Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

I carry conceal. I imagine you do. No one is talking about taking our guns in power. What gun ban are you worried about?

Sane America is laughing at the anti-gun and the gun crazies.

Read the blogs, the newspapers online, and google it.

Jake just an observation, how about when you reply to someone, what about doing it correctly by putting their words in which you are replying to at the top, and then your response at the bottom or underneath theirs per your reply.. Makes sense doesn't it ? Like I said just an observation, but I know the button will have now been pushed, so I don't expect much in return. Just sayin...LOL

Jake just an observation, how about when you reply to someone, what about doing it correctly by putting their words in which you are replying to at the top, and then your response at the bottom or underneath theirs per your reply.. Makes sense doesn't it ? Like I said just an observation, but I know the button will have now been pushed, so I don't expect much in return. Just sayin...LOL

You have to take Fakey's OCD and other mental health issues into consideration when trying to explain his deviant behavior.

I carry conceal. I imagine you do. No one is talking about taking our guns in power. What gun ban are you worried about?

Sane America is laughing at the anti-gun and the gun crazies.

Read the blogs, the newspapers online, and google it.

Jake the fucking Liar strikes again.

You dont fool anyone, Twinky. The gun grabbing whores like you are trying to accomplish by degree what you cant accomplish by an honest fucking vote.

Go tohell.

Jake is a troll and not a person who wants to discuss anything at all.

It's cheaper than a metal detector or high tech security system or cop/armed security. Many teachers already are armed & have a CCW permit. All we need to do is get out of their way & let them defend themselves & the children. Stop preventing self defense.

Wait you said "many teachers" so which teachers to which you refer? I live in the state of California one of the most gun strict states, and I know for a fact many teachers from kindergarten to college are not certified in concealed or exposed firearms permit.

Let me give you the actual breakdown of cost (the following is an example):

Firearms training cost (cost may vary depending on who you contract out to):

Standard Courses $200 per person per training day
Handgun I & II, Tactical Rifle, Hunting Rifle, Defensive Shotgun, Defensive Handgun Skills Maintenance (

Advanced/Special Courses $225 per person per training day
Handgun CQB, Advanced Handgun, Vehicle Based Incidents, Advanced Tactical Rifle, Precision Rifle I & II

Seminars $100 per person
Backup Gun/Concealed Carry Seminar, Handgun Low Light Seminar
* $100 deposit is required to hold space in a course ($50 for seminars).
*costs based on a minimum of 8 attendees. Fewer attendees can be accomodated at an increased cost per person.

See reference: Course Costs - Practical Firearms Training

Bulletproof vest:

View attachment 23250

Cost $195-450 (This is the cheapest type vest I found on retailer's website)

Firearms:

Sigsauer P250 9mm

View attachment 23251

Cost: $317-400 (depending on retailer)

How much does it cost to hire police officers for every single school in the city of Sacramento?

According to the Sacramento Bee newspaper since sacramento has approximately 763 public schools (majority lacking police officer based resources) the cost would be anywhere from $110,000, to $140,000 per year which amounts to an annual cost of $83-106 million which is significantly more than the general annual budget. Of course, in the Los Angeles Unified School District since it has its own police department, their cost is also calculated along the budget of the LAUSD. The annual LAUSD budget in 2009-2010 was 7.3 billion now of course this is an old report. The budget is currently sitting around 6.1-6.3 billion.

See reference: LAUSD board approves $6.3B budget; after-school program saved - LA Daily News

Due to the budget crisis within the LAUSD system the district had to shorten the school year (about 175 days per school year calendar). This is how bad it is

"To help balance LAUSD's $6 billion budget, the district's labor

unions had agreed to accept 10 unpaid furlough days, half of them instructional days."

Also

"Since the financial crisis hit in 2008, California has been deferring some of the money due the state's public schools, forcing them to borrow money to cover their own costs.

This year, for instance, LAUSD should have received $6,718 per student, but got only $5,221."

