Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

They used to be armed with a little morning prayer. Seems to me a pretty strong correlation between when we kicked God out of schools and the escalation of horrendous events in schools.

The kids in the Amish schoolhouse were "armed with a little morning prayer". Why did they have to be killed?

A milk-truck driver carrying three guns and a childhood grudge stormed a one-room Amish schoolhouse Monday, sent the boys and adults outside, barricaded the doors with two-by-fours, and then opened fire on a dozen girls, killing three people before committing suicide. Early Tuesday, two more children died of wounds, a hospital spokeswoman and state police said.

At least five other victims were critically wounded, authorities said.

It was the nation’s third deadly school shooting in less than a week, and it sent shock waves through Lancaster County’s bucolic Amish country , a picturesque landscape of horse-drawn buggies, green pastures and neat-as-a-pin farms, where violent crime is virtually nonexistent.

Most of the victims had been shot execution-style at point-blank range after being lined up along the chalkboard, their feet bound with wire and plastic ties, authorities said. Two young students were killed, along with a female teacher’s aide who was slightly older than the students, state police Commissioner Jeffrey B. Miller said.

5 child dies after school shooting - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

Were you there that morning. How would you know? Any input on the correlation of the escalation of the horrendous level of school violence since the advent of kicking God out of our schools?

Oddly enough, gun crimes are very rare.
0.17 per 100,000 people compared to 2.98 in the US (according to slightly old info in Wikipedia List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Didn't ask you about gun crimes...I asked you about home invasions, sometimes known as "hot burglaries", which skyrocketed when England instituted its gun ban.

Why limit your question to home invasions only?
What about tagging? Shitting on the lawn? Stealing the milk money?

You don't understand the difference between breaking into a home while the family is there, and shitting on the lawn? Seriously?

You DO realize that you're too stupid to be taken seriously, and really shouldn't be allowed to comment on adult issues, right?

JimBowie is a reactionary whore of the far right.

He babbles much and says nothing of import.

0.17 per 100,000 people compared to 2.98 in the US (according to slightly old info in Wikipedia List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Didn't ask you about gun crimes...I asked you about home invasions, sometimes known as "hot burglaries", which skyrocketed when England instituted its gun ban.

Oh, he doesn't care about that. He's been told that people aren't doing naughty things with those evil guns any more, so he feels all toasty warm and safe now, despite the fact that his country is actually more violent now that fools like him have disarmed the public.

Really?
How so?
Do you equate the lack of carrying guns with timidity?

Oh, he doesn't care about that. He's been told that people aren't doing naughty things with those evil guns any more, so he feels all toasty warm and safe now, despite the fact that his country is actually more violent now that fools like him have disarmed the public.

I'd refrain from commenting on things you clearly have no idea about.

The public were never armed in the first place (not in the CCW way you are in the states), and any non-felon and sane person can get a fire arm if they so wish...

Time to arm the teachers ? :cuckoo:

Boy, what a well thought out statement....

Wow, did you give the suggestion even two nanoseconds of thought before you puked all your standard libtard bullshit all over the damned place?

Go fuck yourself, dumbass.

Actually, the idea of arming teachers is so ass-poundingly retarded, it woudl be sad unless you realize the gun nuts are serious about it.

Frankly, I find it hilarious the same wingnuts who don't want Public School teachers teaching Sex education, or telling kids about evolution, or discussing topics like Global Warming with them, because those teachers are just too damned liberal.

But they'll trust that teacher to have a loaded gun in the classroom.

Because it's not like anything ever gets stolen out of a classroom.
Who says anyone would be wanting to train or arm the so called liberal teachers, whom like you imply maybe, that they are mentally screwed up themselves when engaing in the ways that they are teaching such classes ? I think the choices would be for those who are not to squimish to handle the job, and are not engaing in the things that you have mentioned that liberals like to engage in (i.e. going against their core nature), and oh wait a minute here, you act like only liberal teachers are in schools now, so how biased is that attitude ?

The killings aren't due to guns. They're due to psycos. The guns were merely the method. Would you prefer IED's or knives or what?

The issue as I see it is the scale of killing that can be achieved with an automatic weapon.
Although not impossible, it's unlikely one person with a knife could kill 26 in one rampage.
Even if it did happen, it isn't likely to happen again within a few weeks or months.

The guy in China got 22 with a knife, I believe.

And since it's already illegal to own automatic weapons, I really am missing the point of you talking about them at all.

