Another winning issue for Trump

Isn't this the same promise he made in 2016 and never came out with a plan? Why would anyone believe him now? MAGA cults excepted.

The word 'Obamacare' may be toxic but the actual policies of Obamacare are very popular, especially the ban on pre-existing conditions. There is no way Trump will be able to do any more now than in his previous term, most of Obamacare is still very popular.
He did. He dismantled the "mandate" which effectively weakened the ACA.

Why on earth would he do that? He doesn't need to give all the details now. He can do that after he's back in the White House.
jeff-dunham-peanut-peanut.gif

He did. He dismantled the "mandate" which effectively weakened the ACA.

Seems really weakened.

For those of you who stayed awake in HS Civics...

The Affordable Care Act is, in its totality, unconstitutional. Congress has no power to get into the health insurance business. The Supreme Court did not shut it down because the Chief Justice is a pussy. If the Court had had its current makeup when the first challenge got to the USSC, it would have been declared totally unconstitutional.

HOWEVER, there are two things in ACA that the American people like: the prohibition against refusing clients due to expensive pre-existing conditions, and the elimination of lifetime coverage caps. This is why when "leading Republicans" (Senator Cruz) talks about the replacement for ACA, they always say that these two provisions will be retained in the Republican replacement act.

But there will never be a Republican replacement for the ACA. Republicans have too much respect for the Constitution. They will try a number of things, but it is simply not possible to replace ACA with anything that is not equally unconstitutional.

ACA would be a seriously reviled piece of legislation but for one fact: Most people don't have to pay for it directly. Their employers pay or subsidize the dramatically higher premiums, so Obama gets a pass. OTOH, many people have seriously subsidized insurance premiums and they LOVE Obamacare.

Bottom line: It would be political suicide to replace it. Don't listen to Trump or other Republican blather. It ain't happening. ACA is here to stay. [Did I just make a poem?]

Getting rid of Obamacare will surely get votes for Trump. It was never popular with anyone I knew. Sounds like Trump will make this a priority.

---Trump promises to replace Obamacare with his own healthcare 'alternative'---

Turkeys voting for Christmas.

I don't think Obamacare is big on people's minds right now. Healthcare? They can't afford a fucking haircut. The cost of a fucking HAIRCUT has almost doubled since Biden took office. I was paying 12 dollars in 2021, I paid 22 two days before xmas.

The problem with the medical system is:

1) No one, and I mean no one, knows what anything costs.
2) Doctor's and medical facilities charge uninsured customers 3-5X as much than insured customers. I thought that was illegal but guess not.
3) The quality of care is the worst in the world, but is the most expensive by far.

Making the government pay for something that no one can afford doesnt fix the underlying problem: no one can afford it.

Getting rid of Obamacare will surely get votes for Trump. It was never popular with anyone I knew. Sounds like Trump will make this a priority.

---Trump promises to replace Obamacare with his own healthcare 'alternative'---

He should have done it in his first term.
The fact that he’s right is helpful. The fact that he failed in that first term hurts.

The problem with the medical system is:

1) No one, and I mean no one, knows what anything costs.
2) Doctor's and medical facilities charge uninsured customers 3-5X as much than insured customers. I thought that was illegal but guess not.
3) The quality of care is the worst in the world, but is the most expensive by far.

Making the government pay for something that no one can afford doesnt fix the underlying problem: no one can afford it.

Some of that is a total lie.
Uninsured customers receive a 72% discount, as soon as they walk in.
Also huge smiles from the people not having to deal with government bureaucracy.

Also huge smiles from the people not having to deal with government bureaucracy.

Sounds like a real picnic.

I have personal experience.

I was quoted $26,000 for a procedure, insurance paid less than $5,000 for.

Forum List

Back