the milk money?

You don't understand the difference between breaking into a home while the family is there, and shitting on the lawn? Seriously?

You DO realize that you're too stupid to be taken seriously, and really shouldn't be allowed to comment on adult issues, right?

What is the cut-off then?
Playing your music too loud in your car?
Walking back from the corner store carrying Skittles?
Cheap shots trying to label all with the mistakes of others eh, so beware of these little slicksters you all, because they got more tricks and idiocy up their sleves than the law allows... This is why nothing can be resolved in this nation, because of these excuse making spin mysters, and worse accusers of the bretheren, that are previlent now amongst the good people these days in America..

Last edited:
Didn't ask you about gun crimes...I asked you about home invasions, sometimes known as "hot burglaries", which skyrocketed when England instituted its gun ban.

Oh, he doesn't care about that. He's been told that people aren't doing naughty things with those evil guns any more, so he feels all toasty warm and safe now, despite the fact that his country is actually more violent now that fools like him have disarmed the public.

Really?
How so?
Do you equate the lack of carrying guns with timidity?

No, I equate you with stupidity. and I equate disarmament zealots in general with extreme stupidity.

The issue as I see it is the scale of killing that can be achieved with an automatic weapon.
Although not impossible, it's unlikely one person with a knife could kill 26 in one rampage.
Even if it did happen, it isn't likely to happen again within a few weeks or months.

The guy in China got 22 with a knife, I believe.

And since it's already illegal to own automatic weapons, I really am missing the point of you talking about them at all.

You didn't read my post through your haze of gun-powder smoke.
When was the last mass shooting in the US?
When was the last mass stabbing?
Which one has the shortest interval?
Is the point a bit too vague for you?

I accept that automatic weapons might be illegal, but the point still remains about the extra carnage that can be achieved with greater fire rates and ammunition capacity.

No, the point still remains that YOU were talking about something that is already illegal. So apparently, I read "through my haze of gunpowder (it's not hyphenated, Einstein) smoke" just fine.

If your point was about "greater fire rates and ammunition capacity", then perhaps NEXT time, you could try talking about THAT, instead of babbling out of your ass about something you THOUGHT was legal here, but isn't.

Better yet, you could just tend to your own backward country, and mind your fucking business about ours, particularly since you're bloviating about laws you don't even know.

You don't understand the difference between breaking into a home while the family is there, and shitting on the lawn? Seriously?

You DO realize that you're too stupid to be taken seriously, and really shouldn't be allowed to comment on adult issues, right?

Knocking on the wrong door at Halloween and not knowing enough English to stop when someone yells "Freeze!"?

Once again, you have redefined the statement, "If you have to ask, you're too stupid to understand the answer."

If you ever figure out how breaking into a home while the family is still there is JUST A BIT more dangerous and violent than spitting on the sidewalk, DO let me know, won't you?

Oh, and as for your utterly failed attempt at being clever in regards to the George Zimmerman case, let me just say . . . "Ooh, yet ANOTHER event in America which your opinion is unwelcomed, irrelevant, and uninformed beyond all belief."

We'll call you if we want instructions on raping sheep, though.

Oh, he doesn't care about that. He's been told that people aren't doing naughty things with those evil guns any more, so he feels all toasty warm and safe now, despite the fact that his country is actually more violent now that fools like him have disarmed the public.

Really?
How so?
Do you equate the lack of carrying guns with timidity?

No, I equate you with stupidity. and I equate disarmament zealots in general with extreme stupidity.

= Just another gun nut. Just what the US needs...more rabid drones dribbling on about their gun 'right'

Here's one for you Cesspit, how about growing the fuck up...

Better yet, you could just tend to your own backward country, and mind your fucking business about ours, particularly since you're bloviating about laws you don't even know.

Says the fat munter who comments on NZ laws without even knowing them....

Christ, was there ever such a Moron on a messageboard as ill informed as the Cesspit...

