Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Why are you confused? What does the grade a teacher teaches in matter?
If a teacher has a CCW and a firearm they should be allowed to carry at school.
At least here in North Carolina before you can have a CCW you must take a firearms training course.

Because there are professors who have political views regarding firearms and in light of the recent tragedy (and in this debate for that matter) many of you keep saying teachers, teachers, teachers. I don't envision my neuropsychology advisor who is 62 years old packing a .45 ACP S&W.
Because there are professors who have political views regarding firearms and in light of the recent tragedy
Stop talking in code and speak plainly
What difference does it make if they are a CCW holder?

I don't envision my neuropsychology advisor who is 62 years old packing a .45 ACP S&W.
If they have a CCW what would it matter?

I am not going to sit here and assume each and every teacher carries a concealed weapons permit. The point is in an institution of higher learning like UCLA for example with campus police patrolling the interior and perimeter it is not necessary for a teacher to carry a concealed weapon to class regardless whether they're qualified or not. I don't care if they have a permit its a pointless thing for any teacher to come to school with a concealed gun.

Dude have you seen a college lecture class?

There can be over a hundred students in one class. What can a teacher do in the middle of a lecture while their back is turned and someone busts in with a Bushmaster AR-15? Nothing. The teacher won't do a barrel roll like their in the movie lethal weapon. Most likely they will end up apart of the fatalities. The point in all of this is answering violence with violence is not a viable solution THAT IS MY POINT

Sorry bout that,

1. I covered this years ago, no one listened.
2. I doubt people are ready to listen now.
3. There should be a safe room near the entrance of *ALL* schools, hidden from view, more or less a secret viewing room of whats going on in the whole school through video camera feeds.
4. There should be a intercom system that rings into this room, from each class room and all rooms, there should also be an alarm system in the halls for students to pull when the need arises.
5. It should be an *all volunteer* service.
6. Retired ex-vets would be perfect.
6. (a) At all times there should be a secret agent teacher *armed*, who would be a (fall back position) in case of the *ex-vets* goes bonkers.
7. *PROBLEM SOLVED*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
12566_434397579963206_179469701_n_zpsfe2a6e8c.jpg

Because there are professors who have political views regarding firearms and in light of the recent tragedy (and in this debate for that matter) many of you keep saying teachers, teachers, teachers. I don't envision my neuropsychology advisor who is 62 years old packing a .45 ACP S&W.

I don't envision my neuropsychology advisor who is 62 years old packing a .45 ACP S&W.

I am not going to sit here and assume each and every teacher carries a concealed weapons permit. The point is in an institution of higher learning like UCLA for example with campus police patrolling the interior and perimeter it is not necessary for a teacher to carry a concealed weapon to class regardless whether they're qualified or not. I don't care if they have a permit its a pointless thing for any teacher to come to school with a concealed gun.

There can be over a hundred students in one class. What can a teacher do in the middle of a lecture while their back is turned and someone busts in with a Bushmaster AR-15? Nothing. The teacher won't do a barrel roll like their in the movie lethal weapon. Most likely they will end up apart of the fatalities. The point in all of this is answering violence with violence is not a viable solution THAT IS MY POINT

I am not going to sit here and assume each and every teacher carries a concealed weapons permit.
No one has said that but you will more than gladly make an assumption about your neuropsychology advisor

Yes but it has been a few years. and still is irrelevant.

The point is in an institution of higher learning like UCLA for example with campus police patrolling the interior and perimeter it is not necessary for a teacher to carry a concealed weapon to class regardless whether they're qualified or not. I don't care if they have a permit its a pointless thing for any teacher to come to school with a concealed gun.
Virginia tech have campus police and your point?
Let's cut to the meat what is your experience with firearms?

Sorry bout that,

1. Having a cop just stand around is stupid.
2. The only way this would be effective is if its covert.
3. The crazies will just sneak up on cop and shoot him first.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Here is my question to you guys because I am confused.

When you guys say "teachers should be allowed to carry" which teachers are you referring to?

Are we talking about kindergarten teachers?

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Did you actually bother to read any of the 119 pages in this thread before posting? If not, then your confusion is not our problem, because the answer has been discussed extensively.

If you read it and are still confused, your confusion REALLY isn't our problem.

When you guys say "teachers should be allowed to carry" which teachers are you referring to?

