Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Step off. You do not decide what teachers must do for their jobs. The taxpayers, parents, and administration, in compliance with state law, make that decision.

And if they do they prove that they are not responsible enough to be trusted with lives of our children.

Is that what teachers signed up for when they went to get their teaching credential?

They have the right to decide if their own lives are worth defending; they don't have that same right concerning our children. They are acting in loco parentis and if weren't prepared to do so they shouldn't have applied for the job.

Step off. You do not decide what teachers must do for their jobs. The taxpayers, parents, and administration, in compliance with state law, make that decision.

Bite me. As a parent it my responsibity to see my children are properly cared for. Murdered is not properly cared for.

Aristotle makes a valid point though. Well over 99% of our schools have not had a shooting and will probably never have one. Making schools into mini prisons with armed guards may increase the safety factor, but at a cost that does not make much sense if a different, and far more cost effective way can be found to increase safety and security.

What cost are you worried about?

The ones Aristotle brought up in his post and that I have been including as a reasonable component of this debate. If we have to sacriice teacher salaries or endure larger classroom head counts, etc. in order to budget for additional security, then the idea of arming willing and properly trained teachers becomes even more attractive. The odds off them never needing to use that weapon are monumental, but in the very rare occasion that their school becomes another Columbine or Sandy Hook, they would be ready. Mission accomplished without devoting precious education dollars to security guards in every school in the land when more than 99% of them will have little or nothing to do.

With all the waste that goes into carrying along useless, incompetent teachers and administrators, it would be a much better allocation of funds to pay for at least one real security professional per school.

Quick question........................do you conservatives who are advocating putting armed guards in schools realize how much it would cost this country?

I thought the conservatives were for smaller, not bigger, government.

Quick question........................do you conservatives who are advocating putting armed guards in schools realize how much it would cost this country?

Soooo what's the going rate for the life of one small elementary school child these days?

I have reached the conclusion that most of the people on this board would rather:
1. blame someone else for the problem
2. argue whether the problem actually exists
3. complain about the problem
than actually try to find or accept a solution to the problem.

The president has protection of an armed security force, stadiums use armed security to keep them secure, most of the representatives and celebrities have armed security but it is too expensive to provide for our kids...
XXXXXXX
I am volunteering at my grandkids schools. What are you doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you out armed guards in every school, the first person the shooter will target is the armed guard. That is obvious - the shooter will be searching for the guard, the guard will be caught unawares, and shot first, before the shooter targets those who are unarmed.

If you out armed guards in every school, the first person the shooter will target is the armed guard. That is obvious - the shooter will be searching for the guard, the guard will be caught unawares, and shot first, before the shooter targets those who are unarmed.

Talk about presumption! lol

You dont know that any of that is true, or even more likely. Why would a shooter target a school that has an armed guard instead of one that doesnt? or a hopsital that doesnt? etc.

Why would the shooter target the armed guard instead of avoiding him?

Why do you thinkn that the guard would be such an idiot that he would let an assault rifle bearing goon sneak up on him after bbusting in to a school?

Even if what you say was a 1 in 4 chance or 3 in 4, at least the wacko would have to deal with the guard and give the students more time to get somewhere else, and would give a concealed carry teacher time to line him up.

If they thought there was an armed guard, they'd target somewhere else, they aren't professionals, they are mental nuts, they want a place to shoot up before they kill themselves.

The best security of all is to allow certain qualified teachers & administrators to carry a concealed weapon. Unlike with a uniformed cop with a gun, the shooter would have no idea who to target with the first shots. It would also not cost tax payers like the uniformed cop with a gun will.

Columbine High School cop says armed guards at schools coupled with assault weapons ban would keep students safe

The NRA has better solution than AWB to keep the children safe. The Clinton Assault Weapons Ban had been in force 5 years before the Columbine Massacre. Again proving wacko liberal gun bans do not work. Connecticut has very strict gun control laws. Sandy Hook elementary had the "Gold Standard" in school security procedures. They had security cameras, door locks, video ID buzz-in security door, terrorist shooter drills, and other systems.

Tragedy Spotlights Connecticut's Previous Efforts At Gun Control

Connecticut's Previous Efforts At Gun Control - "Lawlor and his colleagues enacted a law based on the idea that there can be warning signs. Now, when someone reports to the police they believe a gun owner poses an imminent danger to themselves or to others, the police can get a warrant to seize the guns — even if no law has been broken. The guns can be kept for a year, and the law also allows for a mental health evaluation.

Bernard Krzynowek had his guns taken the first year the law went into effect. His sister, Christine, called the police when the two of them were having an argument. "I had a pistol on my hip and for some reason she got all uptight and called the police," says the 70-year-old Krzynowek. The police warrant says Christine told them her brother was in possession of guns and "was going to kill her and other relatives." The police seized 39 guns.

"Who's going to take the risk?" Baird says. "What law enforcement officer or what judge is ever going take the risk that they received information like this and then do nothing about it?" In the first ten years after it was enacted, more than 2,000 guns were seized. The majority of the complaints were made by spouses. Mike Lawlor isn't suggesting the law could have prevented the shootings in Newtown, but he believes it has prevented other crimes."

