Another Victim of Police Brutality - Warning Graphic Content

Really? Laying on the ground with 3 bullets in him with two well-trained cops with guns pointing at him. Who was he going to hurt?

Could he have been disoriented or impaired from understanding the officers warnings? I'm not suggesting the cops shouldn't have reacted, my question is was killing him the only option?

But then again, perhaps my questions would have more impact if #ALLLIVESMATTER was asking the question.

I'm just amazed by the callous disregard for human life.

Really? Laying on the ground with 3 bullets in him with two well-trained cops with guns pointing at him. Who was he going to hurt?

My point precisely.

Absolutely. The question isn't COULD they have killed him .. they could and they did. The question is could they have done something else OTHER than kill him.

I believe they could absolutely.

Can't believe I missed this the first time through.

"Noble is heard saying that he hates his life."

I'd say thats pretty clear cut evidence that he did it on purpose.

I still would not have killed him .. which is supposed to be a last resort.

Not arguing .. just me.

I guess you could raise the question as to why they didnt try to taser the guy since there was back up already there.
I do know they wont use a taser if they are the only one on the scene.

That crossed my mind as well .. especially with the video from the 2nd camera which showed they were close enough to taz him.

I just don't get the disregard for human life.

Not arguing .. just me.
Well, not everyone is meant to be a cop. Cops MUST be able to respond with force in order to protect the public and their fellow officers.

I saw opportunities to protect the public and fellow officers without killing the guy .. which chould be the very last option.

But you're right, everyone is not meant to be a cop.

The reality is that the police are in a tough position. If you're the one who's job it is to investigate a report of someone with a gun and he won't listen to what you're telling him to do, how would you react? Would you let him take something out of his pocket knowing it could possible be a weapon that could be used to harm/kill you? Probably not.

When it comes to police supposedly gunning down black people without a care in the world, i don't think that's the case at all. Certainly there are going to be some bad cops out there, but most likely, the majority are those that patrol areas known to have a higher than average crime rate and therefore are going to be more likely to use their weapon if put in a position where they feel like their life or safety could be threatened. At the end of the day, if the choice is between being publicly scrutinized, possibly fired or even charged for a crime or being dead... you're probably going to be pick the former and it's going to lead to some questionable/regrettable decisions.

Not arguing .. just me.
Well, not everyone is meant to be a cop. Cops MUST be able to respond with force in order to protect the public and their fellow officers.

I saw opportunities to protect the public and fellow officers without killing the guy .. which chould be the very last option.

Given the circumstances of the call i can see why they didnt taser him.

Was he stupid or impaired? Look at the video again, he looked impaired to me. He never seemed to recognize the danger he was in.

.. but again .. that's just me.

If I had to take a guess it looked like suicide by cop.
The guy wasnt staggering or giving any other signs of intoxication.

Not looking for an argument, but I disagree. He looked decidedly disoriented, walked away from his vehicle when he first got out, and he never seemed to recognize the danger.

I won't watch it again, but there was a moment after he'd been shot twice, where the officers were really close to him, and it appears to me that they could have rushed him before he could reach for anything .. and as it turns out, there was nothing for him to reach for .. he was unarmed.

I do recognize that this is just me imposing my own moral judgement on this situation.

He didnt look disoriented to me.
Looked to me like he was working up the courage to go through with a suicide attempt.

I still would not have killed him. He was down and shot 3 times.

.. just me.
You wouldn't last long as a cop.

My son has been a cop for 14 years .. and we essentially see eye-to-eye on shootings like this. He's been involved in 3 shootings, nobody died.

When he gets of work today I'll ask him if he would have killed him .. knowing that I already know his answer.

Jesse don't show unless he can get attention, so you don't see rallies for black on Black crime.

Backwards again, when Jesse shows up he gets attention. Thats why he charges for that media exposure to the issue. And there are plenty of rallies on black crime. When you say no rallies you're thinking about white on white crime.

Show me Jesse at one of those rallies?

75 grand seriously?
If it brought attention and he cared, why not do more black on black?

Most people see the game, you dont...oh well

Column: Jesse Jackson rallies to stop black-on-black carnage

You said it never happens. He's never at those rallies. I proved you wrong and blows a hole in your entire premise

Not arguing .. just me.