You didn't read my post through your haze of gun-powder smoke.
When was the last mass shooting in the US?
When was the last mass stabbing?
Which one has the shortest interval?
Is the point a bit too vague for you?

I accept that automatic weapons might be illegal, but the point still remains about the extra carnage that can be achieved with greater fire rates and ammunition capacity.

I routinely keep my bolt action rifles stored with the bolts removed and the bolts seperate.

No accidents.

My two handguns are in strategic places. they are not loaded but can be loaded quickly.

I also have a couple tomahawks handy.

The chances of a home invasion are slim in my area. Burglaries / theft are not uncommon. Thieves look for targets of opportunity. Not making it easy for burglars is the key. they steal from cars at night.

they look for cash, drugs, electronics and guns. Usually handguns because that is what they can fence.

No i don't need an assault weapon, whatever that is.
I do own some semi-autos and will not relinquish them voluntarily.

I don't think they will steal my blackpowder guns. Theiy are on drugs and can't bother to figure out how to load and operate a percussion or flint firelock.

Why would the gun grabbers want to take my flintlocks?

I don't believe they have the smarts to use them either judging from the ignorance of the gun grabbers on USMB.

So you have two tomahawks and three firearms plus same antiques in case you get broken into and you live in a low-crime area?

Talk about paranoid.

I wouldn't be banging on about the smarts of 'gun grabbers' if you are so insecure you need that much fire power.

I live in a similar area. Don't have a single firearm. Have a mean kitchen knife though!

thanks for the diagnosis Dr.

Am i paranoid to have 3 weeks worth of food, water, and firewood too?

Yep.

Wow, did you give the suggestion even two nanoseconds of thought before you puked all your standard libtard bullshit all over the damned place?

Go fuck yourself, dumbass.

Actually, the idea of arming teachers is so ass-poundingly retarded, it woudl be sad unless you realize the gun nuts are serious about it.

Frankly, I find it hilarious the same wingnuts who don't want Public School teachers teaching Sex education, or telling kids about evolution, or discussing topics like Global Warming with them, because those teachers are just too damned liberal.

But they'll trust that teacher to have a loaded gun in the classroom.

Because it's not like anything ever gets stolen out of a classroom.
When I lived in Brooklyn my next-door neighbor was a kindergarten teacher, the sweetest, most naively warm and pleasant person I've ever known. To imagine her being willing to even hold a gun is out of the question.

Also, I attended Catholic schools and I just can't imagine the Franciscan brothers or Carmelite nuns being "strapped." (What a thought.) They might attack with blackboard pointers and cat-o'-nine-tails, but that's it.
Are you living like in a box or something in the desert ? Where have you been ?

Last edited:
So what's the worst that could happen? A bunch of dead children and teachers? Oh, look! WE ALREADY HAVE THAT!

A fucking mental disorder. That's all it could possibly be. Half the fucking country has gone insane. I have no other explanation.

We have thousands of armed security guards on duty in banks, courthouses, and other venues. Most of these are ordinary citizens that have been trained for their jobs. Personnel on commercial airliners, busses, trains, and ocean going vessels have access to firearms and are instructed to use them in case of emergency. The emergency would of course be to defend the passengers and/or crew against something or somebody intent on harming them.

How many of us can name even one incident where any of these people used those weapons inappropriately or in a way that endangered the passengers more than they already were?

It is simply beyond reason to assume that a properly trained school teacher, somebody we put in charge of our children for the greater part of their day, would be less responsible or capable of handling that duty in case of emergency.

Trianing people how to use fireamrs is not the problem. Your gun culture is....
Whose gun culture ? Lets see now, there are two gun cultures in America, one is the good guy's gun culture (doesn't harm anyone) and then there is the bad guy's gun culture (harms many). Now who empowers the bad guy's gun culture more than anything in America, and who gives excuses for the perps everytime gun violence happens when these bad guy's go violent on us ? It's always the gun's to blame with these liberals, but never the perp other than saying he is mental, and a product of poverty and abuse that was cast upon him all his life because of those mean ole nasty parents or that rich guy, so don't put him in that electric chair please, because he is a human being that can be saved, even if he slaughtered the innocents like they were not human beings, so please don't.

If we could get the liberals from slapping the wrist of killers, and to get them to stop the theft of guns by their underlings (children turned young thugs or criminals) in which they have convinced that their poverty and unstableness is someone elses fault always or they drug them into a state of violent thinking, then we might just get a handle on this situation in the near future again.