Last edited:

Bite me. As a parent it my responsibity to see my children are properly cared for. Murdered is not properly cared for.

So for the record...

Because you want guns to be freely available to everyone, including people with severe mental issues, you want schools and universities to become armed camps...

The thing is, these incidents are usually start and finish so quickly, you usually don't have time to pull a gun.

Columbine had two armed security guards. The two shooters were still able to kill 17 people.

VA Tech, like most universities, has its own police force. In a span of nine minutes, Cho Seung-Hui still managed to kill 28 people on top of the two roommates he killed earlier in the day.

Fort Hood was a military base, for crying out loud. Nidal Hasan was still able to kill 13 and wound 29 people before someone responded.

Now, here's the thing.

All these folks were batshit crazy. They were still able to get guns.

Soooo what's the going rate for the life of one small elementary school child these days?

Less that the price of getting guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them, apparently...

By "thugs" "problem child" are you referring to kindergarten aged children, or middle/high school children?

Waisted your time writing this didn't you ? Of course not kindergarten children, but my daughter did see a stabbing of another student in middle school...

I don't have all the answers but assuming by "thugs" you mean kids in high school who come from an impoverished background or who may suffer from some mental disorder such as anti-social personality disorder or is simply influenced by the wrong crowd and commence in socially destructive acts then we need to get the parents, school psychologists, and the principle involved.

No they should have been recognized by the parents telling them that there is a problem, then there is a chance that they may have been sent to the other school for behavioral or other problems as needed, especially before being allowed into the general population with the good kids, the good teachers and/or the good principles in a regular school setting. No one knows there children better than the parents, and if the parents don't want to tell on their children (using the school for a care taking facility), then make fines and consequences of someones child doing something or anything evil at school "very severe", and I bet this will get those parents to open up once they read the admittance rules and standards set forth in the pamplet. Remember all the incidents about kids bringing guns or knives to school, the killings of teachers and others in many singular incidents, are we adding those in as well when talking about these problems ? Remember Hollywoods movie's, where there was one called the Principle, West Side Story, and many others that were drawn from society at large ? In reality these types of situations shouldnot have been created in America to begin with, but there they were for all to see and know about, but years and years later we still never got the message, and then we go about our lives hoping for our kids the best, but then giving them the worst as we turn our backs on them, and this in hopes that we can trust the government to do the best job for them. Well I ask now, how has that been working out for us lately ?

If teachers have had reported incidents of being assaulted then we need to get the police involve and and at least remove the problem either away from the school or to an institution that is geared towards assisting children with behavioral issues.

You talk about this in an after the fact, but we need to be highly pro-active and not re-active, because we see what happens before the cops get there.

Protection, although important, ought to be discussed alongside with what is fiscally affordable because the solution is not as easy as putting on a vest and loading a S&W.

We can afford what we need in this nation, just keep your eyes on the next big spending proposition, and then ask yourself was the children more important ? Hey they are theeee most important in my opinion... Nothing should come before our childrens safety, and I mean nothing... How many parent stories and true story movies have shown parents sacrificing or going without for their children to make it and to have a better life than they did, and so why can't we as a nation feel and do the same things for them in representation of our governmental body also ?

Less that the price of getting guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them, apparently...
And so it is revealed that the lib loving demoflops are far more stingy, and are far worse idiotic than the conservatives are being accused of, because they would rather turn a nation completly upside down in an idiotic way of thinking, than to simply put some money into a place where it is needed to fix a problem, and so you all see how they have been the biggest non-supporters of spending any money for the children on this issue right, and so lets let the record please show the truth as it has been recorded as such now with these demoflop loving libs.

So for the record...

Because you want guns to be freely available to everyone, including people with severe mental issues, you want schools and universities to become armed camps...

The thing is, these incidents are usually start and finish so quickly, you usually don't have time to pull a gun.

Columbine had two armed security guards. The two shooters were still able to kill 17 people.

VA Tech, like most universities, has its own police force. In a span of nine minutes, Cho Seung-Hui still managed to kill 28 people on top of the two roommates he killed earlier in the day.

Fort Hood was a military base, for crying out loud. Nidal Hasan was still able to kill 13 and wound 29 people before someone responded.

Now, here's the thing.

Well how about lets see who is creating all the bat^$&^ crazies in this nation, and lets go after them for a change, because I know plenty about who has indirectly created all of this or them, and who they are, their political affiliations, their ideologies, their leanings on every subject we have in this nation, also their resolve which is always wrong when it comes to our social society at large issues. Many more know them just as well in this nation, but we have a federal government who has been critically infiltrated by their way of thinking, and it is being used by them to protect or cover their ideology or ways of thinking, and this after they have created havoc & chaos within this nation, and so as soon as we start getting an understanding of who they are, it will just continue.. They hide their hand as if they have done nothing or pose as if they are the sane ones in this nation after the fact, but for many of us we know better, and we know who they are everytime they open their mouths.

