Anthony Kennedy just announced his retirement!

This is good news for the Conservatives, but not the slam-dunk that folks are either singing Hosannas or rending their garments over right now. He was the least conservative of the five conservative justices, and we can expect him to be replaced by someone resembling the Second Coming of Neil Gorsuch. His retirement means the two sides are further from each other, and the right does shift - umm, "righter," but the big change will come if either of the seats held by RBG (age 85) or Steven Breyer (age 81) come open during President Trump's reign. Then you'll have a 6-3 conservative bench with very few moderates that, given the ages of the current conservatives (70, 68, 63, and 50), will be likely to last quite a while.

Also, perspective: Throughout most of our history, the Supreme Court has been a fairly conservative entity, the big exception being the Civil Rights era. The early-20th century Lochner Era, for example, was by today's standards completely batshit crazy (even Roberts and Bork has criticized their overreach) and ruled enthusiastically for corporate deregulation and power and against unions, at a time that gave us such joys as child labor, strikebreakers, and the Great Depression. Viewed through a widespread historical lens, those supporting the Progressive agenda should look at the Supreme Court more as an obstacle to be cleared rather than a potential supporter of their ideas.

Time to reverse Roe Vs Wade!
Go. To. Hell.

That's not going to happen .
Hell or overturning Roe v. Wade?

No one is going to overturn Roe vs wade I would turn a democrat

Without overstepping my bounds as a Canadian, shouldn't this be a state issue?

In fact, I always felt (after being better informed by Americans) that a great number of these issues should be state issues. It was actually appealing to me to realize you DON'T want a heavy, centralized government, you want independent states within Union.

Well there are elections in in November and according to scumbag GOP and the Dupes, that means we should wait until after the election to support a new nomination LOL. At any rate we will never regain our status as a great leading country until Democrats control the the government again like 2 months under Obama and under LBJ... And not in the middle of another corrupt GOP World depression...

Republicans stole the last supreme court seat. I see no reason to cooperate on any candidate Trump might offer.

The Constitution says a majority is all that's needed. Garland didn't have a majority. Gorsuch did.

Capische?
Yes through blocking Gorsuch until the Senate and Presidency were one party, and through changing the rule to a simple majority vote, republicans have paved the way for the SC to be a group of activist judges.
Gorsuch was as much of a constitutionalist judge as you'll realistically be able find. Be honest, you want activist judges... as long as you agree with them.
Lol what I want... that’s the thing about Judges, they’re supposed to rule impartially. not the way they or I want. But that doesn’t count for the SC anymore.
Because you disagree with them.
Today’s union vote. Have you seen liberals in hysterics, calling the court fraudulent and activist judges? Nope. The SC ruled on the Muslim ban. Are liberals attacking the court and justices the way republicans have for years? Nope. I respect impartiality, not what you people are trying to do.
Kennedy is retiring. Have you seen any Loser's head explode?

Let’s hope Ginsburg gorks now too! :cheers2:

The left will keep her on life support hoping for a senate swap in 2018.

But it's not going to happen.

AZ and MO will go GOP.

They will likely have 52-53 when done.

Then Ruth can die (like she should) in pain (I hope) and we'll replace her with someone that makes Robert Bork look like a leftist.

deanrd must be crapping his welfare purchased britches.

I have read that President Franklin Roosevelt who was a Communist Sympathiser pack that Court with Leftists, they controlled it for more than a generation, so in a situation when the pendulum swings you must take that opportunity and that is now and that is to pack that Court with Solid Right-Wing Judges not these Beta Cuck Faggot RINOs like this Kennedy one who is to retire, I have read about him and not a lot of difference between him and the Democrats.

Just heard on ABC News radio.
/----/ Rush predicts that the Leftards will demand that Trump not name a nominee until Muller concludes his investigation on Collusion otherwise if Trump is removed from office the USSC appointee will be seen as illegitimate. AND I AGREE WITH RUSH.

The filthy Democrats can march around in their pink pussy hats and howl at the sky all they want.

The Republicans control the Senate. They control the committee and they have established the rule for a simple majority vote.

The new judge will be confirmed before the election and there ain't a damn thing the Democrat filth can do about it.

MAGA Baby!

Kennedy takes a dump on his own legacy, letting the dotard replace him with a sycophant

I do wish he would have held on till after Nov so the new congress could have had a part in it.
Figure out why he didn't.

Perhaps he thinks that the Dems will win the Senate back.

As the Senate stands now, it is not hard to imagine at least two Senators will rebel against any far right pick. We might well end up with a more reasonable pick then people assume.
2 senators?! 49 senators will have their panties bunched up very much like you. Alas, that is not enough.

Yes, two senators. How confident are you in Collins or McCain or Flake walking in lock-step with the rest of the GOP?

I am hoping for a reasonable choice like Gorsuch was.

Well there are elections in in November and according to scumbag GOP and the Dupes, that means we should wait until after the election to support a new nomination LOL. At any rate we will never regain our status as a great leading country until Democrats control the the government again like 2 months under Obama and under LBJ...
We WILL go nuke and have a CONSERVATIVE SCOTUS pick in 60 days. And there is not a godamn thing liberals can do about it.

The Constitution says a majority is all that's needed. Garland didn't have a majority. Gorsuch did.

Capische?
Yes through blocking Gorsuch until the Senate and Presidency were one party, and through changing the rule to a simple majority vote, republicans have paved the way for the SC to be a group of activist judges.
Gorsuch was as much of a constitutionalist judge as you'll realistically be able find. Be honest, you want activist judges... as long as you agree with them.
Lol what I want... that’s the thing about Judges, they’re supposed to rule impartially. not the way they or I want. But that doesn’t count for the SC anymore.
Because you disagree with them.
Today’s union vote. Have you seen liberals in hysterics, calling the court fraudulent and activist judges? Nope. The SC ruled on the Muslim ban. Are liberals attacking the court and justices the way republicans have for years? Nope. I respect impartiality, not what you people are trying to do.
Who's trying to burn anything down? You're speaking in hyperbole. I've seen a lot of lefties up in arms about the SC decision on unions.

Careful about assuming things. I'm not a conservative.

Time to reverse Roe Vs Wade!
Go. To. Hell.

That's not going to happen .
Hell or overturning Roe v. Wade?

No one is going to overturn Roe vs wade I would turn a democrat

Without overstepping my bounds as a Canadian, shouldn't this be a state issue?

In fact, I always felt (after being better informed by Americans) that a great number of these issues should be state issues. It was actually appealing to me to realize you DON'T want a heavy, centralized government, you want independent states within Union.

How can American explain it to a Canadian?

This is like winning the Stanley cup..

Kennedy takes a dump on his own legacy, letting the dotard replace him with a sycophant

I do wish he would have held on till after Nov so the new congress could have had a part in it.
Yeah well sucks for you but enjoying the hell out of it.

It might suck for you, how confident are you in Collins or Flake or McCain doing the "right" thing?

And most of you Trump sheep have told me that the GOP will pick up seats in Nov.

Forum List

Back