Nothing against liberals, other than I feel they are confused and possibly enablers without thinking they could be. I mean I love all people trust me, but we have to recognize the personalities and traits that are among us who have gotten in charge now, and we must help them not hurt us if they are enabling bad in the nation, but yet they don't think that they are enabling bad in the nation or society. Now I will say that gun shows or having to easy access to guns for all the wrong reasons needs to be heavily monitored right on, and also investigated if need be right on and on, and then strict provisions put in place to keep guns out of the hands of bad people, and yet without trampling on the rights of good people.

So you have two tomahawks and three firearms plus same antiques in case you get broken into and you live in a low-crime area?

Talk about paranoid.

I wouldn't be banging on about the smarts of 'gun grabbers' if you are so insecure you need that much fire power.

I live in a similar area. Don't have a single firearm. Have a mean kitchen knife though!

Yep.

Really a person is paranoid for having things they should have?

Talk about paranoid.

Yep.

that made me chuckle.

sometimes we get snowed in for a couple weeks. and occasionally the power goes out for days on end.

seems like you have redefined preparedness

what are your other talents?

They used to be armed with a little morning prayer. Seems to me a pretty strong correlation between when we kicked God out of schools and the escalation of horrendous events in schools.

The kids in the Amish schoolhouse were "armed with a little morning prayer". Why did they have to be killed?

A milk-truck driver carrying three guns and a childhood grudge stormed a one-room Amish schoolhouse Monday, sent the boys and adults outside, barricaded the doors with two-by-fours, and then opened fire on a dozen girls, killing three people before committing suicide. Early Tuesday, two more children died of wounds, a hospital spokeswoman and state police said.

At least five other victims were critically wounded, authorities said.

It was the nation’s third deadly school shooting in less than a week, and it sent shock waves through Lancaster County’s bucolic Amish country , a picturesque landscape of horse-drawn buggies, green pastures and neat-as-a-pin farms, where violent crime is virtually nonexistent.

Most of the victims had been shot execution-style at point-blank range after being lined up along the chalkboard, their feet bound with wire and plastic ties, authorities said. Two young students were killed, along with a female teacher’s aide who was slightly older than the students, state police Commissioner Jeffrey B. Miller said.

5 child dies after school shooting - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News
Yes that was a traggedy also, but I agree that our culture in America has changed, and it has give way to this kind of thing more and more afterwards, so regardless of your trying to counter with this, I think school prayer back in school would be a great starter to getting back on track in America, and the putting God back into everything as well, but you liberals will spin and spin and spin till your top comes off, while trying to counter what made America a lot less violent during specific times in America, and this where we all believed mostly in the same things and lived by the same rules in America..

Like I said before, what happened to the days when a child could go out at night as a 6 year old with other children, and enjoy a violence free evening trick or treating on Halloween, and then return home with a bag full of candy that would last till thanksgiving ? What happened to our freedoms is what I want to know, and I think I know, but the enablers are to sneaky for anyone to make anything stick to them in order to begin changing them or helping them (and) us get back to that peace for our children to have in America.

Why limit your question to home invasions only?
What about tagging? Shitting on the lawn? Stealing the milk money?

You don't understand the difference between breaking into a home while the family is there, and shitting on the lawn? Seriously?

You DO realize that you're too stupid to be taken seriously, and really shouldn't be allowed to comment on adult issues, right?

What is the cut-off then?
Playing your music too loud in your car?
Walking back from the corner store carrying Skittles?

Last edited:
School shootings - indeed mass public shootings are very rare events - so rare you really can't predict or prepare. Contrary to media coverage they really haven't been on the increase - it just seems that way because with the media today, there is no distance any more. I think this piece sums it up best...

The deadliest school massacre in US history was in 1927. Why its aftermath matters now – Quartz

In the end there were 38 children dead at the school, two teachers and four other adults.

I’m not talking about the horrific shooting in Connecticut today. I’m talking about the worst school murder in American history. It took place in Michigan, in 1927. A school board official, enraged at a tax increase to fund school construction, quietly planted explosives in Bath Township Elementary. Then, the day he was finally ready, he set off an inferno. When crowds rushed in to rescue the children, he drove up his shrapnel-filled car and detonated it, too, killing more people, including himself. And then, something we’d find very strange happened.

Nothing.

No cameras were placed at the front of schools. No school guards started making visitors show identification. No Zero Tolerance laws were passed, nor were background checks required of PTA volunteers—all precautions that many American schools instituted in the wake of the Columbine shootings, in 1999. Americans in 1928—and for the next several generations —continued to send their kids to school without any of these measures. They didn’t even drive them there. How did they maintain the kind of confidence my own knees and heart don’t feel as I write this?

