Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

For all the long winded arguments the answer is quite simple.

1 bullet could have saved countless children.

You DO realize that in all these shootings, NOT A SINGLE CONCEALED CARRY OWNER has ever saved anyone, right?

Are you sure about that? My own research has turned up numerous cases of people with concealed carry licenses preventing what would almost certainly have been a homicide including some mass shooting events. Here is just one source:

If one of the hundreds of people at the theater had a concealed handgun, possibly the attack would have ended like the shooting at the mega New Life Church in Colorado Springs in December 2007.

In that assault, the church’s minister had given Jeanne Assam permission to carry her concealed handgun. The gunman killed two people in the parking lot — but when he entered the church, Assam fired 10 shots, severely wounding him. At that point, the gunman committed suicide.

Similar stories are available from across the country. They include shootings at schools that were stopped before police arrived in such places as Pearl, Miss., and Edinboro, Pa., and at colleges like the Appalachian Law School in Virginia. Or attacks in busy downtowns such as Memphis; at a mall in Salt Lake City, or at an apartment building in Oklahoma.

The ban against nonpolice carrying guns usually rests on the false notion that almost anyone can suddenly go crazy and start misusing their weapon or that any crossfire with a killer would be worse than the crime itself. But in state after state, permit holders are extremely law-abiding. They can lose their permits for any type of firearms-related violation.

Nor have I found a single example on record of a multiple-victim public shooting in which a permit holder accidentally shot a bystander.

Read more: Concealed weapons save lives - NY Daily News

Sorry, but the attacker committed suicide.

Well, as usual, he's being utterly dishonest and disingenuous.

"In all these shootings", he says. Well, yes and no. The shootings that have resulted in huge body counts and been plastered all over the news? No, not a single concealed-carry owner has saved anyone . . . BECAUSE THEY ALL TOOK PLACE IN GUN-FREE ZONES.

On the other hand, in many shootings and attempted shootings which did NOT make it on the news, because the media doesn't like to publicize such things, the shooter was stopped by armed citizens, saving countless lives.

You cant explain this stuff to the gun grabbers; they dont want to understand it even if they could.

I'm planning to continue explaining it to them, anyway, and it'll either get into their heads or make their heads explode. Either way, I win.

In the latter case we all win. Good luck.

You DO realize that in all these shootings, NOT A SINGLE CONCEALED CARRY OWNER has ever saved anyone, right?

Are you sure about that? My own research has turned up numerous cases of people with concealed carry licenses preventing what would almost certainly have been a homicide including some mass shooting events. Here is just one source:

If one of the hundreds of people at the theater had a concealed handgun, possibly the attack would have ended like the shooting at the mega New Life Church in Colorado Springs in December 2007.

In that assault, the church’s minister had given Jeanne Assam permission to carry her concealed handgun. The gunman killed two people in the parking lot — but when he entered the church, Assam fired 10 shots, severely wounding him. At that point, the gunman committed suicide.

Similar stories are available from across the country. They include shootings at schools that were stopped before police arrived in such places as Pearl, Miss., and Edinboro, Pa., and at colleges like the Appalachian Law School in Virginia. Or attacks in busy downtowns such as Memphis; at a mall in Salt Lake City, or at an apartment building in Oklahoma.

The ban against nonpolice carrying guns usually rests on the false notion that almost anyone can suddenly go crazy and start misusing their weapon or that any crossfire with a killer would be worse than the crime itself. But in state after state, permit holders are extremely law-abiding. They can lose their permits for any type of firearms-related violation.

Nor have I found a single example on record of a multiple-victim public shooting in which a permit holder accidentally shot a bystander.

Read more: Concealed weapons save lives - NY Daily News

Sorry, but the attacker committed suicide.

ROFLMAO, of course he did BECAUSE HE HAD BEEN STOPPED and intended to kill himself first.

You are stupid beyond belief.

Morgan is the epitome of these condescending idiots who refuse to consider what their opponents are saying and talk over them when they fear their opponents are starting to make sense to the audience.

Pratt points out that the implication of these gun free zones is that libtards apparently think innocent people have no right to self-defense and that they cant be trusted to carry guns around little children though the record of accidental gun injury to children is like one tenth what it is for cars.

The simple truth is libtards dont want discussion; all they want is for Americans to salute smartly and hand over their guns, one type of gun at a time till we are disarmed and legally prevented from defending ourselves even in our own homes at night against intruders, as it is in the UK where innocent people 'guilty' only of defending themselves at night when burglarers broke into their homes, and they sent those people to jail for protecting themselves with lethal force.

