Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Also, widespread ownership of weapons deterred a Japanese invasion of the US mainland during WWII. Something to the effect of "guns behind every blade of grass" or something like that was used to describe the number of guns in the US by Japan's military officials.

That is a commonly misattributed quote. It was the US Navy and the Pacific Ocean that made any such invasion exceedingly unlikely.

This isn't Australia.....Argument fail...

Of course you American haters who are trying to get this nation to become like other nations or somewhere where you want it to be for you who are in a minority, are free to leave it anytime you want to..

Or we can just fix what's wrong with this country...

look, the NRA gun nuts are only about 4 million people. Why should we let a few gun nuts who are clearly whacked dictate policy for the rest of us.

Gun control works in other countries... it could work here.
We have gun control already, it's just that we have a super increase in the physco's in this nation now, and why is this ya reckon ? I know why, it's because of radical extremist liberal theology is why, and then the application of this theology with backing from the federal government upon us, whom the feds have been infiltrated by these radicals over the years, where as when it fails, then we are the ones who are supposed to accomodate it or are forced to adjust to it (loss of our freedoms and such), instead of us putting it back into the mental box in which it came out of...

Last edited:
Also, widespread ownership of weapons deterred a Japanese invasion of the US mainland during WWII. Something to the effect of "guns behind every blade of grass" or something like that was used to describe the number of guns in the US by Japan's military officials.

That is a commonly misattributed quote. It was the US Navy and the Pacific Ocean that made any such invasion exceedingly unlikely.
Sticking to the point for a sec, do you think that invasions of other nations are gone forever in the world ? Now if China for example were to make it through our technology field, and first lines of defense, and they were actually able to land an invasion force on us, then what would we do ? Because if the libs had there way, we would be fighting them off with butter knives instead of guns.

Didn't you lose a bet?

Translation: bigreb is making me look like a fool, it's time to make a calculated deflection. :lol:
thats why an old thread that was made over a year ago was brought back to life from a poster who had not even posted in that thread. Liberals want me gone from here. For that reason and the fact the bet was not accepted I shall remain here.

I have old ass threads consistantly brought back to life.

Trolls will be trolls and they're easy to spot when that happens.

It's a polarized topic no doubt, I'm just glad I've found somebody on the left wing that can properly argue about gun control without coming off as a condescending idiot who uses insults in order to cover their lack of knowledge on the topic.

I notice you like to try and reserve that approach just for yourself.

Sticking to the point for a sec, do you think that invasions of other nations are gone forever in the world ? Now if China for example were to make it through our technology field, and first lines of defense, and they were actually able to land an invasion force on us, then what would we do ? .

We would very likely wipe out their entire invading force and eliminate their ability to engage in large scale military operations for a generation or more. All this before it would ever get to the point where private citizens had to take to the streets to protect ourselves (which we would surely be willing and eager to do).

Let's look at Gun Suicides, amongst G-8 nations and Australia..

Data Comparison from GunPolicy.org Facts

US - 17,002

France - 1548

Germany - 772

Canada - 586

Italy - 477

Australia - 170

England and Wales - 115

Japan - 47
Beware America, of the globalist like Joe whom wants to sink America with the world, in order to destroy her with the means of the world used as his weapon of choice.. Hang on with every bit of Americanism you have left, and go after the rats in this nation quickly..

"We did indeed know much about your preparedness. We knew that probably every second home in your country contained firearms. We knew that your country actually had state championships for private citizens shooting military rifles. We were not fools to set foot in such quicksand." - Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II.

So what you're saying is somebody who controlled an entire fleet of naval ships and at one point was one of the greatest military leaders in the world, is wrong? Guess you're going to have to try again.

Last edited:
Sticking to the point for a sec, do you think that invasions of other nations are gone forever in the world ? Now if China for example were to make it through our technology field, and first lines of defense, and they were actually able to land an invasion force on us, then what would we do ? .

We would very likely wipe out their entire invading force and eliminate their ability to engage in large scale military operations for a generation or more. All this before it would ever get to the point where private citizens had to take to the streets to protect ourselves (which we would surely be willing and eager to do).
What made America so strong to begin with, was having all options available and on the table in case of such an invasion being somewhat successful or even highly sucessful against us. We don't go down without a fight, and if we fight we as Americans have the means always available to us in order to get the job done. If the libs have their way, we will be rendered useless in society and as a nation useless in the world..