They had a distance that has disappeared. A distance that helped them keep the rarity and unpredictability of the tragedy in perspective, granting them parental peace.

“In 1928, the odds are that if people in this country read about this tragedy, they read it several days later, in place that was hard to get to,” explains Art Markman, author of “Smart Thinking” (Perigee Books, 2012). “You couldn’t hop on a plane and be there in an hour. Michigan? If you were living in South Carolina, it would be a three-day drive. It’s almost another country. You’d think, ‘Those crazy people in Michigan,’ same as if a school blows up in one of the breakaway Republics.”

Time and space create distance. But today, those have compressed to zero. The Connecticut shooting comes into our homes–even our hands–instantly, no matter where we live. We see the shattered parents in real time. The President can barely maintain composure. This sorrow isn’t far away, it’s local for every single one of us.

And of course it brings up Columbine. Two horrors, separated by years and miles, are now fused into one. It feels like terrible things are happening to our children all the time, everywhere. Nowhere is safe.

As a result, I expect we will now demand precautions on top of precautions. More guards. More security cameras. More supervision. We will fear more for our kids and let go of them even more reluctantly. Every time we wonder if they can be safe beyond our arms, these shootings will swim into focus.

Will this new layer of fear and security make our children any safer? Probably not, but for a reassuring reason: A tragedy like this is so rare, our kids are already safe. Not perfectly safe. No one ever is. But safe.

That’s a truth the folks in 1928 America understood. We just don’t feel that way now.

Not when there’s no distance between us and the parents in Newtown.

I know that the libtard gun-grabbing whores that are asking for statistics really couldnt give a shit whether statistics really are available or not or if they support their policies or not.

But for the record:

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

Simply put:
1) I don't trust the source -

Of course you dont since it contradicts your libtard/fascist hostility to gun ownership. Ad hominem is about all you got.

It is an authoritative sight where their rep depends on giving accurate information. They dont need to provide fucking links. You are welcome to look for contrary data if you want to piss off your time.

2) There is also no attempt to corelate any link between these alleged increases in crime and the gun ban.

Sure there is, it is all about corelation, but the causal links are not discussed.

3) You also seem to be under the impression (and this also goes for the UK and NZ,too), that these countries strict gun laws have stopped people being armed and that these places were awash with guns in the first place. They were not. Compared to the US, these countries had bugger-all guns. BTW, in NZ and UK (not Australia), as long as I have a gun licence, I can go and buy a rifle or shotgun tomorrow. So you are posting under false premises...

I am under no such fucking assumption, impression or whatever other bullshit condescending clap trap you want to push out there.

I live in the most gun loving country on Earth, and grew up in the most gun loving state of this nation, TEXAS, where there are more armed adults than any other state in the country(though some smaller western states get points for percentage ownership, but who cares?)

I am fully aware of the sad little grasp at a shadow of security that these degenerate, emasculated populations in the UK, NZ and OZ have subscribed to and it is truly pathetic. That any fully grown law- abiding male would ever voluntarily give up his guns is a fucking truly heinous crime against nature.

The data was about AUSTRALIA's gun ban and compared the results to the US and so the UK and NZ is irrelevant to that specific comparison.

So disarming the US is not the easy-peasy situation that might lead a rasonable person to want to strip people of their God given rights just to do some kind of predictable experiment as in Australia. We dont need to wait for a cop to show up and protect us from bad guys something that is very liberating and empowering. Not the kind of thing subjects of the Crown would comprehend.
Good points, and to add I would say that why don't the liberals try allowing Christ/God back into everything in this nation where the free and good citizens want him ? Then after years of this, maybe people would actually slow down on buying weapons or keeping weapons concealed on their person for protection in such a nation anylonger, but the liberals would rather this country go up in smoke or would rather to put it up under strict Nazi style control, before they would allow the option of Christ/God being a major influence in this nation again, and this even if many wanted that to be the case in a majority to happen again in America.

These liberals are being tried and are going through tribulation in America, but they won't budge, and so we all suffer under the collective as the libs love to refer to this nation's citizens now.

Last edited:
You are the same as JimeBowie, Roo, Daveman and other loons.

You babble, you offer nothing of worth, and the day approaches when you will have to be dealt with when you threaten the validity and safety of the American narrative.
JimBowie is a reactionary whore of the far right. He babbles much and says nothing of import.
Damn jake why do you accuse others of what you do?

Forum List

Back