That is what Americans have to look forward to if these bat-shit crazy gun grabbing whores get their way. And in this country it would not result in the occasional imprisonment of Americans for the crime of defending themselves as the criminals would be so emboldened the violent crime right would literally explode.

Let me translate once more for you.
I think ...

Bullshit, libtards like you refuse to think when your ideology has already spoken for you.

you were trying to say "No, I can't think of any intelligible points I've made amongst my screams and howls."

Obviously she wasnt trying to say anything of the sort, but dont let Truth get in your way, fucking liar.

The most hilarious thing is that you believe being the citizen of a great country by accident of birth somehow makes you, individually, more relevant.

No, we think we are a free people who have the right to defend ourselves and our family. We would never imprison a person for merely doing that, except for leftwing bastards like you.

Small people can come from big countries - 'exhibit A' is sitting in front of your keyboard.

Funny coming from a piss ant like you.

Great people can also come from small countries.
This is especially true in today's 'Global Village'.

Another fucking lie; there is no such thing as a global village moron.

Unfortunately for the sanity of small people like yourself, a country that is the premier world power will be the subject of interest and scrutiny by the rest of the world.

Because you dont have anything better to do with your time.

This is simply because decisions made by that country affect the rest of the world.

Yes, and we conservatives are really trying hard to bring all our troops home, but leftists prefer to keep the neocons in charge of the GOP so that means they can win in the general elections (against neocons like Romney the Lame). But when the neocon ocasionally manages to get into the White House, they go adventuring around the globe in the name of spreading democracy like the Democrats used to do before they got taken over by Trotskyites.

So, by all means continue your pointless and ineffectual tirades if it relieves the pressure in your temples, but pointless and ineffectual...and small... is exactly what they are...

No actually she has made a lot of good points that you are too stupid to understand.

no more or less important than my own highly lucid and analytical offerings to the world of the internet.

Yeah, and you are the most humble person on the planet, too, arent you?

It's a shame you went back to the sheep shagging insults, I quite liked twat waffle...have you got any more?

Why? So you could use them with your perv friends at your next circle jerk?

ROFLMAO

This is why it's not a good idea to get all of one's news from the television.

I thought you might enjoy this article, "We Know How to Stop School Shootings." by Ann Coulter

Ann Coulter - Official Home Page

Ann Coulter is a backstabbing traitorus bitch.

Thanks in part to her leading the charge for Romney, we now have another four years of Obama. She singlehandedly did more damage to conservatives in the last election than anyone else did except for Romney the Liar himself.

To hell with Coulter. All her columns are are cynical excersizes in inflaming the GOP conservative base while she couldnt possibly really believe that stuff whle supporting Romney. Her true colors or now known and they will not be forgotten.

Piss on her and I could not care less what she has to say any more, not at all.

For all the long winded arguments the answer is quite simple.

1 bullet could have saved countless children.

281261_403839603031610_1993654096_n_zps24b5b8d5.jpg

She was a trained police office. Argument Fail.

Ann Coulter is a backstabbing traitorus bitch.

Thanks in part to her leading the charge for Romney, we now have another four years of Obama. She singlehandedly did more damage to conservatives in the last election than anyone else did except for Romney the Liar himself.

To hell with Coulter. All her columns are are cynical excersizes in inflaming the GOP conservative base while she couldnt possibly really believe that stuff whle supporting Romney. Her true colors or now known and they will not be forgotten.

Piss on her and I could not care less what she has to say any more, not at all.

Oh, stop being so hard on Ann. She did what most Conservatives did. Convinced themselves that Romney was really conservative and Mormons weren't heretics anymore because Gosh, Darn, he was the Only Candidate You Had.

As awful as Romney was, look at the alterntatives.

Santorum- A guy whose name has become another word for anal discharge.
Gingrich- Cheater, hypocrite, blowhard.
Perry - Possibly Clinically Retarded.
Bachmann - Crazy
Cain- Self-Aggrandizing phony
Paul - Really, really crazy.

I voted for Santorum in the primaries because unlike most of the GOP, he actually gets working people, but the GOP voted for another plutocrat, because, deep down, that's who really runs your party.

Guns, abortions, gay marriage... The plutocrats use these to keep stupid people like you angry, but they are looking for any oppurtunity to sell you out.

Just watch. Now that rich kids are getting shot up instead of poor kids, (Because the poor kids know how do duck), watch how fast the Plutocrats get behind gun control.

Because teachers are hired to teach, foxfyre, not be armed security personnel for a profession.

Some school districts allow them to do both.

There is a valid debate in progress about the tremendous liability that would be incurred by the school district if a teacher should miscalculate a threat and shoot an innocent person or if weapons at school were stolen, etc. And yes, all these things should be considered.