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Anyone who is:

1. Qualified and already issued a concealed carry permit.

2. Voluntarily screened for mental problems and/or criminal background.

3. Only those who *want* to do it.

4. And the gun would be concealed so dont worry about pissing your pants at the sight aof a fucking gun.

Why cant you stupid shit understand this simple approach to stopping this shit?

The Isrealis and Thais are ALREADY DOING IT WITH GREAT SUCCESS.

So what if the school they teach has armed personnel? Do we just do away with the trust of armed personnel to save us from an attacker?

Some particular reason it has to be an either-or, mutually exclusive deal for you?

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Anyone who is:

4. And the gun would be concealed so dont worry about pissing your pants at the sight aof a fucking gun.

Jim we are having a conversation why are you hurling insults? I haven't said anything negative about your views. I have clearly stated a question which I needed clarification so why the hurling of insults?

By the way we are a bigger country than Israel and Israel is at war with a neighboring state so using them as an example is moot.

No, it didn't "need clarification". We've been "clarifying" it for 120 pages or so. The fact that you either 1) didn't bother to read those pages before spouting off, 2) read them but didn't bother comprehending and internalizing the messages there, or 3) were too thick to understand what you read does not obligate anyone else to treat with any seriousness and respect you coming in and blankly saying, "So . . . what was your position again?"

Furthermore, I can't see what difference being a bigger country than Israel has to do with letting teachers who are permitted to carry do so, and I also don't see how Israel being at war makes them "moot" as an example. It doesn't really matter to me WHAT the motivations are of the crazed gunman attacking our children.

Anyone who is:

Jim we are having a conversation why are you hurling insults? I haven't said anything negative about your views. I have clearly stated a question which I needed clarification so why the hurling of insults?

By the way we are a bigger country than Israel and Israel is at war with a neighboring state so using them as an example is moot.

No, it didn't "need clarification". We've been "clarifying" it for 120 pages or so. The fact that you either 1) didn't bother to read those pages before spouting off, 2) read them but didn't bother comprehending and internalizing the messages there, or 3) were too thick to understand what you read does not obligate anyone else to treat with any seriousness and respect you coming in and blankly saying, "So . . . what was your position again?"

Furthermore, I can't see what difference being a bigger country than Israel has to do with letting teachers who are permitted to carry do so, and I also don't see how Israel being at war makes them "moot" as an example. It doesn't really matter to me WHAT the motivations are of the crazed gunman attacking our children.

Let me spell it out for you. The reason why Israel is a horrible example is because the current state of Israel is about protection of its citizens, from inside and out. They are in constant danger of either being invaded, or infiltrated. We don't have that problem. Our concerns are the current wars, fiscal cliffs, and the internal strife we like to call "war on drugs."

The idea that teachers in Israel packing guns does nothing for the advancement of the proponents argument that teachers arming themselves as being a logical solution to school violence.

Anyone who is:

So what if the school they teach has armed personnel? Do we just do away with the trust of armed personnel to save us from an attacker?

Some particular reason it has to be an either-or, mutually exclusive deal for you?

Sigh*

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Did you actually bother to read any of the 119 pages in this thread before posting? If not, then your confusion is not our problem, because the answer has been discussed extensively.

If you read it and are still confused, your confusion REALLY isn't our problem.

Actually no it hasn't. In fact this whole thread/discussion is based off what happen to kindergarteners. I've made the argument about professors carrying concealed weapons on college campuses especially college campuses with an actual police substation on the premises. I argued that college professors have an unecessary duty to conceal a firearms in a class especially when lecture halls consist of hundreds of students. It is nearly impossible to be ready for a spontaneous attack....I mean case in point look at the Virginia Tech shooting.

Sorry bout that,

1. I covered this years ago, no one listened.
2. I doubt people are ready to listen now.
3. There should be a safe room near the entrance of *ALL* schools, hidden from view, more or less a secret viewing room of whats going on in the whole school through video camera feeds.
4. There should be a intercom system that rings into this room, from each class room and all rooms, there should also be an alarm system in the halls for students to pull when the need arises.
5. It should be an *all volunteer* service.
6. Retired ex-vets would be perfect.
6. (a) At all times there should be a secret agent teacher *armed*, who would be a (fall back position) in case of the *ex-vets* goes bonkers.
7. *PROBLEM SOLVED*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I like all except 7....For one I highly doubt an ex vet would volunteer their time (and life) for free

No one has said that but you will more than gladly make an assumption about your neuropsychology advisor

The point is in an institution of higher learning like UCLA for example with campus police patrolling the interior and perimeter it is not necessary for a teacher to carry a concealed weapon to class regardless whether they're qualified or not. I don't care if they have a permit its a pointless thing for any teacher to come to school with a concealed gun.