Last edited:
Unkotare. Why don't you just go down my CP and try and challenge me on everything single one of my recent posts? Oh wait, you already have, and failed every time.

You can't fight if you aren't prepared you can't prepare if those tools are taken away.

"We did indeed know much about your preparedness. We knew that probably every second home in your country contained firearms. We knew that your country actually had state championships for private citizens shooting military rifles. We were not fools to set foot in such quicksand." - Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II.

That was not the quote in question. Does your ADD make it hard to concentrate?

You can't fight if you aren't prepared you can't prepare if those tools are taken away.

Don't look at me, I didn't vote for obama.

Unkotare. Why don't you just go down my CP and try and challenge me on everything single one of my recent posts? Oh wait, you already have, and failed every time.

Aw, do you need a tissue to wipe away the tears, liittle bitch?

What made America so strong to begin with, was having all options available and on the table in case of such an invasion being somewhat successful or even highly sucessful against us. We don't go down without a fight, and if we fight we as Americans have the means always available to us in order to get the job done. If the libs have their way, we will be rendered useless in society and as a nation useless in the world..

Don't let this recent election get you down; we'll have more. We will have a real leader again sooner or later.

[

Locke emphasizes Life Liberty and Property. Therefore I like to follow suit. Once somebody sees one of his homeboys gunned down while trying to steal a flat screen out of my store, see if anybody else tries it. Also, widespread ownership of weapons deterred a Japanese invasion of the US mainland during WWII. Something to the effect of "guns behind every blade of grass" or something like that was used to describe the number of guns in the US by Japan's military officials. It's a polarized topic no doubt, I'm just glad I've found somebody on the left wing that can properly argue about gun control without coming off as a condescending idiot who uses insults in order to cover their lack of knowledge on the topic.

The story that Admiral Yamamoto Isokuru stated that he wouldn't invade the American mainland because we had so many guns is a myth. He never said it. Nor was it the Japanese Empire's design to invade the CONUS.

How do we know? We contacted Donald M. Goldstein, sometimes called "the dean of Pearl Harbor historians." Among his many books are "The Pearl Harbor Papers: Inside the Japanese Plans" (1993) and the best-selling "At Dawn We Slept: The Untold Story of Pearl Harbor" (1981). He is a professor at the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh. He told us the supposed Yamamoto quote is "bogus."

In an exchange of e-mails he said:

Prof. Goldstein: I have never seen it in writing. It has been attributed to the Prange files [the files of the late Gordon W. Prange, chief historian on the staff of Gen. Douglas MacArthur] but no one had ever seen it or cited it from where they got it. Some people say that it came from our work but I never said it. … As of today it is bogus until someone can cite when and where.

FactCheck.org : Misquoting Yamamoto

So much for lack of knowledge. You repeat a gun-nutter myth like it's truth.

Now, besides your racist comment about "homeboys", frankly, I don't think a widescreen is worth killing a person over.

Let's look at Gun Suicides, amongst G-8 nations and Australia..

Beware America, of the globalist like Joe whom wants to sink America with the world, in order to destroy her with the means of the world used as his weapon of choice.. Hang on with every bit of Americanism you have left, and go after the rats in this nation quickly..

So you are trying to claim suicide is a great american value and we should make it easy for kids to do?

As I've said, you've never known a person who had to bury a teenager who killed himself with a gun they bought to protect the house. Otherwise, you wouldn't say such silly horseshit.

End of the the line, I'm going to continue to carry a gun to protect my family and I, that's all that matters to me, that I feel secure.

Nor was that really their goal, anyway.

The Japanese strategy was to win a decisive naval victory, seize key Islands in the Pacific, and then make it difficult for the Americans to retake them, until they got a treaty that was favorable.

Pretty much the same strategy they used in their 1905 war with Russia.

Sneak attack. Drawn out War. Decisive Naval Battle. Negotiated Peace.

However, they underestimated American rage over Pearl Harbor.

Forum List

Back