But if it is your loved one at Sandy Hook Elementary, does any sane person give a flip about the debate or PC or liability considerations? Do you want your six-year old gunned down by a madman? Or, given a choice, do you want the gunman taken out by a teacher? I think for 99.9% of all parents, that is a no brainer.

Very, very few do, and that number will not grow.

I get a kick out of Rick Perry of Texas encouraging teachers to ask for the right to do so.

He will end up with armed teacher associations protesting anti-ed bills by his legislature.

Because teachers are hired to teach, foxfyre, not be armed security personnel for a profession.

We need to claim our country back from the fucking insurance companies. They've ruined us.

Funny...my ex father in law said that when auto liability insurance became law. He said it was the beginning of the end, and insurance companies would destroy the country.

Everybody said he was crazy. He wasn't, he was brilliant, and right.

We need to claim our country back from the fucking insurance companies. They've ruined us.

Funny...my ex father in law said that when auto liability insurance became law. He said it was the beginning of the end, and insurance companies would destroy the country.

Everybody said he was crazy. He wasn't, he was brilliant, and right.

Well. . . .while you and I have been mostly on the same page in this debate, I don't agree that insurance companies are the problem. I have no problem requiring those who use the public roads and thereby put others at risk being required to have insurance that covers damages that others might sustain. I would have a huge problem with those who do not put a vehicle on the public roads being required to have such insurance or subsidizing those who do.

To me, the problem is ambiguous laws, most especially those based on political correctness and that absolve people from any personal responsiblity for bad choices, that gives license and huge opportunity for predatory lawyers to capitalize on almost any action or event in the human experience.

I agree about the laws.

But the laws empower the insurance companies.

To some extent, but as long as there is valid competition between insurance companies, they each will be working to get the business and that results in better benefits and lower costs. Insurance companies sell a product like any other business. But it is not the insurance companies requiring us to buy their products. It is generally those unwilling to accept all the risk for loaning us money or contracting with us or who share the roads and highways with us who require us to buy insurance.

And if we reined in our unreasonably litigious society, that insurance would cost a whole lot less because the insurance companies would be assuming a lot less risk.

Very, very few do, and that number will not grow.

I get a kick out of Rick Perry of Texas encouraging teachers to ask for the right to do so.

He will end up with armed teacher associations protesting anti-ed bills by his legislature.

Just like armed police unions do. :rolleyes:

Absolutely. So would I. Volunteer armed fathers patroled our elementary school up on the mountain to run the drug dealers off and it worked.

But arming the willing teachers and making it widely known that some teachers are armed removes schools from the 'gun free' category. And as KG mentioned, that makes it much less attractive to madmen planning massacres. And without going to the expense of security guards.
How about asking the parents and staff if they would want to pitch in in order to have a few security gaurds at their kids schools now, and it may surprise you about what they would say they would do in order to help out. Maybe a penny tax could be ask for in each city town or state just for this reason? The tax would be much more appropriate at this time, and not put any burdon on the parents who don't need such a burdon placed upon them at this time.

You're talking about a lot of security guards, however, if all the schools are to get them. And those who could pass the requisite background checks, psych evaluations, etc. plus the benefits and pensions that would factor in would make that an expensive proposition for a politically unpopular program. Still, all your suggestions should not be dismissed out of hand but should certainly factor into the debate.

My instincts lean toward an armed faculty with the training to be effective if needed being a greater deterrant than identifiable guards. But I am open to anything that would work.

One thing that occurred to me would be security bars on ground floor windows that, like home bars are required to be, are releasable from inside the classroom. That could make the windows themselves an emergency exit.
Don't need the schools looking anymore like prison's, but rather instead we only need to get the lax in security at them up-graded to better security, and/or working again for all... QUICKLY!

Last edited:

281261_403839603031610_1993654096_n_zps24b5b8d5.jpg

She was a trained police office. Argument Fail.
And hey we want trained security officers at the schools now or we want a trained Principle and his or her immediate staff to be trained as well, and this in the concealed handgun carry now for them to have as the best option or one of the best options, and to become constables also (i.e. deputized as safety officers in the school system) .

All the signs should be removed that say "gun free zones" in which was an idiotic bull crap thing to do anyhow, especially as being a knee jerk response to these situations I guess shortly afterwards.

This was not the answer (gun free zones) in the Columbine shootings or none of the other shootings that had came very soon afterwards, so lets get this right as America depends on us to get it right, and I mean as quick as possible, because they depend on us right now, and not way later when it comes to their children and their safety.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back