And so it is revealed that the lib loving demoflops are far more stingy, and are far worse idiotic than the conservatives are being accused of, because they would rather turn a nation completly upside down in an idiotic way of thinking, than to simply put some money into a place where it is needed to fix a problem, and so you all see how they have been the biggest non-supporters of spending any money for the children on this issue right, and so lets let the record please show the truth as it has been recorded as such now with these demoflop loving libs.

Banning private gun ownership will not turn the country upside down. In fact, when Australia banned guns a couple decades ago, most people complied with the new laws and turned in their guns.

The problem- as I pointed out - is that these mass shooting happen very quickly, and they are usually carried out by people who don't care if they live or die, so an armed guard or worse, an armed teacher, isn't going to be much of a deterrent. Columbine and VA Tech had armed security, and it didn't really matter.

Now, frankly, I would love to hear the gun-nuts tell me how they can keep guns out of the hands of people like Lanza, Loughner, Holmes and Cho without them giving away anything.

Seriously. What are your suggestions?

Now, here's the thing.

Well how about lets see who is creating all the bat^$&^ crazies in this nation, and lets go after them for a change, because I know plenty about who has indirectly created all of this or them, and who they are, their political affiliations, their ideologies, their leanings on every subject we have in this nation, also their resolve which is always wrong when it comes to our social society at large issues. Many more know them just as well in this nation, but we have a federal government who has been critically infiltrated by their way of thinking, and it is being used by them to protect or cover their ideology or ways of thinking, and this after they have created havoc & chaos within this nation, and so as soon as we start getting an understanding of who they are, it will just continue.. They hide their hand as if they have done nothing or pose as if they are the sane ones in this nation after the fact, but for many of us we know better, and we know who they are everytime they open their mouths.

^^^^ this rant kind of makes me question your sanity^^^^

You really think liberalism causes mental illness.

Banning private gun ownership will not turn the country upside down. In fact, when Australia banned guns a couple decades ago, most people complied with the new laws and turned in their guns.

The problem- as I pointed out - is that these mass shooting happen very quickly, and they are usually carried out by people who don't care if they live or die, so an armed guard or worse, an armed teacher, isn't going to be much of a deterrent. Columbine and VA Tech had armed security, and it didn't really matter.

Now, frankly, I would love to hear the gun-nuts tell me how they can keep guns out of the hands of people like Lanza, Loughner, Holmes and Cho without them giving away anything.

Seriously. What are your suggestions?

Banning guns in Australia has done nothing to stop people from being killed with guns nor has it lowered crime in the same country. But do keep trying to be dishonest and I will continue to slap you down.

The best security of all is to allow certain qualified teachers & administrators to carry a concealed weapon. Unlike with a uniformed cop with a gun, the shooter would have no idea who to target with the first shots. It would also not cost tax payers like the uniformed cop with a gun will.

Columbine High School cop says armed guards at schools coupled with assault weapons ban would keep students safe

The NRA has better solution than AWB to keep the children safe. The Clinton Assault Weapons Ban had been in force 5 years before the Columbine Massacre. Again proving wacko liberal gun bans do not work. Connecticut has very strict gun control laws. Sandy Hook elementary had the "Gold Standard" in school security procedures. They had security cameras, door locks, video ID buzz-in security door, terrorist shooter drills, and other systems.

Tragedy Spotlights Connecticut's Previous Efforts At Gun Control

Connecticut's Previous Efforts At Gun Control - "Lawlor and his colleagues enacted a law based on the idea that there can be warning signs. Now, when someone reports to the police they believe a gun owner poses an imminent danger to themselves or to others, the police can get a warrant to seize the guns — even if no law has been broken. The guns can be kept for a year, and the law also allows for a mental health evaluation.

Bernard Krzynowek had his guns taken the first year the law went into effect. His sister, Christine, called the police when the two of them were having an argument. "I had a pistol on my hip and for some reason she got all uptight and called the police," says the 70-year-old Krzynowek. The police warrant says Christine told them her brother was in possession of guns and "was going to kill her and other relatives." The police seized 39 guns.

"Who's going to take the risk?" Baird says. "What law enforcement officer or what judge is ever going take the risk that they received information like this and then do nothing about it?" In the first ten years after it was enacted, more than 2,000 guns were seized. The majority of the complaints were made by spouses. Mike Lawlor isn't suggesting the law could have prevented the shootings in Newtown, but he believes it has prevented other crimes."
I don't buy into such a supposed law, that when an argument happens between family members, then here comes the law to take all the guns from a private residence, especially something that is not related to public property, or the public and such. Rediculous lib thinking is what this is.

So I could get set up by someone in this way, and here comes the law to take my guns eh?

Now if a charge has been issued on the scene, or filed and then levied by the law against a gun owner, as pertaining to threats made, domestic violence, drunk and dis-orderly, battery and etc. and a record is also to be found as icing on the cake, then yes all guns should be removed from this person, and also from his residence immediately. Then the person should be banned from having weapons forever, if he or she can't handle their own lives much less a weapon to.

Forum List

Back