Anti-Israel billboard causing controversy in Detroit

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
ShowImage.ashx

A billboard in the Michigan city of Detroit that reads “America First Not Israel” is arousing accusations anti-Semitism.

The large sign, placed on the city’s 8 Mile Road, was paid for by “Deir Yassin Remembered,” a New York-based organization that has been posting similar signs throughout the country.

Although the metro-Detroit area has one of the largest Arab populations outside the Middle East, as well as a sizable Jewish community, the sign was placed in a part of the city that is neither predominantly Jewish nor Muslim.

In an interview with Detroit’s WXYZ radio, a Fox News affiliate, the Anti-Defamation League’s Heidi Budaj said that the ad and its choice of location is trying to “drive a wedge between the American people and the State of Israel.”

“This particular sign goes a step further and raises an old anti-Semitic canard of dual loyalty, implying that Jews are not loyal to the country in which they live,” Budaj said. “Make no mistake that, while many of the Jewish people in the United States support the State of Israel as a Jewish state, we are loyal Americans.”

Early in the morning of April 9, 1948, commandos of the Irgun (headed by Menachem Begin) and the Stern Gang attacked Deir Yassin, a village with about 750 Palestinian residents. The village lay outside of the area to be assigned by the United Nations to the Jewish State; it had a peaceful reputation. But it was located on high ground in the corridor between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Deir Yassin was slated for occupation under Plan Dalet and the mainstream Jewish defense force, the Haganah, authorized the irregular terrorist forces of the Irgun and the Stern Gang to perform the takeover.

In all over 100 men, women, and children were systematically murdered. Fifty-three orphaned children were literally dumped along the wall of the Old City, where they were found by Miss Hind Husseini and brought behind the American Colony Hotel to her home, which was to become the Dar El-Tifl El-Arabi orphanage.

This was posted a few days ago - maybe in the Israel forum.

I don't see anything anti-Israel about it. I DO put my own country first and so does Israel.

What's wrong with that?

New York First...Not Michigan

Always start Nazism where the economy is failing.

Mi is a great state, too bad the automobile companies got greedy, but we will survive. I think the sign is great,

it should also say "cut foreign aid to Israel".

Mi is a great state, too bad the automobile companies got greedy, but we will survive. I think the sign is great,

And to the Saudis and Syria and Egypt and Libya and Jordan, etc...
Yes, I know according to your web sites the US doesn't give money to any Arab nations.

And to the Saudis and Syria and Egypt and Libya and Jordan, etc...
Yes, I know according to your web sites the US doesn't give money to any Arab nations.

Were talking Israel here. They don't need it. We should quit all except for weather disasters, and to developing countries, of which Syria and Libya are war torn, partly thanks to us.

All in all, I'd say these billboards are a lot more tasteful and less offensive than Pamela Gellar's pro-Israel/anti-Islam billboards.

pamela gellar goes a bit over the top ----but she is certainly not as disgusting
as is Penelope the whore

What do you want it to say:
"Israel First, Not America"

WUT?

I agree with the billboard's message.

the billboard has no "message"-----was not made to "EDUCATE"

Means a lot to an American.

there are lots of islamo Nazi pigs in the USA----I am aware---I grew up in a Nazi town in the north east------but you and the scum of your ilk----generally gin marinated white trash, are still in the minority

Whites are trash? Oh and what is a "Nazi" town?

Last edited:
Whites are trash? Oh and what is a "Nazi" town?

try googling "white trash" The existence of enclaves of Nazi pigs in
the North east USA is well known and well documented. Lots of
communities of descendants of scandanavian and German farmers
of the Hudson Valley (not the area in which I lived) were known Nazi
enclaves during world war II . Try googling --Nazis of the Hudson Valley

nazi town=pro AMERICAN FIRST town.

not really-----the Nazi town in which I grew up in north east USA----did not have
a single black family until well into the 1970s. Nazi town means racist pig plot

nazi town=pro AMERICAN FIRST town.

not really-----the Nazi town in which I grew up in north east USA----did not have
a single black family until well into the 1970s. Nazi town means racist pig plot
Name of town? And so what? Just because a town is all white makes it a "nazi town"? LOL....my wife came from an all white town and damn near all white county....its STILL that way.

Forum List

Back