My experience with firearms?

I have a S&W Sigma SVE 9mm (stainless steel). I also have a glock 20.

In 2003 when I was 21 I used to work for Brinks part time. I had my exposed firearms permit. That was a year of paranoia. Although you are prepared most days often times people do not expect the unexpected. That is the case with Virginia Tech. Arming teachers will not prevent unexpected massacres. Beefing up security and police presence should be the deturing element. A physics professor cannot worry about both explaining the law of thermodynamics and potential school shootings

Anyone who is:

He is just posturing for a rhetorical point that only a libtard would agree with.

Seriously, what does this phrase "do away with the trust of armed personnel " actually mean? It reads like gibberish.

This one!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3rDokiFU9w]The Substitute Movie - YouTube[/ame]

Lol, but you know that wold be alawyers dream. I saw about 8 lawsuits in that one clip, lololol.

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Anyone who is:

Would you mind translating that question into comprehensible English?

I seriously do not understand your question, though I doubt the sincerety behind it anyway

High School teachers?

College Professors?

Anyone who is:

Well, I am saying something negative about your question; it makes no sense, and if you would actually READ what people are posting you would find the answer to your question, I think, since I iam not sure what it was exactly that you asked.

The only relevance that has is in that the Isrealis have had to adopt these methods decades ago. The FACT that is relevant here is that their methods actually work, unlike passing more laws that the murderers will just ignore anyway.

Because the purpose of these gun grabbing laws is not to protect our schools. The massacres of these little kids is just a crisis to exploit to pass more gun restrictions. That is why the libtards try to shout down any suggestions that would make the schools more safe, becauuse they dont want these schools actually safe at all. They need these kinds of shootings to justify stripping Americans of their guns and the right to self-defense.

But you probably know that already, and are just another ass hole trying to obfuscate the only real answer that has been tried and true in two other countries.

Last edited:

My experience with firearms?

I have a S&W Sigma SVE 9mm (stainless steel). I also have a glock 20.

In 2003 when I was 21 I used to work for Brinks part time. I had my exposed firearms permit. That was a year of paranoia. Although you are prepared most days often times people do not expect the unexpected. That is the case with Virginia Tech. Arming teachers will not prevent unexpected massacres. Beefing up security and police presence should be the deturing element.

Arming teachers is the BEST thing to stop 'unexpected massacres', as 1. all massacres are unexpected from the victims point of view anyway, and 2. actual real world events show that in fact arming the intended targets is the most effective solution as it is more of a deterent since the murderer does not know who is armed, and it is far more likely that an armed teacher would be near the perp when the shooting starts than aplainly visible armed guard, and thus the armed teacher could save MORE LIVES.

A physics professor cannot worry about both explaining the law of thermodynamics and potential school shootings

Sure he can; and if he cant then he shouldnt be concealed carrying ANYWHERE.

Funny, you libtards must think that the Thais and Isrealis are super men or something since they have been doing this stuff for decades now, though it is apparently impossible to even conceive for libtards.

Now, here's the thing.

All these folks were batshit crazy. They were still able to get guns.

No shit, Sherlock. And if you ever come up with a usefull idea on how to keep that from happening we would love to hear it but all this pissing and moaning because the world is the way it is accomplishs nothing and becomes irritating very quickly.

There are simple ways.

1) Have a RIGOROUS background check for new guns sales. That means when Joker Holmes goes to buy a gun, we call his school, we call his mommy if he's under 30, we call his job, and when all of them tell us he's batshit crazy and ought to be medicated, not armed, we don't sell him a gun.

2) Everyone who currently has a gun needs to get licensed to have it, and the license should be as rigourous as getting one for an automobile. I'd go one further. I have a DL for my car, but not one for driving an 18 wheeler. You want a more powerful weapon, you have to a) show cause why you need that much firepower (Penis compensation doesn't count) and b) Have to undergo rigourous training.

3) Ban the sale or ownership of magazines with more than 10 round capacity.

4) Make the sale of guns at gun shows illegal. Period.

5) Make the sale of guns online illegal. Period.

6) Reinstitute the Assault Weapons Ban.

And if all that fails, we should do what every other industrialized democracy has done. Ban private gun ownership altogether, because that IS how the rest of the world works.

Forum List

Back