See Reference: LAUSD Furlough Days: With Prop 30 Money, Chief Seeks To Rescind Furloughs, Restore School Calendar

So as you can see depending on certain states and their budgeting along with how much the schools can and cannot afford it is real difficult to discuss arming teachers when states like California which mind you has the eighth largest economy in the world (New York is the second largest), many districts are struggling to not only prolong school years, but also save after school programs (which are known to keep kids active and away from gang influence) along with maintaining teacher salaries.

I agree with Mick North when he said:

"The idea that because the problem is guns, the answer is guns, is simply ridiculous"

"I just do not understand the logic of that. If they arm the teachers does that mean they also have to provide the teachers with body armor?" he asked, seemingly rhetorically. "I understand the intruder on Friday had body armor to protect himself from being shot at. Do the children have to have body armor? How far do we have to go?"

See Reference: Mick North on arming teachers: "The idea that because the problem is guns, the answer is guns, is simply ridiculous" – Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

OK enough is enough
How many teachers have a CCW and their own firearm? I am willing to be at least 5 teachers in every school has a CCW and a firearm. Teachers who have a CCW and their own firearm will be allowed to carry to school.
I don't know of one CCW carrier who has not had to take a require course in firearms training.
End of how much will it cost back and forth BS.

Ok which teachers?

Kindergarten teachers?

High School teachers?

College Professors?

I personally have friends who substitute teach. Many of them don't even own a weapon and although majority of my friends that do teach are female, they rely more on law enforcement than anything else. The point is because Californbia is so strict on gun ownership I can almost gurantee if a kindergarten teacher used a firearm in a classroom killing someone who had a knife going for a kid the media would eat this up and rest assured many parents would question why a teacher would pop off in a classroom full of kids. That is my point!

Here is my question to you guys because I am confused.

When you guys say "teachers should be allowed to carry" which teachers are you referring to?

Are we talking about kindergarten teachers?

High School teachers?

College Professors?

When you guys say "teachers should be allowed to carry" which teachers are you referring to?

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Anyone who is:

1. Qualified and already issued a concealed carry permit.

2. Voluntarily screened for mental problems and/or criminal background.

3. Only those who *want* to do it.

4. And the gun would be concealed so dont worry about pissing your pants at the sight aof a fucking gun.

Why cant you stupid shit understand this simple approach to stopping this shit?

The Isrealis and Thais are ALREADY DOING IT WITH GREAT SUCCESS.

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Why are you confused? What does the grade a teacher teaches in matter?
If a teacher has a CCW and a firearm they should be allowed to carry at school.
At least here in North Carolina before you can have a CCW you must take a firearms training course.

High School teachers?

College Professors?

At least here in North Carolina before you can have a CCW you must take a firearms training course.

I think we both know 'Aristotle' is just blowing smoke, like most of the libtards do when they start to think they may be losing the discussion.

This one!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3rDokiFU9w]The Substitute Movie - YouTube[/ame]

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Anyone who is:

4. And the gun would be concealed so dont worry about pissing your pants at the sight aof a fucking gun.

So what if the school they teach has armed personnel? Do we just do away with the trust of armed personnel to save us from an attacker?

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Because there are professors who have political views regarding firearms and in light of the recent tragedy (and in this debate for that matter) many of you keep saying teachers, teachers, teachers. I don't envision my neuropsychology advisor who is 62 years old packing a .45 ACP S&W.

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Anyone who is:

Jim we are having a conversation why are you hurling insults? I haven't said anything negative about your views. I have clearly stated a question which I needed clarification so why the hurling of insults?

By the way we are a bigger country than Israel and Israel is at war with a neighboring state so using them as an example is moot.

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Because there are professors who have political views regarding firearms and in light of the recent tragedy (and in this debate for that matter) many of you keep saying teachers, teachers, teachers. I don't envision my neuropsychology advisor who is 62 years old packing a .45 ACP S&W.
Because there are professors who have political views regarding firearms and in light of the recent tragedy
Stop talking in code and speak plainly
What difference does it make if they are a CCW holder?

I don't envision my neuropsychology advisor who is 62 years old packing a .45 ACP S&W.
If they have a CCW what would it matter?

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Anyone who is:

So what if the school they teach has armed personnel? Do we just do away with the trust of armed personnel to save us from an attacker?

The more the merrier

Forum List

Back