Another shooting - Time for change?

A smal minority opinion does not change things

Perhaps.
After all, 11,000 murders per year isn't that many.
And they're only Americans.

11,000 murders? No, there were 14,176 murders in 2013 (according to the FBI Crime Stats). That is a 4.4% decrease from 2012. It is a 7.8% decrease from 2009. And it is a 12.1% drop from 2004.

Also according to the FBI, 69% of the murders were committed with a firearm. Which puts the gun murders at 9,781 for 2013.

I just thought some facts might help.

I really don't give a shit how the victims' families feel.

Yes, I know.
That's why you're a pathetic bastard, and I'm not.

Really? Let's assume that each shooting victim has 3 family members. That would be a total of 9 grieving family members for the 3 dead.

There are roughly 314 million people in the country and 100 million gun owners.

You want to determine the law for 314 million because of what 0.000003% of the population is feeling?

Info, I live in the woods. I have no neighbors. 2 men showed up in the middle of the night to break into my house to rob, maybe rape, maybe murder me. No phone, no electric due to hurricane Rita.
You took my gun. What do you suggest I do now?

Perhaps.

11,000 murders? No, there were 14,176 murders in 2013 (according to the FBI Crime Stats). That is a 4.4% decrease from 2012. It is a 7.8% decrease from 2009. And it is a 12.1% drop from 2004.

Also according to the FBI, 69% of the murders were committed with a firearm. Which puts the gun murders at 9,781 for 2013.

Let's just make it illegal for black people in the cities to have guns, since they're the ones who are committing most of those murders.

Oh wait, those cities already have strict gun laws. Never mind.

Perhaps.

Let's just make it illegal for black people in the cities to have guns, since they're the ones who are committing most of those murders.

Oh wait, those cities already have strict gun laws. Never mind.

You don't see these on the front pages. now wonder why? and this is just Baltimore

snip:
Violence Continues in Baltimore: 4 Adults, 3 Teens Shot Overnight

seven people were shot including three teenagers in Baltimore last night. Only two weeks ago, the city's police commissioner was fired after the murder rate skyrocketed and the city saw violent riots after the death of Freddie Gray.

The three teenagers, ages 13, 15 and 16, sustained non-life threatening gunshot wounds around 11 p.m. on Wednesday in East Baltimore, police said.

Violence Continues in Baltimore 4 Adults 3 Teens Shot Overnight Truth Revolt

"Police said that within the span of about two hours, four other adult males were shot, two of the victims multiple times.
"No arrests have been made.
"The crime rate in Baltimore is surging. So far this year, Baltimore had 155 killings compared to 105 murders for the same time last year."

Looks like the only place the murder rate is decreasing is in the open carry states.
Violence Continues in Baltimore 4 Adults 3 Teens Shot Overnight Truth Revolt

Info, I live in the woods. I have no neighbors. 2 men showed up in the middle of the night to break into my house to rob, maybe rape, maybe murder me. No phone, no electric due to hurricane Rita.

You're supposed to submit. At least you'll all still be alive when it's over... maybe....

Even if they kill you, one death is better than you killing both of them.

You're supposed to submit. At least you'll all still be alive when it's over... maybe....

Yeah no submitting in my family. We kill trespassers.

Last edited:

oh darn. didn't that one elected idiot suggest throwing canned food at them?
I heard that somewhere. holy smokes

Forum List

Back