Antarctic ice shelf thinning accelerates

JC, you dumb fuck, Liminal has presented real evidence and all you have done is flap yap.

You cannot dispute a single asseration that he has made, because all the evidence states that he is correct. So all you do is make nonsensicle statements.

Climate Change Vital Signs of the Planet Sea Level

Sea Level
LATEST MEASUREMENT: December 2014
60.12 mm
DOWNLOAD DATA
Sea level rise is caused primarily by two factors related to global warming: the added water coming from the melting of land ice and the expansion of sea water as it warms. The first chart tracks the change in sea level since 1993 as observed by satellites.

The second chart, derived from coastal tide gauge data, shows how much sea level changed from about 1870 to 2000.

SATELLITE DATA: 1993-PRESENT
Data source: Satellite sea level observations.
Credit: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
RATE OF CHANGE

mm per year

So, JC, are you going to say that NASA is lying?

JC, you dumb fuck, Liminal has presented real evidence and all you have done is flap yap.

You cannot dispute a single asseration that he has made, because all the evidence states that he is correct. So all you do is make nonsensicle statements.

Sea Level
60.12 mm
DOWNLOAD DATA
Sea level rise is caused primarily by two factors related to global warming: the added water coming from the melting of land ice and the expansion of sea water as it warms. The first chart tracks the change in sea level since 1993 as observed by satellites.

The second chart, derived from coastal tide gauge data, shows how much sea level changed from about 1870 to 2000.

RATE OF CHANGE

mm per year

Here's what NOAA has to say. Funnily enough the majority of the sea level "rise" areas are in the 0-3 mm/year range. I wonder how many of those are actually ZERO? I checked several and many had +/- levels that are greater than their supposed rise. When you look at the areas that are dropping, it's a different story. Take Churchill Canada for instance...the sea level there is dropping at a rate of 9.48mm/year +/- .57mm/year.

How about Kodiak Island AK? Well the sea level there is dropping at 11.05mm/year +/- .95mm/year.

Isn't that interesting.....the areas that are dropping are HUUUUGE. The areas that are rising are so minor as to be unreadable in many cases.

Sea Level Trends - NOAA Tides and Currents

The ice caps on Antarctica and Greenland are melting at an accelerated rate. There is no actual controversy about that.
sure there is!! what the heck are you talking about? Prove it.

Stupid denials of obvious facts don't make a very persuasive argument.
Sea Level Rise -- National Geographic
Come on dude is that all you got to show me a link during a flood, you know what a flood is?

Well that answers that question. You really are just as full of shit as you can possibly be.

By all means, go to this site;

Note how many more areas are rising than falling. And note that the areas that are falling are exactly those areas in which there is very active subduction.

And Walleyes knows this, and is again lying by misdirection.

Active subduction lowers sea levels now? That's weird. All the papers I've seen say the opposite.

CSZ A Key Factor for Pacific Northwest Sea-Level Rise Yale Climate Connections

Sea-Level Rise for the Coasts of California Oregon and Washington Past Present and Future 2012 Division on Earth and Life Studies
etc. etc. etc.

I have to wonder why the deniers bother to post on a public forum, as if they actually had an argument.

Warming Seas Drive Rapid Acceleration of Melting Antarctic Ice

Warren Cornwall needs to read the articles he uses for sourcing..

2-3 mm per decade rise and many areas show less than 1mm giving serious question to the validity of their claims. Given the land subsidence of many islands and regions the level of rise is near zero..

The Antarctic is over 1 million KL^2 larger than just 5 years ago and winter time averages are upwards of 3-4 million KL^2 larger setting records which exceed written record keeping. The paper Cornwell cites even acknowledges that VOLCANIC FLOWS AND WARM WATER from the region are the main cause for melt.. Yet you seem to miss that point as did the alarmist shill for NG...

The only argument you can muster is one on how long it would take you to escape from a wet paper bag.. without directions... You and Mantooth will have great time inside your bag...

Note how many more areas are rising than falling. And note that the areas that are falling are exactly those areas in which there is very active subduction.

ZERO TO 3mm per decade....