They used to be armed with a little morning prayer. Seems to me a pretty strong correlation between when we kicked God out of schools and the escalation of horrendous events in schools.

that may be one of the most ridiculous attempts at a correlation that i've ever heard.

You're a disgusting little troll that doesn't even have control over his own bowel movement much less anyone else. But he does try to dictate what will be. Fucking trash.

Starkey is a Tar Baby; his only accomplishment is to feel like he is tying you up with a bunch of his stupid lies and demands for documentation to keep you from helping to expose libtard bullshit.

It is best to completely ignore him since he never says anything of any use anyway, and I think just about everyone gets it now. Remember how he just knew that Romney should get the nomination because he would beat Obama in the general election?

What a freaking dumbass joke.

They used to be armed with a little morning prayer. Seems to me a pretty strong correlation between when we kicked God out of schools and the escalation of horrendous events in schools.

that may be one of the most ridiculous attempts at a correlation that i've ever heard.

So you dont actually read any of Starkey's posts?

Simply put:
1) I don't trust the source -

Of course you dont since it contradicts your libtard/fascist hostility to gun ownership. Ad hominem is about all you got.

It is an authoritative sight where their rep depends on giving accurate information. They dont need to provide fucking links. You are welcome to look for contrary data if you want to piss off your time.

Sure there is, it is all about corelation, but the causal links are not discussed.

3) You also seem to be under the impression (and this also goes for the UK and NZ,too), that these countries strict gun laws have stopped people being armed and that these places were awash with guns in the first place. They were not. Compared to the US, these countries had bugger-all guns. BTW, in NZ and UK (not Australia), as long as I have a gun licence, I can go and buy a rifle or shotgun tomorrow. So you are posting under false premises...

I am under no such fucking assumption, impression or whatever other bullshit condescending clap trap you want to push out there.

I live in the most gun loving country on Earth, and grew up in the most gun loving state of this nation, TEXAS, where there are more armed adults than any other state in the country(though some smaller western states get points for percentage ownership, but who cares?)

I am fully aware of the sad little grasp at a shadow of security that these degenerate, emasculated populations in the UK, NZ and OZ have subscribed to and it is truly pathetic. That any fully grown law- abiding male would ever voluntarily give up his guns is a fucking truly heinous crime against nature.

The data was about AUSTRALIA's gun ban and compared the results to the US and so the UK and NZ is irrelevant to that specific comparison.

So disarming the US is not the easy-peasy situation that might lead a rasonable person to want to strip people of their God given rights just to do some kind of predictable experiment as in Australia. We dont need to wait for a cop to show up and protect us from bad guys something that is very liberating and empowering. Not the kind of thing subjects of the Crown would comprehend.
Good points, and to add I would say that why don't the liberals try allowing Christ/God back into everything in this nation where the free and good citizens want him ? Then after years of this, maybe people would actually slow down on buying weapons or keeping weapons concealed on their person for protection in such a nation anylonger, but the liberals would rather this country go up in smoke or would rather to put it up under strict Nazi style control, before they would allow the option of Christ/God being a major influence in this nation again, and this even if many wanted that to be the case in a majority to happen again in America.

These liberals are being tried and are going through tribulation in America, but they won't budge, and so we all suffer under the collective as the libs love to refer to this nation's citizens now.

True.

I think God is close to abandoning the US because of the fucking lying bastards that lead our country are among the most corrupt and degraded peices of moral manure to ever hold power. Hell they make Stalin look like a choir boy. It is the moral strength of every day Americans that keeps this country going DESPITE its 'leaders'.

And what you just posted will just piss libtards off like holy hell.

But I am sure you know that, lol.

True.

I think God is close to abandoning the US because of the fucking lying bastards that lead our country are among the most corrupt and degraded peices of moral manure to ever hold power. Hell they make Stalin look like a choir boy. It is the moral strength of every day Americans that keeps this country going DESPITE its 'leaders'.

And what you just posted will just piss libtards off like holy hell.
But I am sure you know that, lol.

How can something that doesn't exist abandon anything you fruit loop...

Haven't you got a knife to sharpen somewhere...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back