Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Or we can just fix what's wrong with this country...

look, the NRA gun nuts are only about 4 million people. Why should we let a few gun nuts who are clearly whacked dictate policy for the rest of us.

Gun control works in other countries... it could work here.
Your link was a bunch of misinformation, you cannot build a supportive argument for yyour position using misinformation so try again.

My link was fine, guy...

But let's compare gun deaths in Austrailia using this site.

Gun Policy Facts and News

Number of Gun Homicides in the US- 9146

Australia - 30

Japan- 11

England and Wales - 41 (58 if you throw in Scotland and N. Ireland)

France - 142

Italy - 246

Germany - 158.

Sorry, man, guns really are the problem.

actually your pushing misinformation

AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

Guns are not going to be banned, end of story.

Teachers will most likely not be armed.

Any security more than what we have now will have to be financed from sales taxes on guns and the industry's supporting technology.

Make sure you troll everyone, the Cool Kids will love that.

Quick question........................do you conservatives who are advocating putting armed guards in schools realize how much it would cost this country?

I thought the conservatives were for smaller, not bigger, government.

Soooo what's the going rate for the life of one small elementary school child these days?

Less that the price of getting guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them, apparently...

How do you do that. The Sandy Hill shooter to his mothers because he could not obtain them legally.

I think we have a mental health issue more than a gun issue.

Soooo what's the going rate for the life of one small elementary school child these days?

Less that the price of getting guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them, apparently...

How do you do that. The Sandy Hill shooter to his mothers because he could not obtain them legally.

We don't know if he tried to obtain them legally or not... There was a story that he tried to buy them using his brother's ID, but that seems to have fallen into the realm of misinformation.

Point is, his mother shouldn't have had weapons of that grade, either. and what she was thinking keeping them in the house with a disturbed son is mind-boggling.

We don't know if he tried to obtain them legally or not... There was a story that he tried to buy them using his brother's ID, but that seems to have fallen into the realm of misinformation.

Point is, his mother shouldn't have had weapons of that grade, either. and what she was thinking keeping them in the house with a disturbed son is mind-boggling.

I couldn't agree with you more. If you have a kid who could potentially be a danger to himself and society because of chemical imbalances, don't provide him the means to slaughter dozens. That's just poor parenting, and unfortunately it cost dozens of innocent people their lives. On the other hand, she was within her constitutional right to have those weapons, they were in accordance with state law, all registered etc.. There are millions of legal assault weapons in circulation across America and commandeering every single one of them would be a nearly impossible task and there are some good purposes that having assault weapons like that serve. If you don't believe me, ask everybody who owned a storefront in LA during the Rodney King riots, the ones that owned assault rifles didn't have to worry about those animals running in their stores and taking whatever they wanted.

the GOP establishment is running away from the NRA faster than a Televangelist from a hooker who goes public....

You have no basis for supposing gun bans are going to occur.
Guns are not going to be banned, end of story.

Teachers will most likely not be armed.

Any security more than what we have now will have to be financed from sales taxes on guns and the industry's supporting technology.

Make sure you troll everyone, the Cool Kids will love that.

This isn't Australia.....Argument fail...

Of course you American haters who are trying to get this nation to become like other nations or somewhere where you want it to be for you who are in a minority, are free to leave it anytime you want to..

look, the NRA gun nuts are only about 4 million people. Why should we let a few gun nuts who are clearly whacked dictate policy for the rest of us.

Your link was a bunch of misinformation, you cannot build a supportive argument for yyour position using misinformation so try again.

Didn't you lose a bet?

I couldn't agree with you more. If you have a kid who could potentially be a danger to himself and society because of chemical imbalances, don't provide him the means to slaughter dozens. That's just poor parenting, and unfortunately it cost dozens of innocent people their lives. On the other hand, she was within her constitutional right to have those weapons, they were in accordance with state law, all registered etc.. There are millions of legal assault weapons in circulation across America and commandeering every single one of them would be a nearly impossible task and there are some good purposes that having assault weapons like that serve. If you don't believe me, ask everybody who owned a storefront in LA during the Rodney King riots, the ones that owned assault rifles didn't have to worry about those animals running in their stores and taking whatever they wanted.

So you are saying stuff in a store is worth killing another human being over?

The point is, there's no good reason for civilians to own that sort of weapon, and if they were outlawed, I suspect most of them would comply with the law and turn them in. Or we could just make the manufacture and sale of ammunition for them illegal, and render the entire point moot.

Didn't you lose a bet?

Was Reb one of the welchers who promised to go away and didn't?

Didn't you lose a bet?

No because no bet was accepted.
Still here and will remain here because it pains liberals so fucking much.

Didn't you lose a bet?

Translation: bigreb is making me look like a fool, it's time to make a calculated deflection. :lol:

Didn't you lose a bet?

The bet was not accepted so there was no bet made.

Oh, if that's what you want to tell yourself.

I'm kind of sorry some of the Cons with integrity who made such bets did leave. I liked Conservative. Liability not so much (I had him on ignore), but I found his concession on Nov. 6th to be kind of gracious.

The bet was not accepted so there was no bet made.

Oh, if that's what you want to tell yourself.

I'm kind of sorry some of the Cons with integrity who made such bets did leave. I liked Conservative. Liability not so much (I had him on ignore), but I found his concession on Nov. 6th to be kind of gracious.

What ever dude

So you are saying stuff in a store is worth killing another human being over?

The point is, there's no good reason for civilians to own that sort of weapon, and if they were outlawed, I suspect most of them would comply with the law and turn them in. Or we could just make the manufacture and sale of ammunition for them illegal, and render the entire point moot.

Locke emphasizes Life Liberty and Property. Therefore I like to follow suit. Once somebody sees one of his homeboys gunned down while trying to steal a flat screen out of my store, see if anybody else tries it. Also, widespread ownership of weapons deterred a Japanese invasion of the US mainland during WWII. Something to the effect of "guns behind every blade of grass" or something like that was used to describe the number of guns in the US by Japan's military officials. It's a polarized topic no doubt, I'm just glad I've found somebody on the left wing that can properly argue about gun control without coming off as a condescending idiot who uses insults in order to cover their lack of knowledge on the topic.

Didn't you lose a bet?

Translation: bigreb is making me look like a fool, it's time to make a calculated deflection. :lol:
thats why an old thread that was made over a year ago was brought back to life from a poster who had not even posted in that thread. Liberals want me gone from here. For that reason and the fact the bet was not accepted I shall remain here.

Forum List

Back