How long will it take to rise 6 inches? 160 years... 1 Foot? 320 years...

upload_2015-4-1_21-55-52.png

I have to wonder why the deniers bother to post on a public forum, as if they actually had an argument.

2-3 mm per decade rise and many areas show less than 1mm giving serious question to the validity of their claims. Given the land subsidence of many islands and regions the level of rise is near zero..

The Antarctic is over 1 million KL^2 larger than just 5 years ago and winter time averages are upwards of 3-4 million KL^2 larger setting records which exceed written record keeping. The paper Cornwell cites even acknowledges that VOLCANIC FLOWS AND WARM WATER from the region are the main cause for melt.. Yet you seem to miss that point as did the alarmist shill for NG...

The only argument you can muster is one on how long it would take you to escape from a wet paper bag.. without directions... You and Mantooth will have great time inside your bag...

Thankfully we can rely on your scientific expertise to interpret the information and put it into context for us, we sure are lucky. I'd be very surprised if some foundation hadn't already offered funding for you to start your own think tank.

So what did cause CO2 to go up in the past 150 years?

You asked this same stupid question yesterday as if every ice core ever done didn't answer that very question.

I posed a question to you yesterday which you apparently dodged and even the hairball let it pass...and the hairball never passes on an opportunity to look like an idiot...could it be that the answer raises questions that would make it obvious to even you warmers that you have been taken in by a hoax? I'll ask again.

CO2 has been increasing at a steady 2.1ppm or so per year since we started measuring even though mankind's CO2 output has increased 350% since 2002. Explain why mankind's CO2 output which has increased 350% since 2002 remains indistinguishable from the natural rise that has remained essentially the same since we started measuring.

Active subduction lowers sea levels now? That's weird. All the papers I've seen say the opposite.

Sea-Level Rise for the Coasts of California Oregon and Washington Past Present and Future 2012 Division on Earth and Life Studies
etc. etc. etc.
What an absolute liar you are, Walleyes. You claim that you have a Phd in Geology, then you don't seem to understand that those levels are relative to the land. Where the land is rising, due to isostasy from the continental ice melt, or being pushed up from subduction, the sea level relative to land, is falling. Everywhere else it is rising.

Sea Level
60.12 mm
DOWNLOAD DATA

RATE OF CHANGE

mm per year

Yes

I
The ice caps on Antarctica and Greenland are melting at an accelerated rate. There is no actual controversy about that.
sure there is!! what the heck are you talking about? Prove it.

Stupid denials of obvious facts don't make a very persuasive argument.
Sea Level Rise -- National Geographic
Come on dude is that all you got to show me a link during a flood, you know what a flood is?

Well that answers that question. You really are just as full of shit as you can possibly be.
nicely said, a most predictable response with a leftist insult.

Thankfully we can rely on your scientific expertise to interpret the information and put it into context for us, we sure are lucky. I'd be very surprised if some foundation hadn't already offered funding for you to start your own think tank.
You have scientific expertise? Right!

ZERO TO 3mm per decade....

How long will it take to rise 6 inches? 160 years... 1 Foot? 320 years...

View attachment 38889
That's accelerating

etc. etc. etc.
What an absolute liar you are, Walleyes. You claim that you have a Phd in Geology, then you don't seem to understand that those levels are relative to the land. Where the land is rising, due to isostasy from the continental ice melt, or being pushed up from subduction, the sea level relative to land, is falling. Everywhere else it is rising.
Where?

You have scientific expertise? Right!

Enough to know that you don't know anything.

etc. etc. etc.
:popcorn:

The "context" is the claims are lies. That is the only "context" that matters.

etc. etc. etc.

Show us some papers that claim subduction zones cause sea level decreases there olfraud. I backed up my claim. How about you do the same. You are great at hurling insults like the junkyard dog that you are, but you are remarkably short on facts. Subduction zones cause volcanoes to form INLAND. They don't cause the continental plates to rise.

Isostasy is where the actual continental plates are rising due to the enormous weight of all those continental glaciers melting off 11,000 years ago. THAT is what is occurring. Subduction zones have NOTHING to do with that you fucking moron.

Forum List

Back