With a shotgun pointing at his head, I don't.

If he was heard saying that he hated his life .. I would have pulled back with guns still pointing at him and looked for a better solution. What was the rush?

If I had to take a guess it looked like suicide by cop.
The guy wasnt staggering or giving any other signs of intoxication.

Not looking for an argument, but I disagree. He looked decidedly disoriented, walked away from his vehicle when he first got out, and he never seemed to recognize the danger.

I won't watch it again, but there was a moment after he'd been shot twice, where the officers were really close to him, and it appears to me that they could have rushed him before he could reach for anything .. and as it turns out, there was nothing for him to reach for .. he was unarmed.

I do recognize that this is just me imposing my own moral judgement on this situation.

Looked to me like he was working up the courage to go through with a suicide attempt.

.. just me.

My son has been a cop for 14 years .. and we essentially see eye-to-eye on shootings like this. He's been involved in 3 shootings, nobody died.

When he gets of work today I'll ask him if he would have killed him .. knowing that I already know his answer.
When cops shoot, they are trained to kill. Not maim or scare, but kill. I think your son needs a bit more pistol training at a gun range.

Not arguing .. just me.

With a shotgun pointing at his head, I don't.

If he was heard saying that he hated his life .. I would have pulled back with guns still pointing at him and looked for a better solution. What was the rush?

If you get called out for a guy with a gun and he keeps reaching for his waist you dont take the chance.
Just because he wants to kill himself doesnt mean he's opposed to taking a cop with him.

.. just me.

When cops shoot, they are trained to kill. Not maim or scare, but kill. I think your son needs a bit more pistol training at a gun range.

Says the non cop

.. just me.

Says the non cop
...says the non cop.

Jesse don't show unless he can get attention, so you don't see rallies for black on Black crime.

Backwards again, when Jesse shows up he gets attention. Thats why he charges for that media exposure to the issue. And there are plenty of rallies on black crime. When you say no rallies you're thinking about white on white crime.

75 grand seriously?

You said it never happens. He's never at those rallies. I proved you wrong and blows a hole in your entire premise

Rallies, interventions, and mentoring like that happens every single day in the black community.

But as a mentor of middle school boys at risk, I can tell you they already know they are targeted and have no faith in the justice system. Every time another innocent/unarmed young brother gets murdered by cops .. my job just got harder.

Sanity and respect in policing would instill sanity and respect among those who have no faith in this system.

75 grand seriously?

Rallies, interventions, and mentoring like that happens every single day in the black community.

But as a mentor of middle school boys at risk, I can tell you they already know they are targeted and have no faith in the justice system. Every time another innocent/unarmed young brother gets murdered by cops .. my job just got harder.

Sanity and respect in policing would instill sanity and respect among those who have no faith in this system.
Ah so they are taught this hate at a young age, explains alot.

75 grand seriously?

Yes because they see it happen in their community. Try killing someone then asking how the family feels about you. You may be shocked to know its not a positive because black people be tripping off of death...for no reason I guess

75 grand seriously?

Yes because they see it happen in their community. Try killing someone then asking how the family feels about you. You may be shocked to know its not a positive because black people be tripping off of death...for no reason I guess

Instead some black areas y ou couldn't pay a white person to go there, how do they see it?
Omg I went to the bus station and some old lady clutched her purse.......based on what she sees on the news do you blame her?

75 grand seriously?

Racist gatherings, gang recruiting, and a gang training, like that that happens everyday in the black community.

I tried closed, but you don't want an honest debate...to defend jess Jackson extorted 75000 out of poor black folk...and say that's OK but then bitching about a 400 ticket from a cop is rediculous

Dont use your money for education, food ect...no just keep giving it to Jesse Jackson to preach his hate and blaming whitey for everything

75 grand seriously?

Absolutely .. and the police taught them .. just as they taught me.

75 grand seriously?

Racist gatherings, gang recruiting, and a gang training, like that that happens everyday in the black community.

You don't know shit about the black community other that what you get in your 'How to be a Racist' manual.

Forum List

Back