🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

anti-discrimination laws are the antithesis of freedom

Businesses can discriminate against people wearing MAGA hats. So, yes, the government DOES condone discrimination, as long as it's not based on race, religion or sexual orientation. That seems contradictory and hypocritical.
Equal right laws are govt sanctioned discrimination.
How can one group of people have protection when others dont?

Segregated businesses is ugly, unjust, illegal, and worst of all un-American.

I think there was a time and a place for such laws. I also believe that we've "evolved" to the point that they are no longer needed.

For that matter, a black person will be given FAR more leeway when making a bigoted statement than would a white person.

And when was the last time the DOJ sued a Muslim bakery for refusing to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex marriage?

Have you tried to order a wedding cake at a Muslim owned and operated bakery? Let me know how that works out for you.

Nope. Did you ever see the video of Steven Crowder going into Muslim bakeries in Dearborn, pretending to be gay and trying to order a wedding cake for his gay marriage? It was pretty funny. Several bakeries declined to make such a cake. As far as I know, the DOJ never complained. You see, Islam trumps LGBT.
Michigan doesnt have gay public accommodation laws.

Is it legal to discriminate against gays in Michigan?
Yep. Gays trannies etc arent on the list of public accommodation. Many states are like that.

That restaurant in Virginia threw Sarah Sanders and her family out. Why should that be legal?

I think there was a time and a place for such laws. I also believe that we've "evolved" to the point that they are no longer needed.

For that matter, a black person will be given FAR more leeway when making a bigoted statement than would a white person.

And when was the last time the DOJ sued a Muslim bakery for refusing to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex marriage?

Have you tried to order a wedding cake at a Muslim owned and operated bakery? Let me know how that works out for you.

Nope. Did you ever see the video of Steven Crowder going into Muslim bakeries in Dearborn, pretending to be gay and trying to order a wedding cake for his gay marriage? It was pretty funny. Several bakeries declined to make such a cake. As far as I know, the DOJ never complained. You see, Islam trumps LGBT.

Yep. Gays trannies etc arent on the list of public accommodation. Many states are like that.

Are you sure about that? This source says otherwise.

LGBT rights in Michigan - Wikipedia

Supposedly free people should be able to discriminate against anyone they like for any reason or no reason. anti-discrimination laws allow the government to dictate to private people. Unfortunately, I doubt that the U.S. will ever eliminate such laws. Now, sing it with me..."And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free..."
Bullshit. Your discrimination reduces the freedom of those you discriminate against.

Forced association reduces the freedom of those whose beliefs are negated by such forced association.

Forced association is a false term made up by racists.

Supposedly free people should be able to discriminate against anyone they like for any reason or no reason. anti-discrimination laws allow the government to dictate to private people. Unfortunately, I doubt that the U.S. will ever eliminate such laws. Now, sing it with me..."And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free..."
Bullshit. Your discrimination reduces the freedom of those you discriminate against.

Forced association reduces the freedom of those whose beliefs are negated by such forced association.

Here comes the loony left!

You guys seem to be fine with government mandated racial discrimination that denied people of color their constitutional rights.

Here comes the loony left!

You are the loon.

Are you sure about that? This source says otherwise.

LGBT rights in Michigan - Wikipedia
The third sentence in your link proves me right. The activist judges are not relevant to the actual law.
Here is it is strait from the horses mouth
MDCR - For Victims of Unlawful Discrimination

You guys seem to be fine with government mandated racial discrimination that denied people of color their constitutional rights.
The govt has no right to discriminate in any way.

There's a old legal saying that 'Your right to swing your fist ends at the nose of another man'.

What you believe in private, or espouse in public, is simply your business.

However, when your beliefs turn into actions that actively do harm to others, you've reached the other man's nose.

Equal accommodation is the cornerstone of freedom. In the land of the free, you're not free to do harm to others without consequences.

I have to side with K9 on this one. The very concept of “protected classes” violates the constitutional promise of equal protection. You cannot have the latter as long as the former exist.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Why were protected classes necessary?

What that not because whites made themselves a protected class?

WTF were you guys taught by American history?

That is incorrect. The Constitution forbids the government from discriminating, it does not do so for private entities.

There's a old legal saying that 'Your right to swing your fist ends at the nose of another man'.

However, when your beliefs turn into actions that actively do harm to others, you've reached the other man's nose.

Equal accommodation is the cornerstone of freedom. In the land of the free, you're not free to do harm to others without consequences.

I have to side with K9 on this one. The very concept of “protected classes” violates the constitutional promise of equal protection. You cannot have the latter as long as the former exist.

You've added NOTHING to this discussion. Are you able to do so?

Why they were needed does not remove the fact they violate the equal protection clause.

One class cannot be protected over another and then claim to have equal protection.

We are the government. And whites voted in reps that would pass discriminatory laws and voted locally on referendums enforcing discrimination.

You've added NOTHING to this discussion. Are you able to do so?

I think I have. So now can you answer the questions or are you going to utilize the standard tactics of avoidance and diversion?

Why they were needed does not remove the fact they violate the equal protection clause.

One class cannot be protected over another and then claim to have equal protection.

Actually understanding why they were created allows you to learn that it was done because equal protection was not afforded to those in such classes. And it still isn't.

We are the government. And whites voted in reps that would pass discriminatory laws and voted locally on referendums enforcing discrimination.
You said we would be for govt sanctioned discrimination. That was a lie.
You are just racist so you want other people to be racist.

Actually understanding why they were created allows you to learn that it was done because equal protection was not afforded to those in such classes. And it still isn't.

It never can be as long as some classes get extra protection. As long as protected classes exist, there can never be equal protection.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Forum List

Back